Sweetrolls:
+273
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Elsweyr
Morrowind
Summerset
1520946462_d0621d8b511c451a98cdf55fa033ea4d.jpeg

"Tell me, can you name a single Khajiit mage of renown? Go on, I'll wait. No? Of course you wouldn't. Ever so rarely do you hear a Khajiit's name in even the footnotes of the history of Magicka. Even if a notable one is seen it is just 'that Khajiit', 'the Khajiit mage', or even 'the feline of some talent'."

"This, this is my struggle. Every day I must claw against the expectations of society in an academic world dominated by men and mer, noted by name, their very history etched into the stars. Even as I walked among them, studied among them, excelled over some, I barely hear my name mentioned, no recognition as I walk among them as peer. I've paid my price in time, pride, and effort, lost more than I care to admit to advance myself in knowledge, and travel far to achieve and acquire new knowledge to be ahead of my peers. And yet, every day, I feel the tide against me, and should I have a lapse in concentration, a failure in focus, or even a moment to remain fallen among failure, all I have achieved will be for nothing."

"I am Khajiit, and I am a mage, but I will show Tamriel, I will struggle against expectation, that even Khajiit can write their name among the stars!"
~Ko'dahra
Stories to be Born, Legends to be Made
Posted Mar 13, 18 · Last edited Mar 13, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+662
PC-NA
PC-EU
Morrowind
gqBdfGh.jpg
Aaronen Nerathyl wrote:
"What struggles can possibly trouble a Buoyant Armiger?"

It is not an unreasonable question. I have many advantages others do not. I've a larger home than one person could ever need, and no family with which to share it. I've enough wealth to have anything I want, so I want for nothing. No, these are not my struggles.

I was born into slavery. Slavery to my own people, to my own father, who left me with the garbage to rot. I raised myself, despite the attempts of others to make me into a slave, and I became something more. I became strong. Woe to my captors who thought that the chains of their ignorance would hold me.

I was born neither male nor female. Constantly judged, words such as 'freak', 'wench-whelp', 'abomination', and 'deformed' are my constant companions in life. But as they surround me, I draw them closer like a blanket. In my own hands they are a comfort, keeping out the cold of the world's hearts.

But I was born a long time ago. My struggles of the past are mine no longer, gone like ash on the wind. Perhaps this in itself is my struggle. When the dust is swept away, what remains? I am a child no longer. Those days are long past, as the ache in my bones incessantly reminds. Though my remaining years are many, I know not what will fill them. And unlike empty pages, I haven't the words to write the ballad of my future.

They will come in time. Vivec's love will show the way.
WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SALT.
My Art
Aaronen Nerathyl - Dunmeri Buoyant Armiger
Posted Mar 13, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 4
NoticeNotices