• None
  • Light

Page
of 10

[NA/DC] The Illiac Bay Thieves Guild

96 replies
Sweetrolls:
+51
Hey y'all! I looked through the thread and this seems like something right up my alley. I can't always be online or attend weekly events, but when I can - I'd love to partake. Nudge me in game: @envoii , or on Discord: kaino#1837 - I'd like to talk more with you about joining up. (My character profile is in my signature!)
Posted Feb 1, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+24
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
High Rock
I'm very much interested in joining. I'm @Hanged_Man in-game and would love to chat with a guild representative!
Ravaillac ⚔ the Hanged Man

TESO Handle: @Hanged_Man

26.jpg
Posted Feb 2, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1
Now THIS has my attention. Definitely interested in membership myself.
Posted Feb 19, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+366
Hey all, its been a while since I posted anything about the guild as of late. I'll have you know that we managed to recruit lots of new faces and I want to thank everyone who joined. I'm certain that we will create many good stories together. From here on, the guild will be placed in a LIMITED state of recruitment, meaning that we will not be as frequently advertising for the guild, those who are still interested are still welcome to join, so long as they reach out and express interest. Beyond that, I wish you all well.

fvDBpyu.jpg
Infiltrating a castle estate in Evermore, the guild, with new members Silidra and Salvius, alongside Garrett, managed to break in by masquerading as castle servants. After tending to the owners' sickly son upstairs with his illness, the trio began to pilfer the master bedroom before making their quiet escape after the party started to die down.

bckD14D.jpg
A few days later, the guild welcomed a trio of newcomers into their ranks who join them at the Evermore refuge, now coined the nickname of "The Falls". (from left to right) Galeon, a Bosmer with decade of experience. Dari, a Khajiit fence with experience in hustling hot goods. And Isa, an Imperial refugee turned urchin. Together, they would be initiated into the guild.

SjMtd7F.jpg
Together, they would visit the city marketplace and successfully pick someone's pocket. After returning to The Falls, the hot goods were fenced off and the three new members became fully initiated.

jlqJ0Nb.jpg
A new member also joined the guild in the form of a masked Orc woman named Bugdm, though Garrett tends to call her "Buggy" or "Owl Face" because of the mask.

Hf0dfP5.jpg
Feeling a bit cocky since their successful heist robbing the Clemont Estate during a party for the lady's 30th birthday, the guild proceeded to rob a bank in Evermore. After scaling a rock face behind the bank and breaking in from the second story window, the guild then proceeds to rob the bank clean of its valuables. Although Buggy commented about "breathing gold" and that the precious metal needed air to breathe. The guild despite cringing at such an ignorant comment, continued its mission and managed to escape in the dead of night. However, the guard, after hearing of the robbery from the now robbed bank, have began to search every nook and cranny of the city in search of the culprits.

sPuqNkf.jpg
Hearing the news, the guild retreats to The Pit in Wayrest and begins to relax. Salvius confesses that he was almost arrested by the guards, but managed to get away after bullshitting his way out of the situation. Garrett meanwhile proposes the idea of combat training tonight as they all were drinking around the bar.

2WRmr08.jpg
The combat training went smoothly. Using Salvius to play the role of the guard, he pits Galeon and Buggy to face off against the Imperial. Both tested their luck, and while Galeon failed to take down Salvius, Buggy managed to do so with the help of luck and the right footing.
Posted Feb 28, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+4,954
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Hew's Bane
High Rock
Nice! Looks like you're all having fun! I'll have to "drop in" one of these days!
enjin-1158862-9638302-blue.png
Posted Mar 1, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+10
My character is interested in joining - @wolfsong86
Posted Mar 7, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+366
VgqlEOJ.jpg
Continuing their training, Yllawen learned more of elementary shadow magic from Delech, most notably the art of the teleport strike: the ability to utilize the shadows to teleport yourself within the blink of an eye. After seeing Yllawen complete it with relative ease, Delech was pleased with her progress and congratulated her.

MyUSu0r.jpg
Confronting the guild over their recent heist on the Evermore bank, Primate Angeline Chabert was interrupted from her studies of the "Dibellan Mysteries" with news of the heist and confronts the guild for their actions.

46d9xRD.jpg
Meanwhile in Sentinel, Assur detailed to the guild about a certain proposal for them. The Sugary Moons cartel has been harassing his caravans transporting gemstones from his personal mine, which his family had owned for generations. He asks the guild to investigate the cartel's patterns of raiding his caravans, and he recalls that some of the cartel thugs hang out at the Frozen Palms, a popular tavern in downtown.

qi00YuU.jpg
Jabohan, a Cathay-Raht warrior, and five other of his friends confront the guild outside the tavern. The Khajiit explains why exactly the cartel is harassing Assur's gemstone caravans. It was in retaliation to his abuses against his Khajiiti workers! Many of Assur's laborers in the mines were Khajiit refuges fleeing from the Khahaten flu decades ago.

hhkrFBD.jpg
The next day, the guild, as well as some friends of guildmembers decide to see the accusations of cruelty for themselves. Garrett leads the guild to the location of Assur's mine, the Sapphire Safyya mines, located to the far southeast of the Alik'r.

0iHxtto.jpg
After riding across the dunes of the Alik'r for most of the evening, the guild finds Assur's mine completely abandoned. Scouting around, they find no one standing outside save for them and a duneripper about a hundred yards away. Garrett would be the first to peer inside and letting everyone else in, he begins to overhear a terrifying screams of pain and agony as the workers were butchered.

SoNyYR6.jpg
The guild had stepped into the scene of a massacre! The deeper they traversed into the mine, the more corpses they find. Khajjit and some Redguard bodies begin to line up, almost all of them have deep laceration wounds found between the head and shoulders. Some wounds along the gut, and even some arms were amputated. They managed to rescue one, just one of the workers with a nasty wound in his gut. He confirms to them that Assur was indeed a cruel master, but the attack was not his own. He is unsure who they are beyond their attire, which resembled Alik'r warriors. Meanwhile, the survivor also confirmed that skooma was being sold to the workers as an escapism. However, the most recent shipment of skooma smuggled resulted with the laborers going into a mass frenzy and began to fight one another. By the time the warriors arrived, no one put much in resistance.

YXWIAbe.jpg
Traveling deeper into tthe mines, they discover the thugs, dressed in Alik'r garbs, but the truth was most strange. They were instead Cathay-Raht Khajiit, dressed as Alik'r mercenaries to trick the laborers as they proceeded to butcher them mercilessly with cleavers. One of the Cathay-Raht, Pajooti-do, offered the guild an ultimatum: to leave the mines, or die with the others. Shocked and demoralized by the barbarism shown between the cartel and from Assur, the guild turned around and left. However, not without Salvius stealing some gemstones along the way. As the guild, with their rescued survivor of the massacre, left and saddled their horses, they heard a faint explosion inside the mines, likely destroying it with everyone inside perished.

Regardless, this has now forced the guild into a moral dilemma. Do they continue to support Assur, despite his cruelty, or should they burn all the bridges with him?

HxnXnNu.jpg
The next day, Garrett arranged a meeting with Assur inside the Sisters of the Sands in Sentinel at an isolated lounge. While Garrett searched around town in search for potential candidates to possibly replace Yllawen and the other guildmembers confront Assur at the lounge. Hot words and insults were exchanged between Yllawen and Assur, further damaging the already shaky relationship the guild has with him. Reuniting in The Oasis, Yllawen confessed that the Primate of all people was easier to talk to than Assur. The others seem to conclude that Assur was increasingly becoming more of a risk and would create a war between him, the Sugary Moons, and the guild, and thus was the safest option to be fully rid of him. Garrett meanwhile found some candidates to consider replacing Assur with, including a former member of the guild.
Posted 16 hours ago
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 10
NoticeNotices