• None
  • Light

Page
of 3

Starting a Khajiit family [all factions, spots still available]

24 replies
Sweetrolls:
+6
Sounds nice. You beat me to the family tree Joxx, had the same idea. Nice though.
Also I foresee some possibly interesting moments between Dra'raya and Jeebi-ma, since he never had -that- much of a religious upbringing other than the scary stories to keep children in line. So since he's quite gullible and not the sharpest claw on the paw and Dra'raya being religious I suppose he can still be scared easily by stories of the Bent Cats coming in the night to kitnap (<= see what I did there, harr harr) the unruly.
PC-EU
Posted Jul 4, 17
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+799
PC-EU
Aldmeri Dominion
Elsweyr
Or, alternately, the brother of Dar'Zhinski's mother could also be the younger-brother of Dra'Raya?

One supposes the only advantage of this is, in the person of the "uncle", it would create a second "slot" for an extremely grey-whiskered Khajiit.

Pur'ualizz ("speak-true"), suppose what it comes down to is: has Dra'Raya many cubs?... or does Dra'Raya have 'liter ("siblings")? If the first, the family would have three generations (80 years-old, 50 and twenty), or, if the second, four (80, 60, fourty and twenty) plus a separate Senchal-branch.

This, one figures, should be entirely at Joxx' discretion... and, what it suggests above in the "family-tree" does have the virtue of simplicity. This one is "game" either way!

So.. when do we put this "caravan" on the road? Are a few more walkers needed?
Posted Jul 4, 17
Sweetrolls:
+799
PC-EU
Aldmeri Dominion
Elsweyr
wrote:
Also I foresee some possibly interesting moments between Dra'raya and Jeebi-ma, since he never had -that- much of a religious upbringing other than the scary stories to keep children in line. So since he's quite gullible and not the sharpest claw on the paw and Dra'raya being religious I suppose he can still be scared easily by stories of the Bent Cats coming in the night to kitnap (<= see what I did there, harr harr) the unruly.

Likewise... Dar'Zhinski, insofar as it has any "religion" at all, mostly just asks BaanDar to save it from "sticky-situations" or, alternately, figures Kha'Jaya ("Moons") have some crazy "path" in mind.
Posted Jul 4, 17
Sweetrolls:
+247
Switching the family slots a little around is no problem for me; it still fits perfectly well with Dra'Raya's background story, given a few tiny modifications. I've updated the family tree to accomodate the changes, and if I dare say so myself, it looks mighty fine now, with branches going here and there and everywhere, and with plenty of spaces for anyone outside reading this, who would like to hop in. :)

VtEaTmc.png

As for how our characters interact with one another, I think we should discuss that in the PM group we have made. It's not all that relevant for anyone outside us four, and thus we don't need to clutter the forums with that discussion. I'll write in the PM in a bit and give my thoughts on the matter.

Thanks for your interest thus far! I'm looking forward to seeing how this unfolds in the world of RP. And to everyone else: give us a shout if you're even just slightly interested in this family project, and we'll fix you a spot right away. The more the merrier!
Posted Jul 5, 17 · OP · Last edited Jul 5, 17
Sweetrolls:
+55
A great idea!

I present to you KORILI-KO, a motherly soul worth of Mara the Mother Cat's admiration. At most points in her life, she has been homebound and down to earth, valuing family at every step of the way. To that end she has become, as her honorific implies, an herbalist and healer, as well as a follower of both Khenarthi and Mara. In love with the life of nature and the Wilds, she learned to tap into nature magic, to augment her healing craft and services.

Having been born somewhere between 30 and 40 years ago, Korili-ko will remember the Knahaten Flu somewhat clearly, but would have been too young to have any influence on where to go, following the footsteps of her parents.

1UuTo85.png
Korili-ko's age (Between 30-40) and fate after the Flu is flexible, as to suit the stories of the rest of the family. Korili is not a person who would have sought adventure and danger after the flu, prefering to stay as close to home and relatives as possible, and she would probably be one of the most eager to see a reunited family for this reason.

As part of her character and personality, Korili is supposed to be a mother of at least a few cubs. These cubs are not intended to be RP'ed very actively, but are meant to supplement Korili's motherly atmosphere.

Happy to talk about details of relations in PM! =D

P.S.: Korili is rather lowl-level, so I can re-create her without a problem if she needs to suit a specific fur pattern for the family.
Posted Jul 16, 17
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+6
Hello and welcome ^^
Nice character, I'm sure we can make it work. I (well, more Jeeb-ma) could yell "mommy!" But as her children aren't meant to be rp'd much as you put it, I guess Korili-ko could be another of Dra'raya's children. So... auntie? :p Or, if not that, could be the spouse of one of Dra'raya's. Making her family, though not directly through blood.
Many options.
PC-EU
Posted Jul 16, 17
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+55
I should probably have worded it differently. I do not mind having her children be player characters as long as it makes sense age-wise. But given her own age, I do not know if they would be at such an age that one could properly portray them with the game's character models, which is why I figured it'd be easier for them to be occasional/mostly passive NPC's. But if it makes sense, why not?
Posted Jul 16, 17
Sweetrolls:
+799
PC-EU
Aldmeri Dominion
Elsweyr
Hurrah!... Another cousin! (Studies family-tree closely... scratches head)... umm... "once-removed"... Yes!

Figure there needs to be no particular worries about fur-patterns: Dra'Raya is "stripey", S'ahnree is sort-of lion-coloured, both Akudarr and Dar'Zhinski are "patchy", with the latter being a complete shambles. This'd make sense, it doesn't sound like this family comes from a fur-stock of purebred aristocrats or anything... much cheerier that way anyhow, no?

Just a thought, perhaps some names could be come-up-with for the parents of Dra'Raya? Suppose, this pair being about a hundred-and-twenty-plus years-old by now there'd be no harm in filling the blank? That way, in Khajiiti tradition, there being no family-names as such, all could describe themselves as di'shir, "of the tribe of Dra'Raya's gran" maybe?
Posted Jul 16, 17 · Last edited Jul 16, 17
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+247
Happy to have you, UtopiaFox!

At first glance, I see great potential for a character like this in the family. I know that she and my character, Dra'Raya, undoubtedly would click well; Dra'Raya is an herbalist as well, a motherly figure too - they even have the same haircut! :d - but while Korili-Ko seems a person of the healing sort, Dra'Raya has been more interested in the poisonous side of herbalism and alchemy, and with an intrigue for diseases. Poison becomes quite handy when you're an old lady but still want to go hunting, see. ;)

It seems to me that it would make plenty of sense for Korili-Ko to play the role of Jeebi-Ma's mother, if both of you are interested in that. Jeebi-Ma's father, if still alive today, would be 51 years old, so there would be a bit of an age gap between him and Korili-Ko, but 10 years' age difference is not unheard of. What do you think?

As for the parents' of Dra'Raya, yes, I agree it would be a good idea to name them. So with a quick look through the name conventions of Khajiit, how about 'Dro'Shabil' for the father, and 'Jo'Mazita' for the mother?

By the way, Fox, if you have any friends or acquaintances looking to make a Khajiit or expand their already-made Khajiit's family tree, don't be afraid to nudge them in this threads' direction... can't have too many furballs!
Posted Jul 16, 17 · OP · Last edited Jul 16, 17
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+55
Works for me! Apart from the father's, it seems we can fine-tune ages to make it look just plausible enough!
Posted Jul 17, 17
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices