• Light

Page
of 15

Stormhaven RP [EU]

149 replies
Sweetrolls:
+140
Welcome to Stormhaven!

Stormhaven RP is an OOC guild for players who roleplay in Stormhaven, Daggerfall Covenant [EU]. Our guild forum you can find HERE. (Keep in mind the forum is entirely new and hasn't been polished with fancy design yet!)

The main purpose of this guild is to create an easy way for members come into the right phase when they go to roleplay in the area of Stormhaven - the “right phase” simply being the phase that others are already IC in. The guild will have a core of members that are regularly IC in the area, and one simply needs to use the “travel to player” function in order to end up in in the right phase.

With this, one does not have to be invited to RP, in order to get into the same phase as others who are also IC. You don’t have to join a party, or take part in some guild plot, or even communicate with the others in the guild OOC if you do not want to, but can still be a part of the IC world, as if we had an actual RP server. It is all a matter of using that “travel to player” function to end up in the right phase when you go IC, but once you are there, you are home free.

Example:
Elsa logs on, and wants to go IC in Wayrest. She goes into the guild chat and asks:
“Are there people already RPing in Wayrest? If there are, I need someone to travel to.”
Adam replies:
“I am already in the right phase, travel to me.”
Elsa uses the travel function, and thus ends up in the right phase. Done!

Or

Elsa and Adam goes to RP in Koeglin. Now and then they mention in guild chat:
“There are already people RPing in Koeglin. If you want to RP here as well, travel to me so you end up in the right phase.”
Erik, Madeline and Ceasar who were also planning on RPing in Koeglin, use the travel to function and comes to RP in the same phase as those already there. No need to even say they are coming if they don’t want to. Done!

Got it?

The secondary purpose of the guild is to encourage a stable and consistent RP community in the area, both IC and OOC. Eventually, the guild may be able to provide guidance for new RPers who wish for someone to show them the ropes, and players that have a hard time finding somewhere to start RPing may be offered help to get started. The guild will of course also aim to have a functioning guild shop.

Now for some questions, before I'll go over some guild guidelines/recommendations. :thumb:

Question time!

Who is welcome in this guild?
Anyone who roleplays in Stormhaven, or plans to do so. It does not matter what RP style you have, how often you are IC, how old you are, if you are active in guild chat, etc. The common ground is simply being a roleplayer who is or plans to be active in the area of Stormhaven, Daggerfall Covenant.

Are there any guild rules?
Members are expected to keep at least a minimum level of OOC decency in guild chat. Members may think whatever they want about anything, offensive or not, and there is no rule against foul language. But! Personal attacks and harassment, and downright offensive talk (for example coming with judgemental statements about RL gender, sexuality, or race) in guild chat, will be met by a warning from an officer. Three warnings, and you will be put on a silent rank, where you no longer can speak in guild chat.

I only plan to RP in Stormhaven for a shorter time, when my character is visiting. Can I join just temporarily?
You are more than welcome to join temporarily! Players are meant to easily be able to move in and out of this guild, and it is perfectly acceptable to join the guild for when you are ICly active in Stormhaven, leave when you are leaving the area, and come back another time when you are again moving into Stormhaven. Or you may stay in, even if you are only in the area now and then, that is up to you!

How do I join?
Leave a post here in the forum thread, or send a personal message to me, or simply ask someone you know to already be in to invite you. All members can invite.

I want to be a part of this as more than just a member, I should be an officer and help this guild be great!
Lovely. Send me a message and we’ll talk about it! (You find me in-game as @Fny, and here on enjin as Avelyn Laci)

Is roleplay outside of Stormhaven discouraged?
Oh dear no. It’s a great world out there to explore, and we in no way mean to force anyone to only RP in Stormhaven. But for those who DO roleplay in Stormhaven, this guild can be a great help.

I am already in a regular guild. Why should I be in this one as well?
Regardless of if you are in another guild or not, there is good reason to be phased together with other players as you go IC. And rather than every little guild ending up in its own phase, unable to see and interact with non-guildies, we want to encourage all roleplayers to travel to the same phase as the others who are also IC in the same area.

How about this already existing EU Roleplay Collective guild?
Oh that is a lovely guild, I am in it myself and don’t plan on leaving. I do however see great value in more localized guilds as well, and thus I created this Stormhaven guild. One does not mean to exclude the other!

Do you like me?
Personal preferences are irrelevant here, you are more than welcome into the guild regardless of anyone’s personal views about you! This isn’t a social clique, it’s a way to combat phasing and build a stable RP community in Stormhaven. :thumb:

Guild Guidelines

We want the guild chat to feel safe, so we can better focus on good enjoyable RP. Therefore, offensive comments regarding RL race, religion, sexuality etc are NOT welcome in guild chat. Nor are direct personal attacks. A member who repeatedly disregards this, despite warnings from a guild officer, will be put on a silent rank where one can no longer speak in guild chat. Once on the silent rank, the member may after a month ask to be given a new chance.

Advertising other guilds in our guild chat is allowed, under a few conditions:
- It should be relevant to RP in Stormhaven.
- Don't repeat it too often, we don't want it to clog up the guild chat.
- It is recommended that it relates to events or ongoing RP rather than being just a general guild add.
Spoiler: For exampleShow

3. All members are welcome to invite new members. But please only invite roleplayers!

4. Items put in the guild bank are considered UP FOR GRABS for anyone in the guild.

5. This last one is not a requirement in any way, it is only a recommendation. If you look at the guild roster, you can right click on your name and pick "edit note". If you, when you go to roleplay, put up a little note that reads "IC" by your name, it is easy to go into the guild roster and see who is roleplaying in what area. Which in turn helps to see who to travel to, in order to get into the same phase as other RPers. Practical little system, but completely voluntary of course. And PLEASE don't edit other people's notes without permission.
Posted Apr 28, 14 · OP · Last edited May 14, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1
Great initiative Laci, I am really looking forward to being part of it, seeing what great, random, fun and engaging RP will grow in Stormhaven!
Posted Apr 28, 14
Sweetrolls:
+217
Add me, @Krobelus

My khajiit will need it.
Posted Apr 28, 14
Sweetrolls:
+21
I've been eagerly anticipating something like this, awesome that someone finally made it happen! I'm not quite in Stormhaven yet (though I've checked it out a bit) but I'm really looking forward to getting there. Add me, @Aredhan.
Aredhan the Bloodstained - First Rider of the Sacred Oath
Posted Apr 28, 14
Sweetrolls:
+74
Awesome idea, Avelyn! One I was thinking of suggesting myself - that or a roleplaying guild for all of the Daggerfall Covenant. I'll poke you about an invite sometime soon ^^

Also, I feel it's important to mention that people with characters that aren't high enough level to go to Stormhaven yet shouldn't feel discouraged. As long as the RP is happening somewhere without mobs, all you have to do is right-click another member, click Travel to Player, and you'll get planted smack down at the nearest Wayshrine :d
Posted Apr 28, 14
Sweetrolls:
+140
Very good point there Kref!

And thank you who have already joined! Let's get more people in here, remember that all members can invite others! The goal would be having all Stormhaven roleplayers in this guild in order to minimize the risk of having some poor roleplayer ending up in a lonely phase when us others are elsewhere!
Posted Apr 29, 14 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+31
Aight toss me an invite whenever girl! Akwete hasen't left Stormhaven so it's perfect.
Posted Apr 29, 14
Sweetrolls:
Heyo, @Mattwill94 I would appreciate an invite if it wasn't too much bother. ;) <3
EU Server- The Datura Company Warden -
www.thedaturacompany.com
3n6t.png
Posted Apr 29, 14
Sweetrolls:
Greetings and saultations, I would also very much like a invitation to your fine establishment. Of sorts.
@ElderFailure.
Cheers.
EU server - The Datura Company Warden -
www.thedaturacompany.com
xvdc.png
Posted Apr 29, 14
Sweetrolls:
+140
Invites sent out!
Posted Apr 29, 14 · OP
Page
of 15