(Please do keep in mind that only Communion members can enter this event as it is meant to be a social event for our hub, so if you are wanting to participate - check out our website and join!)
"Hit Me With Your Best Shot"
, hosted by House Rousseau, will be one of the first of many social events for The Communion! This time, we challenge you to an in-character drinking competition! "Hit Me"
will seek to find the drinking boss who can “hold their own”! All races are invited to attend or participate, although no magical ability can be used for events unless specified.
The "Hit Me"
competition is about more than just holding your alcohol! With each drink, the participants are expected to compose a verse boasting their own reputation while challenging their opponents. As the drinking progresses, the intensity of the ridicule, boasts, and taunts increase as the drinkers become less and less inhibited. The goal is to maintain verbal skill throughout the competition without showing the effects of alcohol. Modeled after an actual Old Norse drinking game that will be adapted to Elder Scrolls, the contest will challenge brains against belly!
All should be aware that the boasts and 'burns' should be kept to in-character only and should only be made in good fun and jest! A simple teasing game to get to know one another!
The shots start pouring on February 17th starting at 9pm EST!!
Gathering will begin at 8pm EST!!
The "Hit Me"
competitors will start at a base roll, but this can be increased with participation prior to the event! Competitors can achieve rolling modifiers. Along with modifiers, there will be “special rolls” that will help dictate exactly what happens to your characters in role play during the competition. If a specific number is rolled for your character, the action attributed to that numbered roll must occur.
Each person can achieve rolling modifiers by:
• Sharing forum role play posts on the Communion website about practicing for the competition. These should be at least 2-3 paragraphs long at the minimum to count!
• Participating in a practice that is set as an event by your guild GM, with your guild GM sending a screenshot with @names of those present for proof!
Special rolls will have actions that will dictate random role play ‘drunkenness’ occurrences during the game. Be aware these may change as you continue to roll:
• Falling over.
• Laughing uncontrollably drunk.
• Overly flirtatious drunk.
• Angry drunk.
• Goofy drunk.
• Emotional drunk.
With each round, the lowest rolls up to half will pass that round. Those that roll one of the half highest rolls will have to subtract one point from their overall health. Once you hit zero, your character is out. Modifiers will include:
• Resistance to one of the above mentioned rolls. These can only be used once, meaning if you roll the number that means "goofy drunk" more than once, and you only have 1 modifier placed there, you will only be able to ignore that once.
• Additional points to overall health.
1. All attendees and participants must exhibit good OOC sportsmanship. If your character will not do so IC, please make it known OOC that there are no issues or concerns.
2. All participants must show up on time for the scheduled competition. The competition will start on time and will proceed with who is available.
3. No poisoning drinks, no magic,
4. Throwing up in-character will disqualify you from the competition.
5. Last minute sign-ups will be allowed, but all of those individuals will only be allowed the base roll for winning said competition.
The infamous title of The Communion's IRON GUT, that your character
will hold in character with a special tag on the website and on Discord!
To become a competitor, you can just show up last minute, but you will only be given the base roll with no modifiers. If you would like to earn modifiers and have your points calculated and presented on this post, sign up by responding to this thread with (please keep in mind that this information will be given to Rhea Rousseau In-Character and should be considered your in-character signing up to the event):
1. Character Name.
2. Character Race.
3. Handle in-game.
4. A picture of your character!
5. Boasting Quote for your Competitor Pair Card.
Your face will be here!