• None
  • Light

Page
of 8

[EU] IC Rumor Mill

74 replies
Sweetrolls:
+2,460
Hey guys, I shamelessly stole everything here from Adwin Darkstride's NA IC Rumor Mill thread. I'll be taking rumors from this thread and including them in my Rumors of Tamriel show as well. :)

This is the IC Rumor Mill for the [EU] Megaserver. This is where RPers can post in-character rumors that might be heard in Tamriel. Please include a location, so folks know where they would and wouldn't hear the rumor.

Color Code
As suggested by Thrusk gro-Bogroth. Thanks!
Please post your rumor in the color of your alliance. If neutral, standard text color is fine:

Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Aldmeri Dominion

I would like to give the general guideline that you should post only about your own characters unless you have the permission of another player to be posting a rumor about their character. Use common sense and please be respectful!

Thanks!
Posted Jul 10, 14 · OP · Last edited Jul 10, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,157
Yes! Thank you so much! Thank you thank you thank you.

I will come up with some things for my characters and post them - they may not be current things, but rumours from the past that may still be uttered or something.

Will write over this with them when I stop being lazy and actually get around to doing it.
Posted Jul 10, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,567
Spared a Coin
PC-EU
Ebonheart Pact
Morrowind
There is a small rumor going on in Eastmarch, where a Nord and a Dunmer seemed to be chasing one another naked around. Both of them seemed to be Men as well, which have stired us some recent discussions about what's acceptable to do in public and what's not.
jHwBnFM.gif
Posted Jul 10, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,460
Ka-bump!
Posted Jul 18, 14 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+1,157
I'll let the people of Children of Auri-El and EU Roleplay Collective know about this thread to encourage them to post. Don't give up on us, but roleplay is rather quiet on the EU Megaserver at the moment. Maybe a monthly video instead of weekly for us here might be more suitable?
Posted Jul 18, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,460
Hmm, possibly. I'm hoping that if the EU RPers see at least a few rumors every week they'll be encouraged to post more! We'll see how it goes the next couple weeks and maybe then I'll switch to a monthly video. The next video won't be up until tomorrow so you guys have some time to post :d
Posted Jul 18, 14 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+74
"Recent disturbances rooted in social distrust between the rich and poor of Wayrest have resulted in a toxic atmosphere between the unfortunate residents of Dreughside and the soldiers of the North Gate Watch. Indeed, there's cause to believe either an uprising or a crackdown is on the horizon."
Posted Jul 18, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+123
PC-EU
Daggerfall Covenant
Rumour has it the beggarwoman known as "Charley" has not been seen at her usual sites lately, (mainly the fountain in the market and the one outside the Cloudy Dregs). Could some ill have befallen her?

Also, the khajiit chef Tazita has been heard making inquiries into hiring guards to accompany her from Wayrest to Daggerfall.
6bd5d1d02920b272.png
Posted Jul 19, 14 · Last edited Jul 19, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,015
Authorities in Skywatch have received complaints from the patrons of the Skies' edge tavern. Witness testimonies all seem to agree that the pestering individual who stands outside the gate offering free backrubs to all who pass by, is in fact mer. But descriptions also vary from a 'really ugly girl' to a 'A rather small adult male.' The elf is suspected of pickpocketing, larceny, and public indecency. As nearly all 'customers' have reported foul play, and terrible massages.
2410625.jpg
Posted Jul 19, 14 · Last edited Jul 19, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+123
PC-EU
Daggerfall Covenant
"Did you hear about that magic show gone wrong outside the Cloudy Dregs? I heard three people got burned to death!"
"Get away with you!"
"No, it's true! There was a huge fireball I heard, almost burned the whole crowd! I tell you, it was lucky only three died, uhuh! Uhuh!"
"Tsk tsk, shocking I tell you! But how's young George doing after that fall off his horse? Is his collarbone mending well?"

"Did you hear about that poor lady burned to death outside the Cloudy Dregs? It was cold-blooded murder it was! Some fellow set her on fire. But the Watch got him. Reckon they'll string him up. I'm going to buy a piece of the rope they hang him with. That'll bring me luck that will. I could do with some luck, lost my job yesterday, and it weren't even my fault, I mean those girls are so lazy they just can't even see when..." (voices fade into the distance).

"Is it true? Did they try to burn down the Cloudy Dregs? I got told a few people were hurt trying to save someone while the Watch just stood around and did nothing. I heard it was an upset mage shooting fireballs did it. I wonder why the mage was so angry? Have they been watering down the ale at the Dregs? What's the world coming to eh? And what's the mage's guild doing about it?"
Posted Jul 28, 14 · Last edited Jul 28, 14
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 8
NoticeNotices