• Theme
  • None
  • Light

Page
of 2

Congregation of the Arcane - asking for feedback and thoughts!

13 replies
Sweetrolls:
+3,837
Spared a Coin
wrote:
Eyevea is a great idea, I hope you follow through and do this
Well in addition to it being quest locked, Eyevea is essentially the property of the Mages' Guild and would it make sense for them to welcome mages of all sorts of other schools (and none) into their domain?

You could always say they're helping host it or something, and quest locked is better than DLC locked. The only other thing I can think of would be Craglorn or something for neutrality.

Well on the one hand I LIKE quest locked areas just because they tend to have less random players in them in general and if you give everyone sufficient lead time they can totally get the quest done beforehand on the character they want to attend with. And you COULD say, for purposes of the event, that it isn't Eyevea at all but some other privately mage owned island.

The other location being considered is the Observatory in Belkarth in Craglorn so yes it has the advantage of being easily accessible and ICly neutral. Honestly, thinking about it, either could work well.
"I speak the Word from the hidden gulfs that never knew the sun
Send me a servant for my hate, oh scaled and shining One!"
― Robert E. Howard

Conan Exiles Roleplay: http://conanexilesrp.enjin.com/home
Posted Wed at 06:23 pm
Sweetrolls:
+1,044
wrote:
wrote:
Eyevea is a great idea, I hope you follow through and do this
Well in addition to it being quest locked, Eyevea is essentially the property of the Mages' Guild and would it make sense for them to welcome mages of all sorts of other schools (and none) into their domain?

You could always say they're helping host it or something, and quest locked is better than DLC locked. The only other thing I can think of would be Craglorn or something for neutrality.

Well on the one hand I LIKE quest locked areas just because they tend to have less random players in them in general and if you give everyone sufficient lead time they can totally get the quest done beforehand on the character they want to attend with. And you COULD say, for purposes of the event, that it isn't Eyevea at all but some other privately mage owned island.

The other location being considered is the Observatory in Belkarth in Craglorn so yes it has the advantage of being easily accessible and ICly neutral. Honestly, thinking about it, either could work well.

The Observatory would be great I think
oVMtXnM.png
Posted Wed at 07:55 pm
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+286
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
With the lore as we know it for the mage's guild in the ESO timeline, it would very much be in the guild's intrest to host such an event to bridge and sorta broker a means for scholars to enjoy knowledge.

However, it would most defiantly have to be on netural territories- to prevent any 'one side is better then the other', much like the end of the main-storyline with the mages/fighters guild coming together for the fight in coldharbor.

I'm very excited to see how this plays out and look forward to attending.
viearresized.png
"I try to create sympathy for my characters, then turn the monsters loose."– Stephen King
Viear Askulla | Bheiv Lefevre | Balfour Thornbinder| Iniro Risiro | Faedryn Beluorard | ESO Tumblr
Posted 23 hours ago
Sweetrolls:
+420
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
This sounds like a great idea! Though as stated previously I think it would indeed to be as neutral faction speaking as possible. Perhaps some sort of formal document all goers sign stating they will leave politics at the door less they get a swift boot? I support this can't wait to see it happen.

giphy.gif
Thelenir Ethelain-Altmer @shadock

6a1bc57f862470ca98db9fd6d32118f3b69698f0_128.gif
Posted 23 hours ago
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices