• None
  • Light

[Emergent RP Plot] The Gems of Ninendava

3 replies
Sweetrolls:
+344
The Gems of Ninendava
Skyrim_ruby_zpsate88ytd.png

TL;DR: An emergent RP plot, focussed on individuals stumbling upon a long lost set of powerful gems possessing the power to persuade and influence others...at a great (yet unknown) cost. Although this will primarily be a EU Server endeavor lead by me, I am willing to to 'license' the concept to NA server people if they are interested in starting it up there. See contact details below for how to contact me!

You decide to visit the local market place and while passing the stalls filled with bread, fruit and other produce, you also stumble upon the stall of a local pawnbroker. His wares are exquisitely stacked but your eye falls upon a shiny sapphire, lodged in a worn and old piece of jewellery.

“Ah, good day. Your eye fell upon the sapphire? Perhaps you have a love, a friend you wish to gift it to?”

Several minutes later you walk home, studying the gem. Curses. You don’t like jewellery and you don’t even have a lover, but still you bought it. Those Pawnbrokers and their silver tongues. Urgh!

As you arrive home you sit down to inspect the gem on the ring, holding it close to a pair of candles. You make out a nearly illegible description on the ring in a tongue you can’t understand. Perhaps you’ll need to take it to the local scribe to see if she can decipher it? Oh well…at least it’s a nice ring to put on your ring-finger and as such, you do.

You proceed to make dinner for yourself but end up cutting at the top of your ring-finger while preparing some carrots. Owh! You look down and notice that a tiny bit of drop ended up on the sapphire. You bandage your finger..but wait..what is this?

As you look at the ring again, it has suddenly turned from a sapphire to a blood red ruby. What?! ...What magic is this? You feel rather scared now..what did you get yourself into? You sigh and look in a mirror after washing your face. You look powerful and strong, confident. And the ruby does have a nice look to it on your finger. Perhaps it’s time to make your mark on the world and leave this pitiful existence behind.

Spoiler: 1. What is the goal of this endeavour?Show
Spoiler: 2. How does this exactly work then then?Show
Spoiler: 3. What exactly is Ninendava and how is it connected to the recent appearance of these gems?Show
Spoiler: 4. How are the gems activated?Show
Spoiler: 4. What are the effects of the gems on others?Show
Spoiler: 5. What are the ‘rules’ when using one of the gems on other characters?Show
Spoiler: 6. What are the effects of binding a gem to the bearer of it?Show
Spoiler: 7. Can the bearer remove the jewellery with the gem from him/herself?Show
Spoiler: 8. Can the bearer remove the bond from the gem?Show
Spoiler: 9. Can I remove the gem from the jewellery?Show
Spoiler: 10. Can I destroy the gems?Show
Spoiler: 11. Do I know who else has a gem?Show
Spoiler: 12. How do these shared dreams work?Show
Spoiler: 13. Where can I find a gem?Show
Spoiler: 14. Isn’t this lore-breaking?Show
Spoiler: 15. This smells fishy. Is this a curse? Are there Daedra involved?Show
Spoiler: 16. Who will write this plot?Show
Spoiler: 17. Okay, I want to take part! How?Show

Once every month I will reply to this topic to give you a general update on the situation and to inform all participants what sort of ‘feeling’ the gem would give them. Rumours regarding the gems are of course free to be posted in any rumour mill section.
Posted Apr 6, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Art
Sweetrolls:
+1,036
Nice! Always like to see public plotlines taking place in Tamriel!
The Marukhati Selective did nothing wrong.

@Artiemes - The Grim | Sir Salazar Halt | Elothes Athelyn

Poetics | Provoking Fear | On Magic - An RP Guide for Using Magic
Posted Apr 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,667
This looks dope, wtb a trip to the EU.
Posted Apr 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Web Wizard
Sweetrolls:
+1,823
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Cyrodiil
Since this is an EU event series, I've moved it to the PC-EU Events subforum.
Posted Apr 6, 18 · Last edited Apr 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
NoticeNotices