• Light

Page
of 4

[NA-DC] Razerel's Rebellion : An Expansion of the March War

37 replies
Sweetrolls:
+3,837
Spared a Coin
When it comes to large scale events and High Rock Noble Houses I personally operate under some basic rules.
1. Thou shalt not lay a ruling claim to an in-game location.
In other words, no, you can't depose Queen Arzhela and claim to rule Evermore. Not even as a Regent with her permission.
So really, just don't. Those are open and "public" spaces and if one person can claim to be the Earl of Hoarfrost Downs so can someone else and next thing you know we have competing "realities." It's bad form. Really bad form.

2. Thou shalt not play the ruling NPCs.
In other words, no, you can't say Emeric said something disparaging about a player character at dinner or made a ruling against a player character. A caveat, however; All nobles derive their titles, ultimately, from the Crown...and that is High King Emeric. That can ALSO be Queen Arzhela and any other NPC King or Queen in High Rock...but even they ultimately hand out such rewards under the auspices of Emeric. So whether you got a title from a player-character Duchess or said your character got their title from birth, their family having been Lords for generations... in the end there's no way to completely cut out the NPC rulers. A certain amount of "hand waving" is required in this case. And whether "getting your title though RP" or simply creating a character that has a title from jump... keep in mind that both have EQUAL validity, neither is somehow "better" or "more legitimate" than the other.

3. Thou shalt only lay claim to rulership of PLAYER-MADE demesnes.
Wanna be a Duke? Fine. Make up your own Duchy. Bear in mind that the cities on the map are mere snapshots and the "real" map would encompass a much vaster place with plenty of room for other domains of various status. Don't bother to try to lay its borders out on the game map. You'll just generate argument. The Barony of Gawd Du is "south of Northpoint by better than a day's ride." There. Done.

4. Thou shalt not pretend to authority over any player character outside your own demesne.
In other words, those players who have agreed that your character has authority over them. No one else has to listen to what your Duchess says.

Does this series of events conform to all of the above? From what I've been able to glean (and my information retention is not perfect so it's possible I'm wrong) it seems that it does.
"I speak the Word from the hidden gulfs that never knew the sun
Send me a servant for my hate, oh scaled and shining One!"
― Robert E. Howard

Conan Exiles Roleplay: http://conanexilesrp.enjin.com/home
Posted Sep 29, 17
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+352
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
High Rock
One Hour till event time for the battle if you are planning on attending please show up as early as possible to give time for the GMs to get everything set up.
Posted Oct 1, 17 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+352
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
High Rock
Battle of Boralis
856e664d65efb50a6d94eaeb43d64665.jpg
When: Saturday October 7th, 8pm EST
IC Location: The Boralis region on the road to Northpoint.
OOC: Location: Forces of the Crown will gather at Northpoint South Gate, Razerel's Rebels will Gather at Old Fel's Fort
Phasing/Grouping: @ValeriaLencolia (Crown), @ValeriaLencolia2 (Rebels)

What: As the Count's Northern Army marches towards Northpoint, Scouts manage to get a look at the enemy force and learn that the army is not as large as the forces of the Crown originally feared. Emboldened by this the Crown's Defenders at Northpoint march south to meet the oncoming army and keep them from doing damage to Northpoint's Valuable docks.

Who: Forces already aligned with the Crown or Count Razerel that were sent to Northpoint, or anyone who has not yet joined up but wishes to join either side. If you plan to show up and have not yet entered your character in the combat system roster you are encouraged to do so prior to the battle if possible to speed things up for everyone.

(apologies for the short notice on this one!)
Posted Oct 6, 17 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+200
Sadface, I will probably miss this as Saturdays are D&D nights for me. Oh well! Battle on!
Looking for my ESO Characters? Have a look here.
Posted Oct 6, 17
Sweetrolls:
+352
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
High Rock
Battle of Graywatch Bay
maxresdefault.jpg
When: Wednesday October 11th, 8pm EST
IC Location: The waters around Castle Graywatch, on the East Coast of Rivenspire.
OOC: Location: TBA
Phasing/Grouping: @ValeriaLencolia (Crown), @ValeriaLencolia2 (Rebels)

What: With the Count's Northern Army forced to abandon its push northwards on Northpoint, allied forces from Daggerfall have made landfall to the north, while the Daggerfall Forces muster and prepare to march south, a smaller force of ships and soldiers sails on past Northpoint heading south to break the naval blockade of Castle Graywatch and hopefuly the siege itself.

Who: Forces already aligned with the Crown or Count Razerel that were left behind at the siege or on the ships comprising the Count's Navy. Pirates, Mercenaries and Soldiers hired by the covenant to break the blockade, or anyone who has not yet joined up but wishes to join either side. If you plan to show up and have not yet entered your character in the combat system roster you are encouraged to do so prior to the battle if possible to speed things up for everyone.
Posted Oct 10, 17 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+762
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Battle of Boralis Battlemap Recap

Battle_of_Boralis_-_1_Start.jpg
Battle_of_Boralis_-_2_Varro_Retreat.jpg
Battle_of_Boralis_-_3_Varro_Feigned_Flight.jpg
Battle_of_Boralis_-_4_Varro_Cantabarian_Circle.jpg
Battle_of_Boralis_-_5_Final.jpg
Belisarius_Forum_Signature_small.png

Posted Oct 10, 17
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+352
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
High Rock
Apologies for the delays in getting the next round of things going RL has been a bit crazy! New leadup events incoming!

Razerel's War Camp
8284d3856c054fa5127518d871fcc6f2.jpg

When: Thursday November 16th, 8pm EST
IC Location: The Encamped Army of Count Razerel, Hoarfrost Pass.
OOC: Location: TBA
Phasing/Grouping:@ValeriaLencolia2

What: With the Count's Northern Army forced to abandon its push northwards on Northpoint, and crown forces from Daggerfall now having made landfall to the north, and the Siege of Graywatch Broken. Count Razerel gathers together with his allies and generals to plan his next movements.

Who: Forces already aligned with Count Razerel, or new forces seeking to join him.
Posted Mon at 06:30 pm · OP · Last edited Tue at 0:03
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+352
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
High Rock
Shornhelm's War Council
hillside_stronghold_by_andrewryanart-d5j3daf.jpg

When: Sunday November 19th, 8pm EST
IC Location: A Mountain Fortress between Shornhelm and Hoarfrost Downs
OOC: Location: Firebrand Keep
Phasing/Grouping:@ValeriaLencolia

What: With its victories in the north the forces of the crown gather to prepare and plan their next moves, as the Army of Daggerfall prepares to move south against the Count's allies in the north the threat of the Count's army to Shornhelm remains a looming danger with allies from Stormhaven and Evermore rushing to get there first.

Who: Forces loyal to the Covenant who are already involved in the war or new forces seeking to join in.
Posted Mon at 06:30 pm · OP · Last edited Tue at 0:03
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices