[NA-AD] Reaper's Rest Festival of Mara

5 replies
Sweetrolls:
+3,467
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Elsweyr
Let us once more partake in the joys of love and family which so define the blessings of the Mother Cat. May all walkers open their hearts this night as one people beneath Mara's gaze.

Spoiler: Fast InformationShow

It's that time of year again. Yes, it is time for the Reaper's Rest Festival of Mara! On Thursday, February 15th our guild will be hosting our second IC festival in honor of the Mother Cat. All are welcome to partake in the festivities which include a date auction, collective poetry composition, and either a couples talent show or Mara trivia challenge. The last will depend upon how many entries we get for the talent show and how much time we have by the end of everything. We may well have an extra event or two saved up our sleeves if time permits.

Speaking of time, we aim for 8PM Eastern (US) to kick things off. We would like to get things going without much delay, so we would appreciate it if people come prepared if they are going to take part in the date auction or talent show. In fact, here's a rundown of the events themselves:

Date Auction - For those lonely hearts willing to throw themselves to Khenarthi's winds and let the heart of Mara guide them to a potential partner, the date auction is rather straightforward. Characters put themselves on stage, give a brief description of themselves and whether they are looking for a male or female partner (or both), and then see themselves auctioned off as a date to whoever wins the bidding. The bidding will be done once all potential dates introduce themselves, entries permitted only up until said bidding begins. The bidding will require real game gold so as to prevent infinite bidding wars. Absolutely all of the gold will go directly into an open and free raffle within the next few weeks. These dates will be a matter of business between the individual players and characters. The details are up to you, and it is the responsibility of the individuals involved to see the dates done. This is, needless to say, not an automatic invitation for less-than-wholesome roleplay antics. Do not assume otherwise from the auctioned dates. Private details are for private chats. Thank you.

Collective Poetry - This is not a poetry competition and is not for sharing poetry written on an individual basis. Instead, a chosen theme is presented, a set of titles are opened for votes, and then all involved create a poem line-by-line or stanza-by-stanza together under the winning title. At the end, the poem is read aloud and all may enjoy the fruits of cooperative writing. Hurray!

Couples Talent Show - If there are enough entries before the start of the talent show, this will be a chance for various couples to show off their cooperative talents. Needless to say, these talents should be of a wholesome nature. Again, private details are for private chats. Each entry must be a couple, and each must involve a particular talent involving cooperation between partners. At the end of the talent show, the audience will cheer for a winner and runner-up to receive mystery prizes.

Mara Trivia Challenge - If the couples talent show does not receive enough entries, or there is extra time left after the previous events, a bonus Mara trivia challenge will be held where participants answer trivia questions about the goddess of love for another mystery prize. Simple and fun!

If you wish to participate in the couples talent show and/or have your character auctioned off as a date, please consider signing up by posting below with your interest or otherwise getting in contact with me (Enjin message, in-game mail, Discord PM - whatever works for you). While this is not necessarily required, it does give us an idea for how many we should expect for these events and helps us adjust for the smoothest festival possible. Thank you, and hope to see you there!
@DerAlleinTiger - Guild Lead of Reaper's Rest
Posted Feb 8, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 8, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+3,467
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Elsweyr
REMINDER that this is a thing and it is happening Thursday!
Posted Feb 13, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+3,467
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Elsweyr
Just about 45 minutes before this starts up! BE THERE OR BE SINGLE! Actually come on by even if you are single - date auction might be fun!
Posted Feb 15, 18 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+81
Heya! You all still going? Life has been keeping me from being on time tonight to anything. :( I know I'm pretty late since this started but wanted to see if you guys were still around or if I missed the whole thing.
Posted Feb 15, 18
Sweetrolls:
+3,467
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Elsweyr
Just starting up the date auction! I can add you to the group if you give me your contact!
Posted Feb 15, 18 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+81
k please invite @Ketri and @Nironar! thanks!
Posted Feb 15, 18
NoticeNotices