Page
of 8

[EU] IC Rumor Mill

74 replies
Sweetrolls:
+123
PC-EU
Daggerfall Covenant
The khajiit chef Tazita has been seen in Mournhold asking around for guards-for-hire for an upcoming caravan. Interested parties should present themselves at the Flaming Nix tavern for an interview.

((OOC; Tazita will be in Mournhold on the first floor of the Flaming Nix from Friday to Sunday evening from around 7pm BST/8pm CET. If the evening time doesn't suit you, please send Garish a message on the forums or tell @Garish ingame so we can set up a meeting at another time.))
Posted Mar 12, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+19
*Rumour* Rumous have it that a man dressed in black, wearing a tabard marked with Stendarrs white flame, roams the swamps of aldcroft, it is said he enforces the rule of law, and brings judgement upon the damned, whom wanders the swamps. He usually fancies a burning fire in the midst of town gazing up into the rain, before embarking on a patrol around the swamp. Perhaps this knight is hunting for something? Beggars lets any traveler know, that the knight is looking for others, whom also serve the eight, and who would see daedra's forever banish from our plane of existance.
Posted Mar 17, 15
Sweetrolls:
+18

Amongst the whispers of the trees a new rumour spreads our from Woodhearth, some even attribute the words to the Treethane himself!

'Today a murder happened in the village.

He fell from the high walkway, no doubt partly due to the knife wound in his abdomen.
The unfortunate Altmer was a member of the Thalmor. His name was Calen Lorethean and he was visiting Woodhearth, together with his Bosmer servant girl, Fillbagill Duskwood.

After he fell and villagers gathered around him in shock, the calmly astute warden Ragnor quickly checked the area from which he fell. He found the servant girl in a room overlooking the scene. Splatters of blood were present on her clothing and she was detained.

The girl had earlier been seen talking to another Bosmer named Iskaroth. He was noticed looking toward the body before running away. When he was caught it was clear that Fillbagill & Iskaroth knew each other. They also seemed to have something to hide. They huddled together protesting their innocence & claiming the blood was from a rabbit that Fillbagill had been preparing for her masters meal.

Thalmor officers Indaril Aethius & Soritar began to question others, including an Altmer nobleman named Naeldur Direnni. He informed them he was simply passing through the village and did not know the victim. For a while it seemed the Bosmer servant was guilty, her fate sealed. However Indaril & Soritar grew suspicious of the Nobleman, who seemed very keen to leave. As he passed by the servant girl they were surprised when she addressed him by name, revealing that he had previously visited the victim. It seemed he had lied about not knowing him. Further searching found the murder weapon & suspicion fell to him.

I stood, enjoying my pipe in the cool evening breeze & watched as the two Bosmer slipped away while the attention was directed toward the nobleman.

Fillbagill's voice was hushed as she spoke to Iskaroth “You were right” said she “I’m glad I passed you that information now. I wasn’t sure before but now I am. No more waiting on Altmer for me, I shall join the Blacksap too!! ” .

It seems the Altmer ability to make friends and influence people have been to the benefit of someone else this day. Y'ffre guide them.'
Posted Apr 4, 15 · Last edited Apr 4, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+86
Spared a Coin
Rumours are currently floating around the rift that the Golden Flame are harbouring Breton spies.
Join the EU Dominion!, because it is your duty.
Posted Apr 21, 15
Sweetrolls:
+123
PC-EU
Daggerfall Covenant
Much coming and going has been seen between Wayrest and the at-Tura Estate where Count Hosni resides. Though preparations for the coming Jester's Day costume party were temporarily halted when a group of cultists took over the count's private docks. Witnesses reported a group of orcs in company of a lady in a red dress, a bosmer in mages guild robes and a man in Imperial armour sweeping the docks clean of this plague and allowing the party arrangements to continue. When asked about her involvement in this action, Lady la Renarde merely smiled enigmatically and shook her head, saying, "I really cannot comment on the Count's private matters. I can only express my pleasure that the costume party will continue as agreed upon with the Count. I do hope to see you there as well. Everyone is invited you know! And don't forget to wear a costume, you might even win a prize!"
6bd5d1d02920b272.png
Posted Apr 27, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Discord Wrangler
Sweetrolls:
+588
PC-NA
PC-EU
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
"Pubulius my dear fellow, perchance have you heard the rumors?"
"Nay Quintus, pray, do tell?"
" 'Twould seem that a number of refugees and fleeing noblemen from our dear distraught homeland have became stranded and beset at from all sides somewhere in those dastardly rough Colovian Highlands."
"How dire! I wouldn't be seen dead in Colovia!"
"Ha ha ha! Oh Pubulius, your rapier wit never ceases to amuse me."
"But I just my friend , let us hope someone saves the wretches ."
"Aye, aye. Now where were we? Ah yes! Servant boy! Some more wine and olives! Chop chop!"
tumblr_nwac0vf7HV1uz7m2so1_500.png
Posted Jun 25, 15
Sweetrolls:
+123
PC-EU
Daggerfall Covenant
Rumours fly through Wayrest and the rest of Stormhaven. A gathering where tales will be told, songs will be sung, poems will be poemed, riddles will be riddled! Are you interested in listening to stories from all over Tamriel then you are welcomed, nay, entreated to come to the Sleepy Sailor Inn in Koeglin Village on Morndas the 18th of Morning Star starting at eight bells in the evening. If you are interested in sharing something of your own, contact Tazita at the Cloudy Dregs in Wayrest.
6bd5d1d02920b272.png
Posted Jan 11, 16
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,567
Spared a Coin
PC-EU
Ebonheart Pact
Morrowind
Rumors are growing quickly through the lands of the Ebonheart Pact.

A mystical, horrible terrifying creation was found in the ruins of an old daedric temple in the eastern morrowind.
The creation was described as a tree of the living, someone have allegedly slaughtered several hundred people, all of different races and ages, and sewed them all together to resemble the appaerence of a tree.

Even more disturbing, some claims that a single woman without arms and legs, yet bound to it, were capable of speech, and singing no less.

The rumors even claims that the tree is still standing, visible to all those that dare roam the foul dreaded halls of the ruins.
treepainting_zpsn33xwp8v.png
Thanks to Ion for the beautiful artwork for the event.
jHwBnFM.gif
Posted Jan 11, 16
Sweetrolls:
+1,157
GNftBvg.png

As the early hours of dawn broke over Wayrest, illuminating the cool, misty streets the usual sounds of morning-life were eerily silent. Except... for the screams in the district of the Cathedral to the Eight Divines.

A corpse was hung over the threshold of the Cathedral, dangling from red silk that looked too much like entrails. The corpse is wrapped within a ribbon of a banner, clearly depicting the sigil of the Order of the Black Worm. Was fear to strike into the hearts of Wayrest, once more? The screaming Priests of Arkay seemed to think so, yelling of blasphemy and wickedness. The corpse was not whole, and a gruesome sight:

The chest had been opened, leaving a cavity where ribs, organs and muscle could be seen. One Priestess fainted. The heart itself was decayed, tainted and - according to terrified whispers - pulsed with a dark and violet energy. It was corrupted and shriveled.

Had the Order really returned? Or was it a gruesome joke? Magical investigations revealed few results of the culprit of the murder and the defacing of the blessed building. Wayrest guards that usually patrolled the area said they had seen nothing all night, no shadowy figures lurking around and the graveyard had been completely still.

A mystery.

*To add to this, Priests have confirmed the identity of the corpse: it is a revered Priest of Arkay that had gone missing nearly nine months ago.

Posted Jun 26, 16
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
Morndas, 24th of Frostfall: Two new notes are posted on the board in Anvil.

The first one calls out for hunters who are willing and able to dispose of the wolves in the perimeter of the city. Recently they have been encountered too frequently and too close to the city walls and thus been deemed a threat to Anvil’s citizens. Each delivered intact wolf pelt is paid above average to incent a quick solution of the problem.

The second note describes a missing local. He was last seen in the Mudcrab and Suds and the last patron leaving the inn in the early morning of Sundas. Nobody saw him ever since; he never returned home to his waiting wife and children. After thorough inspection of the area between his residence and the public house no traces of a crime or animal attack were found.

Further information:
On asking around in the city, the wolves are described as calm and curious, but not yet hostile to men or mer. Some pets, especially housecats, have gone missing, though.

The missing person is a known guzzler who, when drunk, openly regretted being married. If the keeper of the inn he vanished from is asked directly; he will comment the missing one's condition on that morning as “pissed as a newt” but also swears that the drunkard was still able to get home on his own, “like every weekend”.
Posted Oct 23, 16
Page
of 8
NoticeNotices