• None
  • Light

Page
of 7

Cyrodiil Neutral Imperial Werebeast [Imperial] Belisarius Quintus Varro [the horse-lord]

64 replies
Sweetrolls:
+1,718
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Thank you for the insight and critiques. I value opinions and suggestions.

With that said, I believe a case can made be for a 23-year old who has seen at, a minimum, 7 years of military combat experience, assuming he enlisted at the age of 16. I believe 7 years can be enough seasoning to make a man formidable at his profession, given circumstances and being in the "prime of life."

I justify the young age with the character traits because I believe a man that were, say, 33, would not be so pious and fervent in his beliefs. More years in the military would naturally lend itself toward a more jaded, cynical, hardened character archetype, which I am not going for.

Furthermore, the assertion that age is a limiting factor in one's fighting expertise is, more a less, wrong. History is full of examples displaying young men (and "young" is a relative term to us soft modern-world people) who showed formidable skill in combat in spite of their age.

Flavius Julius Crispus, the son of Constantine the Great, assumed command of entire legions at the age of 19 and personally lead daring expeditions. Born in 305 and dead by 326, age was not a limiting factor on this man's ability to fight bravely or skillfully.

The great Hannibal Barca assumed command of the Carthaginian army at the age of 26.

Scipio Africanus was merely 17 when he lead the charge to rescue his father at the Battle of Ticinus (218 B.C.), and 24 when he assumed command and personally lead the army of Hispana.

Alexander the Great was merely 19 when he began his conquest of much of the known world, and personally lead cavalry charges at the age of 20. His age did not impede his ability to 1) fight formidably or 2) use tactics.

Am I saying my character is one of these men? No. What I am saying is that these traits are unique and not out of the realm of possibility. Above the average soldier? Yes.

For what it is worth, I removed the "skilled tactician" from the profile strengths.
Posted Feb 16, 14 · OP · Last edited Feb 16, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+217
As you said, all those people had some family on higher places. That's called:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepotism

And unless you're the son of Putin and grandson of Zeus... you wouldn't accomplish such a feat by yourself. (Being a roman/imperial legionar) In TESO all high ranks are quite old.

Good ol' Tullius.

9314-1-1329100391.jpg
I've no idea about what l am reading... but looks dat nord ass....mm...Rikke.

Legate Rikke is such a hot and fine lady, but she's not on her twenties for sure.

Rikke_Civil_War.png
I don't remember what the period is... Something related to besiegeing Solitude?

Commander Caius and his lack of hair dissaproves the ammount of ''prodigal children'' with high ranks on the Imperial Legion.

20120123051811!Commander_Caius.png
I'll drag you to the dungeons of Whiterun if you dissapoint the DC RP Community.
Posted Feb 16, 14 · Last edited Feb 16, 14
Sweetrolls:
+1,718
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
I don't really think Quaestor is a high rank comparable to Legate or Commander or any examples you put here. We're talking squad leader vs. general.
Posted Feb 16, 14 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+217
How many soldiers a squad has?
Posted Feb 16, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,718
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Our bottom four guild ranks:

"Auxiliary: A recruit, on probation until they can be trusted.

Legionary: The basic rank of all within the Cohort, Legionaries are the most versatile fighting rank, capable of being anything from heavy infantry to Battlemages.

Quaestor: A senior Legionary who assists a squad leader with discipline and organization.

Decanus: The leader of a squad, a Decanus is expected to have a grasp on the functionality of the legion and how it moves as a cohesive unit"

I'm assuming the Decanus will be the actual squadleader (of ten men, hence the 'deca') with the Quaestor actually serving in a support role, much like a corporal would support a sergeant.
Posted Feb 16, 14 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+217
I see it more like a Lance Corporal, since its a ''senior legionary'' I approve.
Posted Feb 16, 14
Sweetrolls:
+1,718
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Updated with photo and edited for formatting.
Posted Feb 18, 14 · OP · Last edited Feb 18, 14
Sweetrolls:
+1,718
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Updated with attributes.
Posted Feb 19, 14 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+1,718
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Updated profile picture.
Posted Feb 22, 14 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+601
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Skyrim
Dude, I totally forgot your character's last name is Varro.

We're related!
Mq2eWbW.png
Posted Feb 23, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 7
NoticeNotices