• Light

Notes on Functional Warpaints (WIP)

2 replies
Sweetrolls:
+170
PC-NA
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
At the Hammer Hall's newly stocked alchemy station along the bookshelf tucked away is a rather bulky leather bound journal stuffed with many pages and dried leaves, the handwriting is not to par and some of the writing is sneered with fingerprints you will read the following:
(This is a completely interactive journal in which anyone can add notes or scribbles in if they desire. Use your imagination)

g2g41EV.png
(Big thanks to Rayna who makes these collages)

Notes on Functional Warpaints
By Iona Vlörn

Striking fear into the foe in one thing but to be the smartest barbarian out there is another. What are functional warpaints you might be asking yourself? Simply why settle for looking deadly when you can have that edge on the field. Before continuing down this path you have to cross another to achieve the desired outcome, gain prior knowledge and therefore I recommend you read the Fundaments of Alchemy. Now if you've not taken too many blows to the skull you can start to recognize the connection between alchemy and warpaints. If not go back to swinging a sword at your best or brood at some apothecary.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Slightly crumbled pages of parchment had been slipped into Iona's rustic journal of anxious studies, her writing this time had moderately improved and much more legible to the curious reader

Upon hearing about this bazaar taking place, I gazed over the Frostfall kissed leaves noticing them fed by Kynes rain; the old signs of winters steady approach. Coin has been seeping away since that Reachman business and we Hammers could always use extra supplies for our warriors if they should return to our hearth. So I will not waste time away from a tankard of mead and to do seeking out more reagents for warpaints to make a good supply to sell and distribute. It is no easy task and one of which should not be rusted without trial and error. So far my efforts have only produced two new paints which might appeal to hunters this season and also warriors seeking the larger beasts for meats.

Marksman Harrowing

Bestows a heightened calibre for marksmanship and surprisingly arrows will penetrate armour much more fiercely. Should be applied to face or arms and/or upper body.
iKj9SSe.jpg
(reference towards the colouring. Model: the lovely Rayna)

Agents and reagents:
- Giant's Molar - Yank the big teeth from the back of a giants mouth with the root intact.
- Compound Eye - A delicate process removing insect eye from the sockets but their colours are just as bewitching as their properties.

Clay-
#Its colour is a yellow ochre hue. Colours may vary.

Dragons Zeal

Even the strongest of warriors feel the wear and tear of battle. This warpaint, when applied to anywhere on the body, should bolster your energy, that vitality that keeps you pushing further and further fortify your health.

Agents and reagents:
- Porphyry - A gem shackled in hardened rock nested with other crystals, you can haggle away with miners or visit your local Alchemist for stock.
- Dragonthorn - Not hard to notice the blood red flowers mung the thorn bush of this plant, take caution of obtaining these beautiful trinkets.

Clay-
Its colour is close to a warm mahogany.

itljpZ6.png

Scattered about the Ulrich's Stronghold are various parchments with scribbles that tell of the recent make shift work of Iona's experimentation with local ingredients sourced from Stros M'kai, for alchemical warpaints for the battles ahead.

Foil Sickness

Ward off diseases whether bitten by critters or coughed on by corpses.

Agents and reagents:
- Lizard Fangs - Main fangs pried out with roots intact then kept jarred.
- Bone Meal- Any left over bones can be simply ground down into a dust-like meal.
- Freshwater
Clay - Mild gray in colour.

One more Fight

Overturn the decline of your health due to battle or fatigue.

Agents and reagents:
- Dwarven Oil - A thick black liquid extracted from a Dwemer machine.
- Snake Tail - The other end of a snake, chopped off prior to the excretion area.
- Freshwater

Clay - Marbled ebony varied in colouration.
py702T5.png

Returning from the raids of the Aldmeri shores, much has transpired since the Hammer's arrival yet the warrior Vlorn restless and unending presses forwards to Hammer Hall at first light making quick and vigorous work of the alchemy work stations made available. Her usual armour and weapons could be found lined up near the area for easy embarkment. That journal of hers open for all, and displayed many more ruffled parchments with untidy writings.

I must make stride over the familiar cold lands of Skyrim before her soils further redden with the blood of our kinsmen and stray for a moment from the warpaints of fierce battle. North Wind's Prayer is on the horizon and will offer potions to those in need before the coming storm. I have written a few formulas which still need time to gather, procure ingredients and test. There is no prayer for me, but to act and prepare once again.

Shor's Strength
Let your strength not wane with this potion to fortify constitution and vitality.

Agents and reagents
- Nirnroot - The humming of a nirnroot can be heard near any small river or brook. This shimmering plant with bonny roots grows close to water and glows vaguely when sun falls.
- Luminous Russala - Found near the base of trees this wide-capped, cowering toadstool with a blotchy white, brown and green colour, with streaks of purple in the stalk.
- Freshwater

Other alternatives:
Blue Entoloma Cap - Search near rocks and ivy in the northern and central forests for this mushroom of a fading gray-blue with a domed cap and slim stalk.

pL7MlB9.jpg

Blessing of the Moth
This small potion will seal your wounds and heal illness regardless of infliction or infection.

Agents and reagents
- Cold Blood - Stale blood from a small animal, viscous and congealed, sealed in a bottle.
- Sturdy Carapace - Make do with a carefully pried plate of mudcrabs or draugh, remove this with considerable skill.
- Freshwater

Other alternatives:
- Briar Heart - An englut bud from a briar tree, pushed into the chest of a Reachman which acts as a beating heart.

Arriving in Eastmarch with bounties in hand from the hunt in Winterhold, quick was Iona to make use of the alchemical ingredients from the beasts slain and gathered from the local resources, make-shift warpaints were made at Windhelm Mage's Guild as a few mages raised a brow towards the more primal techniques to use of potions. Prepared once again to return to The Rift ready to conquer and to support her comrades in the coming battles.

xe7c8no.png

Strengthen My Hide
This warpaint will tighten the flesh around the area its applied to, making it tough as tanned leather.

Agents and reagents
- Black Ice - Dark water Ice can be gathered from lakes
- Faint Glow Dust - The dwindling remains escaping from a slain wisp or wispmother of trifling power
- Hot Embers- Worked over by a blacksmith small piles of coal and wood. Handle with care as fire can rekindle.
- Freshwater

Clay - A faint turquoise in hue and grey in colour. Use Lazurite or dried leaves continuously boiled and strained for thickness.

Kissed by Fire
Disregard and reinforce your resistance to heat and flames in all forms.

Agents and reagents
- Cooling Slag - More than dirt, metal forging creates this valuable byproduct, mottled and crumbling with various mineral deposits.
- Bone Meal - Ground down bone not required for other needs into a dust-like meal.
- Ragged Skin - Coat of animal with a skin-like coat such as elk or deer. Remove with care.
- Freshwater

Clay - A mort ash in colour with slight speckles of pigmentations.
((Now open to ESO-RP to read. Hope you guys enjoy and will be updated regular))
Posted Feb 1, 18 · OP · Last edited Sat at 13:48
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+170
PC-NA
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
At the Hammer Hall, inside near the Alchemy crafting quarters was a rather neat display of small vials and jars with a variety of colours and scents which some may be more pleasing than others, was left on the table. Next to these was Iona's usual journal of curiosities is presented and a stray page on top which listed:

Springheel Hunter

Supplements your ability to move with the shadows whilst running much faster. Additionally can heighten your senses to other silent lurkers.

Agents and reagents:
- Mountain Flower - These grow in higher climes, where the air is thin but pure. Seen in tufts and bushes of light green stalks, and in a number of colours from orange, yellow, and red to a vibrant purple.
- Viper's Bugloss - It has a tall stem of fantastic blues and violets and is also found swaying by pathways, grass, and pasture land.
- Freshwater

For additional effect:

- Columbine - I had heard these beauties originate from Cyrodiil, these elegant flowers grow among lavender and slow shrub.

Clay and Lazurite for thickness - The colourations lean more towards midnight shades, however, Viper's Bugloss leaves the finishing application with a luminescent tinge.

ZA41elm.jpg
Brave & Wise

This warpaint over time returns quicker vigour, which is also the essence required to cast spells.

Agents and reagents:
- Guts - A collection of small intestines, stomach, liver, kidneys, and other offal from a game animal.
- Giants Toe - Take the biggest toe and ignore the rest. Keep the nail intact, no matter unpleasant warts, fungus, or other cleanliness issues.
- Warm Ashes - The ashes we require must be warm, but cool enough to be held in your hand.
- Freshwater

Clay - Murky ash or mahogany colour depending on the clay, nevermind the smell.
Posted Sat at 01:49 pm · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+170
PC-NA
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
Hundorian 's request

A small parcel should arrive to Hundorian along with a letter.
Spoiler: Letter to HundorianShow

Prior to this message, Iona's latest journal entry would be updated with the following scribbles

Since the Feast of the Undead I have been unsuccessful with requiring an Argonian to experiment on even the prospect of coin did not lure them. Alas, I do not seek to disappoint. I had heard rumours of Hundorians profound fascination with dirt, it is known and has always made his presence in Skyrim rather enjoyable at least. So I sought out some dirt, not any old soil but the old earth from the depths of Fallowstone Vaults and took a pinch of ash from the forge at Hammer Hall, together I mixed these ingredients with freshwaters of River Yorgrim to create a thick mud-like paste just smooth enough to apply and cling to the scales. I thought it would mean something to him. I just hope I can get myself another one of his feathers.

Dirt of the Companions

Agents and reagents:
- Fallowfire dirt - Required from the Fallowstone vaults, Riften.
- Ashes of Hammer Forge - Contact directly any Companion of the Hammer of Atmora for a pinch of these ashes.
- Freshwater
Posted Sun at 01:43 pm · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
NoticeNotices