• Theme
  • None
  • Light

(Set as Active) The Zjarogk Tong (New RolePlaying Guild; Xbox One; N. America) Recruiting

5 replies
Sweetrolls:
I am building, from the ground up, a Lore-based Roleplay Guild that takes the current canonical story-line, and through liberties, adds elements and threads to the complex, colorful, and interesting lives of the peoples of Vvardenfell, Stonefalls, and Tamriel-at-large.

This guild is in its infancy, and as of today's date, (8/10/2017), I am seeking those with an interest enough in the premise to volunteer for leadership positions within the clan - these officers (and I need all the help I can get) will be the forerunners upon whose shoulders, ideas, and ambitions the future of this guild depends. If you have any such an interest, be it in membership, or in leadership, message me in game.

Guildmaster Gamertag:

Saeryn Elyse

The Guild is called, the 'Zjarogk Tong', and is a shadow organization of assassins set on vengeance against the Ruling Elites of the Great Houses of Morrowind.******

STORYLINE, AND PREMISE:

One of Morrowind's Lesser Houses, the House Dravaathi has just undergone a turbulent, and gruesome exile at the orders of the leaders of the Tribunal, the Heads of the Great Houses of Vvardenfell, with House Dres, in particular, spearheading the overthrow. Their reasoning, based on a dispute over land, and power, was seemingly grievous enough to eradicate the Dravaathi house, and its bloodline. A tale all-too-familiar in Morrowind - the Head of House, and his three Sons slaughtered before the family's Matriarch, and two youngest daughters, all forced to bear testament. After the bloody overthrow, the remaining family members were piled upon a ship, and sent to the mainland, to live exiled from the Vvardenfell Homeland.

During the time that the violent ousting took place, the middle Daughters of the Dravaathi, Alaerys, and her sister Sevryn were away from Vvardenfell studying sorcery under a master sorcerer far on the other side of Tamriel.

Upon their return, they narrowly escape a certain doom of their own, and learn of the heinous fate of their Father, Siblings, and House. Against the known wishes of the Great Houses, Naryu and Ashur of the Morag Tong intercept the sisters before the forces of the Great Houses can learn of their presence in their homeland from which they have been exiled. The two assassins spirit the girls away from Vvardenfell, to Stonefalls, where they are reunited with their family, who are disguised as peasantry to escape further persecution at the hands of their fellow Dunmer.

Unwilling to live a life of squalor, and anonymity, Alaerys and Sevryn retake the Ebonheart Chateau which, for many years, since the infancy of the Ebonheart Pact itself, has served as the historical, and ancestral home of the House Dravaathi in Stonefalls. In days past the Head of House Dravaathi was posted on the mainland as a representative of the ruling elite of Morrowind; he spoke as an appointed representative, and delivered the will of the heads of the Great Houses to their delegates in Stonefalls.

After the threat of their own mortality sways officials in Stonefalls to relinquish the Chateau to the rogue Dravaathi, their promise of a regular flow of money and riches buys the insurance of the continued silence - Saeryn Dravaathi, whose married name is Sevryn Mercer, poses as the wife of an extravagant, wealthy Dunmer who purchases the Chateau as his own private estate. Having paid the delegates in Stonefalls, the Sisters Dravaathi begin to use the estate to form, train, and eventually utilize their very own shadow organization, much like the Morag Tong, and other assassins guilds that serve as fixtures in the history of Morrowind and the Dark Mer.

In retribution for the murder of their father, and brothers, and the tarnishing of the good name of her family, Alaerys Dravaathi, with the help of her sisters, and allies, gives life to a most fearsome shade among the dark crags of Stonefalls:

the Zjarogk Tong.

From the shadows, the Zjarogk Tong pledge to exact revenge by violently eradicating each and every member of the Ruling Elite of Morrowind that were actively, or passively to blame for the downfall of the House Dravaathi.

The Great Houses of Morrowind know not from whence the blade in the night strikes, nor where it gathers its vengeful powers, or purpose, but they know two things:

Firstly, someone, somewhere wants to end their lives, and second, the name the threat leaves in blood in the wake of their murderous crusade is naught but the terror-inducing Dunmeri name, "Zjarogk Tong".

"Zjarogk", in Dunmeri, historically refers to a 'calamitous, but righteous agent, or hand of retribution, vengeance, and fate'

"Tong" in Dunmeri means, 'guild'; (for instance, Morag means 'Forester; Woodsman' - Morag Tong: Guild of the Forest-Dwellers)

'Zjarogk Tong' translates to 'the Guild of the Bringers of the Righteous Vengeance of Fate"

(The claim by the Sisters Dravaathi that they are righteous in the eyes of the Ancestor-Gods, and Daedra in their infliction of retribution upon the leaders and members of the Tribunal and Great Houses of Morrowind is, of course, considered a blasphemous affront back in Vvardenfell, where the Great Houses, fearing retribution, spread propaganda, and outlaw the mention of the 'Zjarogk Tong'.) It takes no time after the first assassinations by the Zarogk Tong before the citizenry are so afraid of the anger of the ruling elite, and the ruling elite are so afraid of potential comeuppance that not a mention of the Zjaogk Tong can be heard above-ground in the daylight hours. They are treated like a ghost story, or a bad dream - something separated from the plane of reality by a veil of myth. The Zjarogk Tong itself considers this to be to its advantage. "If everyone ignores our existence, how can they ever see that we have come for them, until it is too late?" Alaerys Dravaathi asks her members in a pamphlet printed and distributed among their ranks. As of the current time in the story-line of Tamriel, the House Dravaathi has been forgotten, there is no connection drawn between the Family, and the Zarogk Tong, and the Guild has clandestine support of the officials of Stonefalls who feel the Great Houses of Morrowind see them as inferior, and the Morag Tong, who, influenced by Ashur and Naryu, maintain that the murder of the Dravaathi family members was an unjustifiable travesty that was done without due process, for selfish enterprise, and profit, and that without a sanctioned writ, is a criminal offense worthy of investigation and punishable by the Laws of the Tribunal - of course their protests are met with threats by the Ruling Elite, and so their support must take the form of moral support, and the occasional respite for the wayward Zarogk Tong member on a mission on the Island of the Red Mountain.)

((****** Dunmer are not the exclusive race that comprises the Guild - any race can join, so long as they take the oath of righteous vengeance, and swear their lives, and deaths in the service of righting centuries of injustice enacted upon Morrowind, the lands of the Ebonheart Pact, and Tamriel in general, by the Great Houses of Morrowind, by executing writs that call for the assassination of worthy targets - namely those with surnames in service of the members of the houses Dres, Indoril, Telvanni, Redoran, and Hlaalu who either actively, or passively allowed for the committing of atrocities in the name of the Ruling Elite of the Island of the Red Mountain. ))

Again,

Guildmaster's Gamertag:

Saeryn Elyse
Posted Aug 10, 17 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+3
Interested! I messaged you on Xbox. GT: Pixel8edRevelry
Posted Aug 10, 17
Sweetrolls:
I am so excited to hear it! ^.^

I replied to your message on XBL, and sent a Guild Invite to your GT in-game; one last item worthy of mention - the Facebook page can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheZjarogkTong/
Posted Aug 11, 17 · OP
Sweetrolls:
Hey if you're on Xbox message me I'll join
Posted Sep 28, 17
Sweetrolls:
Gt- Paintball Troop
Posted Sep 28, 17
Sweetrolls:
+3
Is there room in your guild for me? Im new on xbox one north american server right now i just have the base game and am new to rp i have an aragonian sellsword who has a love for both poisons and sword making alike born from the black marsh area in rp i am a naga i was wondering if your guild would have a spot for a aragonian like me also i have had leadership positions in other mmos
Posted Oct 7, 17 · Last edited Oct 7, 17
NoticeNotices