+993
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
New affiliate added!

Hearthlight, a social housing guild.
"Are you looking for a friendly, helpful social community? Are you new to the game and interested in learning the basics? Do you like Housing? Are looking to trade and learn furnishing plans? Enjoy looking at other people's home decor? Then Hearthlight is for you!"
IGN: @opallithia
Discord: opallithia#1386
Founder: Veldresi Enterprises
Project Manager: ESO-RP Public Housing Directory
Interact: From the Desk of Madame Velette
Posted Feb 25, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+993
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
9tcX86P.png

~ THE TAMRIEL TIMES ~
no. 203.078 BETTER HOMESTEADS AND GARDENS Since 2E 565
Featuring Alexandria 's Villa Tenebris!

“Greetings! This is Amelia Hawke back with another issue of Better Homesteads and Gardens, this week featuring the lovely Villa Tenebris and its keeper, Morgaine. Thank you for spending time with me today, Morgaine.

"Why of course. I'm very flattered that you've shown an interest in the Villa Tenebris."

"How could I not, with such a beautiful estate? So, how did you come to own this estate?"

"Well, it's in a rather remote location of Craglorn and I was looking for a quiet retreat. A haven, if you will. The place was in need of some repair and reputed to be haunted so I was able to acquire it without much trouble after... persuading... some officials in Belkarth to produce a new deed since apparently any former paperwork has been long lost regarding the original Imperial owners. War and the soul burst has brought such chaos after all. Pity."

"A pity indeed, but all the more reason to set up a relaxing retreat! So, tell me a bit about why you decided to decorate it the way you did.

"In my travels and explorations, I've come across many interesting art objects and learned an appreciation of several other cultures. You'll find Redguard opulence, Dunmer grace, and Khajiit whimsy scattered throughout the place, with a few Breton and Altmer touches as well. It's rather become my repository for my finds as I travel across the face of Tamriel."

"A quick look around certainly shows it. What does an average day look like around here?"

"Day? Days are rather quiet around here though that is when the servants see to the bulk of their duties. It's at night that the place truly... comes alive. Music. Dance. Philosophical discussion into the dawn. The Villa is open to all with whom I share a certain kinship. I find we have much to talk about."
"I see, I’ll have to find a way to get in on this secret club! Do you have any tips for aspiring interior designers?"

"Listen to your inner muse. Don't be afraid to take chances. Do something surprising. Go ahead and put some stocks or a rack in the guest bedroom. The look on peoples' faces is priceless and it never fails to start an entertaining conversation."

"Wonderful. I can see you have put much time and effort into making a beautiful location for others to enjoy. Thank you for your time today and do take care!"

“You're very welcome dear and thank you for taking the time to travel all the way out here. But the sun is near setting and you really should be on your way before this evening's guests begin to arrive. Though... on second thought... there is a room I've quiet forgotten to show you. It won't take but a moment. Come, follow me downstairs... you really must see the... wine cellar."

“Wow, a VIP tour! Can’t say no to that!”

FIN

Stream courtesy of Edda !

Posted Mar 11, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 25, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+993
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
cFYrIMv.png

~ THE TAMRIEL TIMES ~
no. 203.079 BETTER HOMESTEADS AND GARDENS Since 2E 565
Featuring AdriRaven 's Wardstone Keep!

“Greetings! This is Amelia Hawke, back with another homestead feature after taking a vacation due to a mysterious neck injury. Today we’re joined by Lady Petra Graystorm, presiding over Wardstone Keep. Thank you for speaking with me today.”

"So, it was quite a trek out to this castle! How do fare out here, so far from, er, civilization?"

"I certainly suspect it was! Quite a trek, even from Evermore! Honestly, I have to commend your fortitude for being willing and able to travel this far to the doorstep of the Reach! As for how we are, well. As you may have seen while following the Old Road in from Bangkorai proper, it can be rough living out here. Fortunately, the people of Stormreach are a hardy bunch, and we take care of each other here in the Vale."

"Rough living, perhaps, but charming nonetheless. Speaking of, I can see you took a rather... sparse approach to decoration. That's a bit uncommon for nobility, in my experience. Do you have any comment?"

"That's a very polite way to put it, yeah. The building itself was originally the seat of power of the previous ruling family here in Stormreach Vale, the Elerics. According to the records, they were a very well thought-of family once, but unfortunately, their vices caught up to them. I understand there was some unpleasantness and they were ousted from power. When my mother and father took over, they were of a more... austere frame of mind. They didn't want to be seen as flaunting wealth and status over a group of people. Especially a group of people with a history of having to band together when the orcs or the nords or the Reachfolk would come a-raiding. Our people are down-to-earth, and Mother and Father felt they needed to match pace."

"Wow, quite a history. An old place like this must have some quirks or secrets.”

"Oh, yes. Plenty of both. While I'm not going to be laying any secrets bare for you or your readers, I can tell you that much of the place has been restored from the aforementioned 'unpleasantness'. And during the restoration, we're always finding strange things or quirks. Many of these will be accounted for and studied by groups like the Mages' Guild. There's even rumors that Wardstone was once built as a giant locking mechanism for something, but... now it's defunct. Who's to say, really?"

"Mysterious! Well, as we wrap up, what would you tell future homeowners about decorating a space this size?"

"Weeeeeell, teeeechnically, I -am- the next owner, once my parents decide to run away and stick me with it. But if I ever have a kid of my own that I plan to stick the place with, I'd tell them to mind the space. It's a huge old place, with a lot of corners, and you're never going to fill it all, so choose your battles wisely. Focus your efforts where you want people to look - or where you want them to look away from."

"Thank you for your time today, and do take care!"

"Yes! You're very welcome, it was a pleasure to have you. But really, take the Old Road back to Serpent's Steeple and from there back to Evermore. Don't stray. Covenant patrols and my father's knights keep things clear on the road, but the Woods... Those'll eat you if you aren't cautious. Feel free to finish your drink, and I'll see you out!"

FIN

Posted Mar 18, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 25, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+448
This thread is briliant! I'm making a new guild for Scholars right now. I'd love to have the future guild hall showcased here!
giphy.gif
Posted Mar 18, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+993
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
wrote:
This thread is briliant! I'm making a new guild for Scholars right now. I'd love to have the future guild hall showcased here!

Features are typically reserved to those homesteads that are listed in the directory and open to the public for RP at least some of the time. If you meet those requirements, shoot me a message!
Posted Mar 19, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+993
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
RRAxa3S.png

~ THE TAMRIEL TIMES ~
no. 203.080 BETTER HOMESTEADS AND GARDENS Since 2E 565
Featuring @Jaeysa's Magic Emporium!

“Greetings! This is Amelia Hawke, back with another mysterious and exciting home to feature! Today we are graced by the company of Ehlayra as she shows us her Emporium of the Esoteric and Eclectic. What a quaint shop, can you tell me a little bit about the products and services you offer here?”

“We specialize on obtaining or enchanting items of note - often magical relics from bye-gone eras, or potions of woundrous effects. I personally ensure that everything is safe and exactly what my clients have requested.”

“Do you have much competition in this line of work? If so, what do you do to put yourself above the rest?”

“Some, but simply put we put ourselves above the rest by being the best. Our clients know that we can procure just about everything, so long as it is obtainable, within a reasonable amount of time.”

“I know where I’ll come next time I need some magical interference! So, did you find all these objects yourself or did they come from other sources?”

“Primarily we find people come to us with curiosities they find on their travels - in fact there are several who come to us first before any other dealers. As for decoration? I'm afraid I leave the actual display up to my assistant. I find her quite capable.”

“Do you have any odd or interesting stories of things happening here?”

“Oh several. Normally during the time where I ensure what dealers are attempting to sell me are exactly what they seem - with no extra curses added in to flavor. One time - this was something my sister brought back actually - we had a knife that was taken from an old Dwemer ruin that turned out to be cursed so that whenever someone used it to butter toast they would be forced to sing a rhyme of some sort. That was certainly the most random thing I've come across.”

“I should say so; hopefully you don’t get anything more random than that! Thank you for your time today, and do take care!”

FIN

Posted Mar 25, 18 · OP · Last edited Sun at 21:50
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+993
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
There will be no stream or feature this Sunday due to travel and family obligations. Stay tuned for the following week!
Posted Mar 27, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+993
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
The stream and feature will be pushed again this week, apologies for the delay! We should be ready by the weekend of April 15.
Posted Apr 4, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+993
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
jTgun5V.png

~ THE TAMRIEL TIMES ~
no. 203.081 BETTER HOMESTEADS AND GARDENS Since 2E 565
Featuring Zazariz 's Neutral Temple!

“Hello and welcome back! This is Amelia Hawke here with Zazariz, caretaker of The Neutral Temple. I've seen temples dedicated to all sorts of Divines, but rarely one on neutral turf to worship all the gods. How does that work, and how did you come up with the idea?”

“It works quite well, surprisingly. Each of the eight gods has a Sigil that is known as theirs. Each Sigil is spaced out in the main worship area, along with benches, pews, and kneeling pillows that can be used by anyone. I also have set up an area that people can use for rituals requiring water or other liquids. There are so many different smaller faiths though that it would be impossible for me to set up a space for every single one, so I have areas designed with no sigils, but neutral items instead that can be used for the faiths that I am unable to obtain a Sigil, or symbolic item for. As for coming up with the idea, I didn't. The original owners wanted this type of setup but were never able to do it themselves. When I became the Caretaker of the place, I decided to make their original wishes a reality.”

“Have there ever been any... clashes of opposing viewpoints in the temple, or do people stay respectful?”

“In the early days I was a bit fearful of zealots or something similar creating issues within the Temple. Due to this, I started a zero-tolerance policy on disrespectful behavior. I encourage talks between people of different faiths to learn about each other if they can be respectful. Disrespectful behavior though ends with immediate expulsion from the grounds. Luckily, I haven't had to enact the expulsion often.”

“How did you decide on a location and decorating theme for the temple with visitors of every race and creed?”

“I didn't decide on location actually. The original owners ended up entrusting this place to me. As for decorating this place, I attempted to set it up so that there is a sense of peace when entering. The main floor of the Temple is for worship, the upstairs is for study, learning, and research, and the bottom floor is for eating as well as my personal chambers. Each section is designed to bring about a sense of belonging as well. When someone is attempting to worship their god, they should feel as though they are safe and at home. Not in a random building. On one side of the Temple itself I have created a small garden to give people another location to meditate and calm themselves if they are of nature itself. And on the other side, I have converted the watch tower into a small housing station of sorts. Several beds, drawers to hold personal items if they need to stay the night, and the top of the watch tower is now a lounge area. I recently added a small game-table as well.”

“Do you have any interesting stories to share about the temple?”

“Interesting stories....Hmm... I did have a group of bandits attempt to take this location over once to become their new headquarters and a front for some drug smuggling ring. I used to be military and noble guard, so dealing with the riff-raff wasn't difficult. It turned out that a couple of people using the Temple at the time had experience with combat as well, so the three of us were able to push the bandits back with ease. It was ...unexpected to say the least; fun though.”

“Well, I hope it was the last time that happens! Thank you for your time today, and do take care!”

“Of course, you as well. And do be careful of the animals on your way out. It is nearly feeding time.”

FIN

Posted Sun at 09:47 pm · OP · Last edited 24 hours ago
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page