• None
  • Light

Page
of 9

[NA/DC] The Illiac Bay Thieves Guild

88 replies
Sweetrolls:
+347
Hello there, Tamriel! It's been a while since you've heard form us, so I'm gonna throw some updates from the guild and all the recent happenings. We've been busy with wrapping up our first major campaign, The Tradesmen's Triumvirate, a year-long endeavor which is now as of last night, finished! So anyhow, here's some screenshots highlighting recent developments in the guild's story thus far.

aUeQP7D.jpg
Returning to the guild's hideout in the Daggerfall sewers, Angeline Chabert proposed to them a heist. The guild would send be sending a message by breaking into the castle of the Iron Knights outside Wayrest, stealing the valuables of the newly appointed commander, and to remove the influence Daniel Jemelie had over the knights. She with the help of Garrett and the others within the guild planned out the heist with maps, sources, and all mostly provided by the former Primate. The next day, the guild gathered their crew for the heist itself. Smuggling inside a hail-filled cart, the guild sneaked around the castle and scaled up to the second floor window while Angeline distracted the guards by challenging Jemelie's puppet commander.

WqDvjmA.jpg
Entering the dungeons below, Yllawen would negate the magic of the crystal. However, such negation forced the crystal to compromise, opening a portal where a Lurker, a creature of Hermaeus Mora's realm of Apocrapha, to emerge. Garrett, Yllawen, and Garth would battle the creature, with Axios and Jaek joining later on. Together, they would successfully kill the creature. And with its death, the crystal is destroyed and Jemelie's influence over the Knights of Iron is broken. Returning with their take from the heist and leaving a satisfied Angeline Chabert to her business of honoring her end of the bargain, the guild returns to Daggerfall to regroup and heal from their fight with the Lurker. Impressed with the efforts and contributions made by both Axios and Kalistra, the guildmaster would promote them both to the rank of footpad.

FUEH4t4.jpg
Although there were some major setbacks, the guild had successfully managed to retake The Pit, scaring off the gang of would-be mercenary assassins hired by the Merchants Guild. Rumors of werewolves ransacking the sewers spread like wildfire in Wayrest, but it doesn't matter for us. The guild has its proper home back, and we successfully scared those merc so bad they pissed their pants running topside with their tails between their legs. Vara and her apprentice Llorayni are gone (although not dead).

t0SLEJ3.jpg
After which, the guild meets with an old ally, a merchant from the Imperial Isle by the name of Rexus Umbranox, Mivryna's father. He hopes that with the help of the guild and also with the Primate Angeline Chabert, they canuse the evidence the guild had gather against Daniel Jemelie, accuse him of daedric influence, which will more or less ruin him, given High Rock's recent history with daedric cults. The guild will then, as insurance, make sure that Jemelie will find no other friends or allies to lean on to, and no chance in Oblivion to come back from the ashes crawling and desiring for revenge.

Spoiler: The Trademen's Triumvirate: FinaleShow

With all that said, the guild is now taking a phase of relaxation as we begin to grow and reform, including the much needed reforms to our dice system, reaching out to other RP guilds both new and old for future cross-guild events, recruiting new folks interested in joining our adventures, and much more. And so, I would gladly announce that the current state of recruitment in the guild is currently OPEN!
Posted Jul 16, 18 · Last edited Jul 16, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+347
After spending several days, weeks, and even months hearing the suggestions of our fellow guildmates, I would like to present to you all the new and improved and overhauled dice system for the Illiac Bay Thieves Guild! I hope that you all, the reader, do have the time to read through, analyze, and offer me whatever feedback or love that you might have with it. Beyond that, recruitment still remains OPEN so if you're ever in the lookout for a criminal RP guild located in High Rock and Hammerfell, come on down and pay us a visit!

https://thieves-guild.enjin.com/forum/m/40197831/viewthread/32179752-dice-system/post/136032730#p136032730
Posted Aug 20, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+347
By the Divines, its been a long while since I touched this thread. We here in the guild have been doing our thing, robbing and the such, and keeping a low profile. We managed to recruit some new faces and we're STILL OPEN for anyone interested. We'll likely keep an open recruitment stance for the remainder of the autumn season.

8ZacFoh.jpg
The guild attempted to enter the moon sugar trade with an attempt to sell off some fine quality moon sugar to a dealer, a wealthier Redguard merchant by the name of Ahmaj. nfortunately, attempting to exploit their naivety, he had his guards try and sack them for the moon sugar. Thankfully, the guild overcame after a large fight above the bar and intimidated Ahmaj to drop the shipment and leave them alone. Whether or not he or his superiors will retaliate is yet to be seen...

3uPnjWo.jpg
Having lost one of his relics at inventory, Wrogar gro-Mug requested some of the guildmembers to recover the artifact, a ceremonial Redguard dagger made from gold. They arrived after much discussion and rumor of a newly established hideout in the city of Sentinel. Dubbed "The Oasis", a Redguard woman by the name of Atmika claimed some old Yokudan ruins, likely from a cistern centuries ago, now abandoned. After asking around, they managed to find one of the working fences who described a Dunmer woman fencing off the artifact to them. At the time, they were oblivious to the fact it had belonged to a friend of the guild (that being Wrogar), but they cooperated and returned the artifact once Wrogar arrived.

R3BsQfu.jpg
The guild recently pulled off a heist where they would steal a merchant ship right from the Sentinel docks! The heist, which was directed by Wrogar, allowed the rising prowler Yllawen, a half-Breton Bosmer sorceress with a taste for fashion, to lead the operation. Here, they laid out the plan before going in to take the ship, filled with all sorts of luxury cargo including silks, spices, carpets, gold, and gemstones.

sSZHvqF.jpg
The guild catches eye on their prize, the merchant ship called the Emerald Ibis.

tMt0LSa.jpg
After sneaking in without the captain present, they managed to bribe the sailors to abandon their captain and sail off without him. By daybreak, they would be well beyond the port of Sentinel, a minor dust cloud rolling in as the last reminder of the Redguard city. They would land the ship on the shores of Glenumbra north of Daggerfall. There, the crew would unload its cargo. Wrogar would return to Daggerfall via ferry. Seeing the ship beached, as well as the more illicit cargo of three-hundred pounds of refined moon sugar and skooma, Wrogar ordered the ship to be burned down, not wanting to leave any evidence behind, but a massive smoke cloud rose above that day, which prompted the city guard to stay alert and invesitgate on the matter, but the only answer they received was "Pirates."
Posted Oct 27, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Art
Sweetrolls:
+1,996
I just want to say that this is one of the most consistently high quality guilds out there that I've seen. I haven't even gotten the chance to RP with you guys, and even I can see how much effort goes into your plots. Fuckin' bravo, you guys.
Art#1228 - Ra Akam at-Arridi (main)

That doesn't sound right, but I don't know enough about vampiric dragon priest lycanthropes to dispute it.

Alleyway (public) | Redguard Culture Guide | An RP Guide for Magic | The Grimoire
Posted Oct 27, 18 · Last edited Oct 27, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+347
wrote:
I just want to say that this is one of the most consistently high quality guilds out there that I've seen. I haven't even gotten the chance to RP with you guys, and even I can see how much effort goes into your plots. Fuckin' bravo, you guys.
Literally just made my day. Thank you so much. And if you ever want to RP with us, don't be scared to give me a holler. I'm sure we can brew something up together.

EDIT: I forgot to add important contact information. If you are reading this, and are interested in joining the Illiac Bay Thieves Guild and want in on our adventures in the criminal underworld, do message me here on Enjin, or in-game (@theS4RG), or on Discord (theS4RG#6072)
Posted Oct 27, 18 · Last edited Oct 28, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+347
GOOD EVENING, TAMRIEL!!!!

I hope you all had a good Holiday, a Merry Christmas, and a happy New Year to look forward to. Before 2019 begins, I'll be dropping one more update for the year and for what is there to look forward to.

Kb3nw0T.jpg
After giving the order to burn down the Emerald Ibis, the guild berated him for his decision, complaining that it might have attracted the guard's attention. Despite his efforts of persuading the others, he had no luck in changing their minds. The Khajiit Nashajirr proposed a short-term solution, the guild would go on a business trip. They would visit other locations in Tamriel and conduct business to expand thier presence and list of contacts. Wrogar reluctantly agreed.

Xcv5vWi.jpg
Wrogar was also very much disappointed in himself for his show of failure. But then again, if it weren't for the guild, the Old Orc would have been bankrupt and he might as well be wandering the streets homeless.

eQH03vQ.jpg
Their first visit was to Vvardenfell where the guild, led by Nashajrr and Yllawen, picked up Garrett who was visiting friends there for old time's sake. The two seemed reluctant at first, especially remembering the prolonged visit to Vvardenfell last year. Garret agreed, knowing that he did let the guild down at times and was willing to make amends for his past failings.

fmYmcgV.jpg
Most disappointed was Yllawen who saw the guildmaster as sort of an older brother... a bachelor older brother whom she constantly teased around. The young Bosmer complained about his prolonged absence from the guild, which Garrett then explained his detail a feeling of loneliness and depression that he had. Hearing his story, Yllawen felt sympathy in the stead of anger. The two would walk together and converse some more while Nashajirr rendezvous with the others in Vivec City.

4VB64dH.jpg
Approaching Windhelm and on the roads to Riften, on which they heard of a guild active there, they stopped by an inn and rob from its owner. However, a band of brigands, worried about unpaid debt, laid siege to the inn. Garrett, Nashajirr, Yllawen, and Moirwen narrowly escaped with the help of Yllawen's magic.

jRkaiYF.jpg
Escaping the clutches of the brigands with Garrett talking his way out of them, the guild sets up camp near the hot springs of Eastmarch before heading further south to Riften.

AArTBzv.jpg
In private, Yllawen and Garrett talked some more about the young Bosmer's plans for a heist: to steal from her aunt out of spite for her. However, this requires her to masquerade as a Breton woman of noble birth, and she does not have the knowledge to work on such spells. Garrett however, does know someone who can teach in. In the highlands of Craglorn, Garrett recalled a hermit wandering its ridged peaks. A Reachman by the name of Delech, sometimes giving the title Shadowstrider due to his rumored knowledge in shadow magic, which the Breton confirmed. Garrett however remained cynical to Yllawen's plan, citing the fatal flaw of her aunt being smart enough to recognize her in the illusion, or quite possibly still, the knowledge that Yllawen's Breton father never had a Breton daughter to begin with. Outraged, Yllawen stormed off crying.

HD2bIMd.jpg
Meanwhile at The Oasis, Wrogar was seeing to faces both old and new. Here, Yllawen returned, hoping to learn more about Delech and his knowledge in shadow magic. Niniva Aerovine, a Dark Elf tomboy who was a member earlier in its olden days has returned (and with less hair than before), as well as a newcomer named Korfinerr.

nHpKm0t.jpg
The trio of rogues as part of Korf's initiation were tasked to "persuade" a dealer in gemstones, a Redguard by the name of Assur at-Banipal, to cooperate with the guild. Outraged at first, he threatened to use violence in seeing the thieves out, but after a long talk of reassurance and protection, Assur begrudgingly agreed, and offered his regards to Wrogar.

AtJdAmJ.jpg
Garrett and the others then found the refuge in Riften, now empty save for the Reachman tenants who were tolerant at best of their presence, Garrett began to call the refuge "The Rat's Way" due to the large presence of rats scurrying around the city sewers and catacombs.

uvCUgtp.jpg
While settling down as new tenants, Garrett approached a lone Bosmer, a wandering thief by the name of Silidra. Impressed by her handiwork in picking pockets, Garrett welcomed her into the guild.

lK8YDBN.jpg
In Belkarth, Yllawen, with Niniva serving as both a guide and bodyguard, were on the search for the mysterious Delech. After finding a mysterious and lonely mage sipping on wine at the inn who tipped them of the Shadowstrider's location in the northern highlands, the two began their search for the Reachman. However, they were soon to be the ones being watched as Delech shocked them with mimicking howls of werewolves before sneaking up from behind and smacking them both in the backs of their heads Amused, the Reachman backed off and began to laugh and dance triumphantly. After much long conversation and introductions (with Deleching showing off his skills as he revealed to the two that he was the mysterious mage who tipped them earlier in Belkarth), the Reachman offered Yllawen the opprotunity to learn from him, but under one condition. Seeing her right through as pampered, Delech requested that she were to roll around in the mud next to the lake and begin to make piggy noises. Niniva saw the man as utterly insane. Yllawen, desperate for a tutor, agreed begrudgingly, rolling around in the mud in lazily impersonated the oinking of a pig.

jGis0vV.jpg
Now in the safety of Delech's cave, Yllawen begins to learn the basics of shadow magic's theories with the Reachman. He continues on with his jests and his pet dog keeping watch from time to time, but the young Bosmer has grown committed to her studies and has learned a lot so far.

3vsh3ky.jpg
Hold up in The Rat's Way for the New Life, Garrett was largely bored and lonely when one of the newer initiates showed up to greet him. Hearing word of the Riften guard picking up interest in the happenings down below, Garrett came to the conclusion that the guild's time in Riften was about up and promised to begin making preparations to leave Riften as soon as possible, after the holiday of course.
Posted Dec 31, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+347
Alright, knowing how long my guild recaps are, I decided to post what is to come for the guild in 2019.

Well first off, we are planning a brand new campaign as a sequel to The Tradesmen's Triumvirate. I won't hint much on it, but if any of you here remembered playing Saints Row 2, I think you'll have an understanding as for what is to come. This campaign will be more.... homey if you catch my drift.

Second, we are still recruiting (I know, its crazy), but I must confess I've been having struggles lately. Overall with the ESO-RP Discord's new "one guild ad, with one pic, one link, per day" rule, it really threw a curve ball at me and now I've been trying to rework my marketing strategies. We'll still recruit here on the forums and on Discord once we get ad worked out. I have been tempted to recruit off zone chat, but for now, I want to work on getting the add fixed up first.

Thirdly, we'll begin hosting more heists, more collaborations, more events, more of everything with the guild. So please, if you're down to pay the Illiac Bay Thieves Guild a meeting to join, collaborate with us, beat us up like the criminal scum we can be, or just to hang out, you know you to contact. ;)

Happy New Year, and happy thieving to you all.
Posted Dec 31, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+14
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Hey there! Is this guild still recruiting? I'm interested in joining. Drop me a line at @Chapien in game :)
Signature stuff here.
Posted Jan 12, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+105
PC-NA
PC-EU
Ebonheart Pact
May I ask for an interview as well? Username is @Heemi
@Heemi