• Light

Page
of 2

[XB1/NA/DC] 'the Sundry Few', a company of adventurers

12 replies
Sweetrolls:
+7
Hello, folks!

I'm attempting to put together a small band of adventurers whose primary concern is each other. As individuals we can come from any banner and believe in any cause. There is no reason an Altmer from the Aldmeri Dominion can't, through story elements, come to care more about an individual hailing from the Daggerfall Covenant than his own political affiliations. This means that there are no restrictions on playable races or species. I've got ideas pertaining to storylines we can pursue as a group or as individuals, and I'm open to the possibility of just about any character being a part of what I'm trying to do, as long as he's written in good taste.

What does good taste mean?

Observe the lore and give the writing of others its due respect. Some literacy doesn't hurt, either. Our guild is a slice of humble pie with a bit of epic whipped cream on top-- we're not going to be entering single combat with Molag Bal and defeating him, or vanquishing the entire Aldmeri Dominion. We're normal (in the Elder Scrolls universe) people. We will not be home to godlike characters who can meet any challenge.

'the Sundry Few' is a fairly open concept. Simply, we're looking to be a group of friends, rivals, contemporaries and adventurers-- and that's it. Are we for hire, or do we operate in our own capacity, seeking our own fortunes? Do we commit ourselves to the Three Banners conflict? Maybe we travel and explore together for sheer enjoyment, or we're inspired to help foil the God of Schemes and his invasion of Tamriel. I'd like to think that would depend largely on the personnel. I believe the dynamic between characters can be as riveting as the adventures we undertake. How does a Breton-hating Orc effect the group or complicate a situation? A vampire? If we visit a temple of Arkay in our travels, does our resident necromancer have to go undercover? I want us to find each other and come together as a crew as organically as possible, with our exploits, adventures or even backstories sort of tying us together-- maybe not all at once or all in one place, but somehow. I will help facilitate whatever writing your character concept requires in that regard if you so desire. The best roleplay is as planned as it is spontaneous, and if we put our minds together and think about what we want, there's no doubt that we can come up with something compelling and cohesive. We'll tailor the game's architecture to our needs where we can, and where we can't we'll get entirely more creative.

These are all things I'd love to explore. Unfortunately, as much as I enjoy writing, they're not things I want to explore alone. I've got them penned as a Daggerfall Covenant guild, but depending on where the interest comes from I'd be willing to go elsewhere perhaps and re-roll. You can find my character concept as it currently stands below. Any Xbox players with any interest, feel free to leave a post here or to PM me for more information, with criticism or just to show your support! If you're interested in participating, please include a dossier of sorts or a character concept. Let's make RP on Xbox One a thing, people.

I should add that a prerequisite to being a part of the Sundry Few is that we will require you to have a USB keyboard. Xbox headsets are our preferred method of out-of-character communication naturally, but if voice chat just isn't your cup of tea, that's okay too. I've also set up a Discord channel for our guild members to use away from their Xbox, where we can otherwise keep in touch, and it's where most of our planning for stories will take place.

Wynster Moresby, 'the Court Mage'
Posted Dec 31, 16 · OP · Last edited Jan 5, 17
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
I'd love to join, gamer tag narmical
Posted Jan 2, 17
Sweetrolls:
+7
Xbox RPer?

/pokes it with a stick.

I'll reach out on Xbox sometime soon to discuss details.
Posted Jan 2, 17 · OP
Sweetrolls:
It is indeed a nice roleplay concept. To have our character involved with the world around them, but also with their fellow adventurers. I know for sure that my Nord, whom was once married to a vampire, would come to a little argument with anyone of the group who has a distaste for Vampires.
Posted Jan 2, 17
Sweetrolls:
This sounds like a very cool idea, the only problem is I don't have any high level characters, please reach out to Mme, my gamer tag is DovahSpies
Posted Jan 9, 17
Sweetrolls:
+7
Thanks for your interest, folks! I'd like to point out that we're still looking for quality people to adventure with, and will continue to be until otherwise stated. I check here several times a week now and into the future, so if you come across this thread and you're looking for some like-minded friends, feel free to give us a holler!

Regards,

Moresby
Posted Jan 9, 17 · OP
Sweetrolls:
I love the concept I do not have much experience with role-playing but I do wish to learn and gain more experience. If you are willing to let me join along I would appreciate it very much! My gamer tag is LonelyDad666
Posted Jan 9, 17
Sweetrolls:
By the way my gamer tag is DovahSpies, check your wall ambrosia, I meant to send you a message but it went to the walleft sadly
Posted Jan 9, 17
Sweetrolls:
*Wall
Posted Jan 9, 17
Sweetrolls:
I can't wait to see you guys in the discord... I'll be waiting
Posted Jan 10, 17
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices