49 replies
Sweetrolls:
+145
PC-NA
Ebonheart Pact
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Skyrim
This is, by far, my favorite thread on this site ever. Maybe I have no morals, but fuck me this is great. Now I feel like my blood mage is a necrophiliac because of his relationship with a vampire and it amuses me to no end!
Posted Thu at 10:43 am
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+3,837
Spared a Coin
wrote:
This is, by far, my favorite thread on this site ever. Maybe I have no morals, but fuck me this is great. Now I feel like my blood mage is a necrophiliac because of his relationship with a vampire and it amuses me to no end!
Hey now.....
gN6gTmv.png

<3
"I speak the Word from the hidden gulfs that never knew the sun
Send me a servant for my hate, oh scaled and shining One!"
― Robert E. Howard

Conan Exiles Roleplay: http://conanexilesrp.enjin.com/home
Posted Thu at 10:47 am
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+70
Back on-topic, I think that necrophilia has a major stigma in Tamriel due to the reverence many cultures place on the dead. Dunmer often literally worship their honored ancestors, nords treat the dead with deep honor and respect, and redguards find raising a hand to harm the dead a soul-dooming sin. So it's not just an ick factor crime, it's sacrilegious and profane. With that kind of taboo, that may be why a few grim individuals find it appealing- it's so wrong, on a spiritual and cultural level.
20798.jpg
I am Red/Black
I am both selfish and chaotic. I value self-gratification and control; I want to have things my way, preferably now. At best, I'm entertaining and surprising; at worst, I'm hedonistic and violent.

13.jpg
Posted Thu at 12:11 pm
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+46
Spared a Coin
Of course the necrophiliac from Oblivion is a dirty, dirty Hlaalu. But seriously, I am bringing nothing to this. I just wanted to be silly. Falanu Hlaalu is the hero Cyrodiil needed.
Posted Thu at 01:31 pm
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+89
I randomly stumbled across this guy in Cyrodiil. Possibly relevant to this topic. Certainly makes one wonder...

pXaWZmX.png

XHqOQmc.png

cSQgZJj.png

pOadjj7.png

pqRvDrc.png
Posted 15 hours ago
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+594
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
High Rock
Wrothgar
Oh that's a really cool one Owl! I've run into that one before too, and always thought of it as a necromancer who is trying to keep his family around. Perhaps even a morbid coping mechanism due to the dire pains of this war. But I like the addition of it!
anhaga mid hrimcealde sæ

Anna Caiohme - The Wandering Wyress
Matthew Dumont - The Pale Knight

Posted 14 hours ago · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+3,428
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Gold Coast
This thread is fantastic. I actually had no idea about the necrophilia undertones to ES lore until now. So creepy.

But... I'm gonna have to disagree with the definition of necrophilia when it comes to vampires. Maybe in the absolute broadest sense but I'm pretty sure wanting to sleep with a vampire and wanting to sleep with a corpse have totally different motivations. Unless you think all the teens who love Twilight also secretly want to dig up a corpse and have sex with it.

Vampires have been depicted as sexual creatures in literature since the days of Dracula. Whereas corpses are, well, corpses. I think the fetishes are fairly distinct.

I think the distinction is that vampires are dead, but they aren't corpses. They aren't rotting, they're in a state of eternal preservation and look mostly mortal. Big difference between sleeping with the chick with no pulse and a pus-oozing skeleton, right?
3NjF17Z.png

Lady Olyviana Ravnore 6znzDGU.pngHouse Ravnore | Imperial Vampire House
6znzDGU.png6znzDGU.pngConclave of Night | Monster Hub Guild
Posted 14 hours ago
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+535
PC-NA
Ebonheart Pact
Morrowind
Skyrim
Since I can't really stay away from this one given my slightly off-kilter appreciation for Mannimarco and the Worm Cult (don't judge me pls), I want to point out yet another instance of this sort of unnerving behaviour being utilized as a disgusting and taboo wrench in the moral culture of Tamriel...and also, just a bit of phenomenally creepy dialogue that occurs within the TES universe. Observe a quote given to the player character by Mannimarco during the Mage's Guild questline of Oblivion. By this point, the Hero of Kvatch would've already made their way to Echo Cave to confront Mannimarco, and when they ask him about Worm Thralls, his response is this:

"I see Bolor was unsuccessful in delaying you. Very well. I shall reanimate him once we are done here. Perhaps we shall chat for a while, since you really have no other options? I must say, I expected Arch-Mage Traven, rather than his star pupil. I am disappointed to see that he could not face me himself. I have met so many of his predecessors over the years. I developed a particular fondness for Galerion, ill-preserved though he may be. But here you are instead. Skilled enough to make it this far, which speaks volumes about you. Perhaps you'll be as useful to me as Traven would." (Source on this is right here.)

I just want that to sink in a bit. The roots of necromancy are, in some cases, SO EXTREME that a character as powerful as Mannimarco would use it to hold onto the twisted attachment he has for Galerion. In this case....keeping his body preserved as a thrall for several hundred years after his death during their last battle.

Is this proof of anything as fundamentally whacked and disturbing as necrophilia? God, I hope not. But still. It's creepy. These games are creepy, and it's kind of fascinating just how creepy they are.
si0l4Hy.jpg
Posted 11 hours ago
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,421
Lore Lizard
Aldmeri Dominion
Ebonheart Pact
I was going to avoid participating in this, but I was asked for my opinion, so...

I'll attempt to keep the real world out of this as much as possible, but I'd still like to touch on what our psychology believes to be the motivation behind the act of necrophilia.

Necrophilia usually sees one of two motivations, one being relatively common for nearly all paraphilia.
The first and common one, is the notion of POWER over you partner. For necrophiliacs this power comes from the partner's inability to move (because they're dead, duh), and thus inability to object to anything that they might do. This type would usually find a living partner willing to roleplay as a corpse by staying as still as possible.
The second is a direct attraction to dead bodies. Not talking rotting corpses here, but rather the corpses of the recently deceased.

There a third somewhat common subtype, but it is not particularly relevant to this discussion.

Now, for necromancers in particular, both categories would be equally likely, and hell that one guy with the whole skeleton crew in the pictures above, might actually fall into the third subtype.
Applying this to other examples brought up in this thread, the second type would probably be attracted to some vampires, especially the pallid ones. It is very rare that necrophiliacs are attracted to rotting corpses or skeletons, so a vampire wouldn't be outside of this purview.
For first type though, we'll see it get a bit harder, because in such a magical world, there'll suddenly be a lot more ways in which to get that sense of power, to the point where this type wouldn't necessarily manifest in such a fashion.

Posted 48 mins ago
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices