• None
  • Light

The Disjointed Tales of Rei'sala Dun'Silvar

5 replies
Sweetrolls:
+81
Spared a Coin
Heja! This is a collection of short stories, poems, and the what not of my main character Rei'sala Dun'Silvar. I intend (And you know what they say about the best intentions) to add to this quite regularly and most will be back ground stories about her and the like, how she became the Mer that she is now. Some will be funny, some will be dark, some will be sad and some might never get posted. So for what it's worth I hope you will enjoy reading them (If you do) as much as I will enjoy writing them!
Posted Aug 28, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 7, 16
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+81
Spared a Coin
The Hunter and The Prey

She could see it in the crowd as it moved from person to person on a path that no one could see except for her, its only purpose in life was to allow her to feed and she would see to it that it lived out its life’s purpose tonight!

It was perfect in its form truly a master piece this one she thought as a small devious smile made its way across her face and licked her lips in an attempt to savor the impending feast. She reached out with her senses and could almost feel its soft touch against her lips, she knew what this city had to offer and she knew that it would be nothing sort intoxicating!!

Her prey was close now; she blended into the gathered crowd in the ballroom seamlessly, moving among the other guests with no one truly aware of her intent or what the real goal was. Sensing something was wrong it changed course that it was on as if it was trying to evade her but all of its efforts were for nothing! She could see it now, closer than ever… it was the last one for tonight she said and she had to have it! To feel it once more!

With lighting quick reflexes she struck like a serpent, drawing from the power that resided deep within her she made her actions even faster, she moved like a blur too fast for the normal eye to see and enveloped the prey in her hands before drawing it towards her awaiting mouth and ultimately its fate.

She bit into her prey, completely unashamed of her actions, she let its sweet flavor run down her throat, and some of it had even dared to escape her she quickly licked it up with her tongue unashamed at what she needed to do as she did not want any to go to waste! Awake with a cornucopia of flavors, she had never felt so alive! Every part of her wanted more and more and she knew what she had to do! She was unable to hold it back anymore, some part of her was crying out for it and she would get it more! She needed to feed! And she would! I will drain this whole town if I have to! She thought I MUST HAVE MORE!

Then she saw another one! It was time again to hunt for her prey, to assert herself above everything else! To give into the primal urges she was feeling! That which she would not be able to hold back if she did not feed! She licked the last of it from her lips a move that bought looks of disgust from those around her! But she didn’t care, she wanted more and she would get it!

As luck would have it one passed in front of her and she reached out again with all of her speed, before she could get to it however another quest casually reached out and grabbed the delicate cake, they took a small bite before placing it back on the waiters tray, the cakes sweet caramel center ran out onto the silver tray, the cakes precious life blood on display for all to see… her face was set in a snarl and she was about to reprimand the other quest for their treatment of such a beautiful creation when she was meet by a swift and painful strike on her hand “Rei’sala Dun’Silvar!” the sweet yet stern voice of her mother froze Rei’sala in place, just loud enough for her to hear but soft enough to not make a scene “I think you have had enough don’t you?” she pulled Rei’sala off towards the side “I have been watching you and your behavior is less then becoming of a lady…”

“I am sorry Lady Dun’Silvar it will not happen again” said Rei’sala as she bowed her head deeply “After all it is only a cake”
Posted Aug 28, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 15, 16
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+81
Spared a Coin
The Road to Ruin

The cold air rushed through the opening city gates as the small group made their way out of the city, through the streets beggars and the like gripped their rags and cloaks in an attempt to stave off the last of winters cold breath, the passing by of cloven hoofs left only foot prints in the snow as they started their journey home. At the front of the small group rode the unmovable Great Lord Gilvanis of House Dun’Silvar, he had decided to make the journey to Windhelm prior to spring to finalize some important business that he deemed too important for anyone other than himself to deal with… and for the first time in her life Rei’sala rode with him.

She had been riding just behind her father’s side the entire time they had traveled, and though his meeting had been brief she was placed in charge of the other retainers while they waited, this was a great honour for her as the Great Lord had only just been made her a retainer so she was ever eager to prove her usefulness to her lord! Her favour in her father’s eyes had only started a few months ago when she had shown him the fundamental principles of what she had been experimenting with, when he had shown great interest in her work she doubled her efforts to help refine it into an art, though he had never witnessed it in all of its entirety he would repeatedly say to her “You show great promise for House Dun’Silvar” and “Your new skills will prove an indispensable asset to OUR House”.

Several days out of Windhelm the Great Lord lead the group on a different route home, they passed many small struggling villages still recovering from the harsh Skyrim winter. As they moved further away from the more well-known roads the villages started to take on a more desperate look, as they passed through them they were all meet by villagers wearing the same face… that of fear! Rei’sala had never seen such hardship before and she could not help but feel for these people, she dared to ask her father why these people were suffering so “A small group of bandits have been preying on these villages during the winter” he answered “Taking what they need and letting the villagers fend for themselves… some did not last the winter”

“Why have the Jarls not done anything about this?” Pleaded Rei’sala “Why do they allow their people to suffer like this”
“These villages are currently being contested by the Jarls of Windhelm and Winterhold and both of them are holding claim to this land so while this is happening they under no one’s protection” His words were measured and well placed “So while this is happening these people will continue to suffer” it was a well-constructed lie, while yes this land was being contested by both Jarls they had repeatable sent their own soldiers to aid the villages to sway their support, both of them had lost several men to the bandits as well, but he had made sure that Rei’sala did not learn of this while in Windhelm.

They rode on, her father’s words played in her mind, every small village they passed was worse than he last, at last she dared to ask “Can we not do something to help these people my lord?” the Great Lord had been waiting for this moment “Is this not the purpose of House Dun’Silvar to bring just justice to those who believe they are beyond judgement? We cannot allow this to keep happening if we have the power to stop it!” the Great Lord stopped and turned to face Rei’sala

“And what will you do?” his voice was commanding and full of authority

“I will do what my lord commands of me” replied Rei’sala her words practiced and precise

“I will ask you again!” the Great Lords voice boomed like rolling thunder “What will you do!?”

“I will do as my lord commands of” before she could finish the Great Lord struck her with a swift backhand sending her flying from her saddle to the ground in a tangle of robes and reins, the Great Lord dismounted and walked towards his fallen daughter

“I will ask you again!” His eyes burned with a tamed fury “What will you do!?” slowly rising from the ground Rei’sala knelt in front of her father she knew she had gone too far and had to proceed with caution

“Forgive me my lord I spoke out of” he struck her again and much harder than before, she fell to the ground once more wincing in pain

“I will ask you for the last time” his voice menacing and full of intent “What will you do!?”

She was confused, she did not know how to answer, she had been told all of her life Your actions are not for you to decide but are instead a manifestation of your lord will, and now her lord was asking her what she would do? Rei’sala ran the question through her mind again and again ‘What will I do? What will I do? What could I do? What can I do?’ all she could hear was her father’s voice in her head, his hand on her face, she could see him in her mind full on contempt and disappointment for her “Useless” he would say to her until she felt like that all she was, the point of her existence… to be useless…

The Great Lord could feel the turmoil inside of her, he needed his new retainer to reach the point in which she willingly offered him what he needed of her, it was not enough that she served, she needed to act without hesitation, to serve without question, to serve without moral restrictions, only then could she truly be a part of House Dun’Silvar.

“Useless! Useless! USELESS!” the word pounded in her head over and over again until she could think of nothing else! She knew she wasn’t useless as the rest of the house thought, she would make them see that she was not useless, she would make them fear her that same way they feared the Great Lord… she would do the only thing she knew she could do that separated her from them…

“I know what I will do my Lord…” she slowly looked up looming figure that was the Great Lord Gilvanis of House Dun’Silvar “I will show you”

It did not take long for to find the bandits; while they were adept at hiding from the Jarls soldiers they were no match for the personal retinue of the Great Lord. They attacked the bandit hideout with fury and speed as they enacted their lords will! Only three lived through the attack and were bought back bound and gag to a small abandoned cabin that they had made camp at the night before, it was deep within the woods and a day’s travel to the nearest village… no one was coming for them and no one would hear them.

The Great Lord stood at the front of the cabin once their prisoners were inside and motioned for Rei’sala to approach
“Rei’sala of the House Dun’Silvar, I give you the honour of dispensing justice to these men” he moved with firm steps towards her until he stood directly in front of the small dunmer towering over her “I have passed judgement on these men for their wicked deeds now you will see to their punishment, these men will not be showed mercy and they will be executed by your hand”

“As you command my Lord” Rei’sala knelt down once more lowering her head, she could still hear them mocking her, see their eyes and the looks of frustration they shared I will show them all! She thought, quickly rising she walked in front of the Great Lord and entered the cabin “I will show you what I will do” she said just as he entered, she slowly removed her gloves and threw them to the ground in front of her father.

The moment the door closed it started, some unnatural horror filled the small abandoned cabin and leaked out from within the ruined walls to infect the night, the animals of the night made no noise and it seemed that even the wind was wary of traveling to close to the cabin, the air was still and filled with the stench of blood, a welcoming smell to the predators that stalked the night but none of them dared to come close. Pain and torment washed out in the night sky, and it touched them all, this was the best that House Dun’Silvar had to offer, the Great Lord own personal retinue and his most trusted retainers, men and mer and beast alike, all of them worth 100 men or more, and all of them felt it, they had seen and administered all manner of death all across Tamriel with brutal efficiency in the name of House Dun’Silvar… but this was different… something that was beyond death… something that should be happening. They all exchanged looks from their posts around the cabin… They knew no fear in their service to their lord… but this was different…

She was vengeance! She was fury! She had become something more then what she was! She had transformed herself into a god! A god of pain and blood who dealt in the currency of screams and they were offered to her freely! She could feel their pain, see the agony that she etched upon their souls! She could taste their fear, all of their fear! There was not one living thing that did not feel it, all was silent and still. Outside the lord’s retainers an even the Great Lord himself were horrified by the symphony of screams that she now conducted! She bent and molded, twisted and set, tore and broke, mended and straightened; again and again she unmade them only to remake them again and renew their torment.

It only ended once there was nothing left for her to work with, when there was nothing left to be undone. She looked up from her first true master piece and looked towards the Great Lord, she could see it in his eyes for the briefest of moments… absolute terror! She was no longer afraid of him, for he even for the briefest of moments was afraid of her, afraid of what she had done and afraid that he was unable to comprehend what he had just seen, she was no longer the useless little dunmer daughter of the invincible Gilvanis Dun’Silvar, she was something else now, someone else now.

She rose from the gore soaked floor reborn, the soft sound of snow melting escaped the from under the floor boards below, covered in blood and hands crackling with an unseen magickal energy Rei’sala slowly walked towards her father, she smiled at him for the first time she could remember! She had never felt so alive! She knew what she had done was not natural but she had never felt so righteous in her actions… she could hear her father’s voice “Your actions are not for you to decide but are instead a manifestation of your lord will” she finally understood what he had done, her lord had passed judgement on these men and had sentenced them to death for their crimes, he had placed his trust in her actions knowing that she would see it done in the name of her lord and house… and she knew that she had not disappointed him. She knelt down and lowered her head till it touched the floor

She spoke softly, her words well practiced and precise “I am yours to command my lord”
Posted Sep 7, 16 · OP · Last edited Sep 15, 16
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+81
Spared a Coin
The Awakening – Part 1

5FfNivk.png

"AGAIN!" Came the thunderous crack of the Great Lords voice, it rolled across the training hall of House Dun'Silvar, and all that heard it knew that his authority was absolute! He stood motionless, watching, waiting, a sentinel of unmovable force of purpose and unshakable resolve, and his will would be made manifest today... one way for another...

For two days she had not slept, she had not eaten, muscles no longer ached, and knuckles no longer bled. For two days she was pushed beyond her limit, pushed beyond what she thought she was capable of.... but to her surprise, she was still standing... and still fighting! She could feel it now more then ever, the sea of power that resided deep within her soul was awakening, it tugged at its restraints, testing its cage with renewed vigor, yearning to be free, to lets its power loose upon the world once more, she knew why she was here, knew what she was trying to achieve, and what was her fate if she failed... Taking a deep breath she centered herself and moved forward.

With all the fury and speed that he was known for, Delvanis charged Rei'sala without hesitation! His movements were exact with no room for theatrics or open to misinterpretation for those that watched, every foot step was taken with purpose and he made no attempt to hide its intent! He had hurt her, and he was going too hurt her again, and again, until the Great Lord told him to stop, he would see his lords will done this day and he would not be found lacking in his duty! However he could not believe she was still standing, could not comprehend what drove her to get back up! Again and again he threw his sister to the ground, the symphony that was body and bone being played against the unforgiving floor of the training hall served him as a reminder to his duty. He knew that his sister held a inner strength he could not understand, a holder of a power he could not grasp, and that is why they were here now. As he approached her he could see the determination and resolve etched on her face, he knew that his sister would not fail today!

Brother and sister met once again, Delvanis moved quickly and went on the offensive, unable to match her brother skills and ferocity Rei'sala rallied all her martial skill once more too defend against the incoming barrage of relentless attacks. Again and again he came at her, the normal rules of the training hall no longer applied, each attack designed to hurt, yet every time she was beaten she would get back up, only to take up her stance once more. As the night progressed the weight of their seemingly endless task started to take its toll. Much to his surprise Delvanis started too tire, rather then use the last of his energy he opted changed his fighting style, his attacks became more straight forward and direct, while predictable he knew that his sister was still no match for him and continued his attack anew. The change in pace did not go unnoticed by Rei'sala and she knew that if she waited an opening would present itself, so she did the one thing that he would not expect... she went on the offensive!

Taking a few well placed steps she was able to get within her brothers reach, unable to use his reach to an advantage or bring his strikes to their full force she had forced Delvnais to move back, as he moved his left foot back to gain more room she had the opening she had been waiting for! With a speed and grace that caught him off guard she pushed her right shoulder into his chest throwing him off balance, as her brother went to gain his footing she took a large step towards him placing her right leg behind his, gathering all of her remaining strength she pulled on his training robes as hard as she could, pivoting him off of her right hip! With crash a Delvanis came down hard on the unforgiving floor of the houses training hall! Wasting no time Rei'sala dropped to one knee she let out a loud cry "AI!" With a gloved hand she struck at his throat, the strike was swift and true yet she stopped a hairs width, she knew that if she had not then her brother would not get back up and she was not here to kill him today. On tired legs Rei'sala stood up triumphantly, taking a few steps backwards to take up her stance once again.

Before Rei'sala knew what had happened she was struck in the middle of the chest, the sheer power of the strike sent her flying across the training hall in a tangle of robes and limbs, never had she felt anything like this before! The power! The force! The rage! Over the last few days she had faced every warrior that House Dun'Silvar had to offer, had been a witness to all manner of pain and burdened it all, but this was on a level she did not believe was possible. Coughing blood she winced with pain as she struggled to stay conscious, moving like lightning through clouds the Great Lord stood before her! What had she done wrong? In an attempt to show her submission to his will she tried to bow in front of him but in current state was unable to even roll over, she did not understand what was happening, what his plan had been for her, for all of this. One thing was certain that she would be told... she would be made to listen!

Leaning down the Great Lord grabbed by the front of her blood stained training robes "Never hesitate!" His voice shacking the very walls of the training hall, the words rung in her hears if she was standing amidst a storm "Never show your opponent mercy no matter who they are!" He lifted her off the floor, easily bringing her to eye level, rasping for air she dared to look to look at him, she was meet my an all to familiar face, the face of disappointment, the face of a farther who cared only for power and strength from those in his house, it was not enough that she served without question if she could not do it without strength, no better then a servant... Useless! She felt it now more then ever... it was almost here... Sensing his daughters inner turmoil he knew that in this moment she would either succeeded or fail, "Useless" he finally said dropping her to the floor, walking away to take his place at the front of the hall.
Posted Dec 27, 17 · OP · Last edited Mon at 19:31
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+81
Spared a Coin
Gloved Hands

C5g3ayb.jpg

Reaching out towards something to touch
Knowing that they will never feel
An endless cycle of pain
An endless of cycle of isolation

Hidden behind a veil
Barriers long turned into a untold excuse
To far gone to control
Long cut off to tame

Why is the question I ask
An answered question to mouth-less things
Seeking to understand self
Conclusions to plain to bare

Seasons pass all awhile waiting
A well practiced ritual to reveal
Bathed in his warm gaze
My dread tools in gloved hands
Posted Apr 11, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+81
Spared a Coin
A piece of parchment rolls down the street trapped in the wind. Its dance takes it across the city on a journey unknown to itself. Passersby take no notice of it as it ends its journey on the ground in front of you. As the wind starts to blow again you notice that there is something written on one side, you reach down to have a look, and out of some sort of unknown compulsion you start to read....

What have I become? Have I become that which I always knew I was going to? Or have I have become something more? Am who he wanted me to be? Who I thought I needed to be? Was it his idea or my own? I always knew that deep down that it was who I wanted to be, who I think I still need to be, powerful, respected, but more importantly feared! Fear through rumor and dark deeds not just presence alone.

Over the past few years it has slept, I have not called for it, nor asked of it for anything, yet I can feel it there... wanting. I have replaced my art with a passion. A passion that I can touch with my real hands, and that touch does not result in blood and agony. I can bring it new form and function, yet it is not truly alive. Though I cannot create it, I can sustain it, remake it. I can see it yet do not understand it, how it works, how it is supposed to function. It has given me something I have no felt in a long time, a drive to achieve something greater then myself, a purpose beyond its power, beyond my art.

Yet despite of all of this, and the calmness that exists inside of me I feel incomplete. I walk the streets of this city shoulder to shoulder with the people that inhabit it, yet I am not one of them. They stare, and they whisper. The colour of my eyes, the shape of my ears, the clothes that I wear. All make their way to me, and none go unheard or unnoticed. In a city full of people, I am alone, only kept company at night by that which I have maintained, and shaped, silent companions that are unable to express gratitude for the new life I have given them, if they are capable of understanding or even feeling such things.

However, why would anyone want to know who I truly am? How could I tell them what I have done, to know that which defines me as an individual? How could anyone accept the truth of it? Knowing they are unable to comprehend what they are seeing and hearing? In a different life it was seen as a tool, as an asset worthy of respect. But now in this new life I pretend to live, it seems horrific and unnatural, something that should not be done to anything living. How can you explain that to someone and not expect to seen as a monster?

Yet now as I write down these thoughts, to only be tossed into the wind, I cannot help but miss the sheer ecstasy I felt as I worked my art for the glory of my lord!

As you finish the page you cast your eyes around at the people gathered in the crowded market and start to imagine what kind of person would be able to write such a thing. With a cold shiver you dismiss the thought tearing up the piece of parchment, and finally tossing it to the street only for it to be trampled as you continue on your day.
Posted Mon at 07:27 pm · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
NoticeNotices