• None
  • Light

The Ragged Standard (Heavy Adventure RP guild)

8 replies
Sweetrolls:
+10
Summary:
The Ragged Standard is a group of rag-tag adventurers that have set aside their differences and band together to pursue their personal goals be they fame, fortune, excitement, or simply good will. The guild consists of approximately 25 active members with at least 2 adventures a week (one long, and one short). So if you are sick to your stomach of guilds that do nothing but hang out at the inn and drink, then this might be for you.

Who we are:
The Ragged Standard aims to be a group of mature (18+), experienced, and active RPers, regardless of race, faction, or class.

What we do:
The Ragged Standard focuses on adventure RP. As in doing made up quests and other content while staying in character.

When we do it:
There are two types of adventures. Short adventures and Long adventures. Short adventures are spontaneous and can happen at any time if people are on and available. They are simple and last around 1.5 hours. Long adventures are planned ahead of time and take place in the weekend. They involve a short or continuing story and last around 3 hours.

Where do we go:
Any where in Tamriel except PvP zones. We are located in Windhelm.

How it works:
We write up a fictional but lore friendly quest utilizing the mobs and terrain available in a specific location. We take a group of adventurers with me and we set out on foot. While fighting the enemies, players are encouraged to throw emotes with their attacks. This is to slow down any nuking and to sustain the RP. The adventure is lightly scripted, leaving the out come for the players.

Why:
This is to provide RP for those that, like me, don't enjoy Dm'd events with rolling. ESO has so much roleplay potential.

Rules:
-No teleporting on adventures. Mounts are only allowed for travel in between major cities and zones (if dictated by the adventure leader).
-Unless we are in a dungeon or trial, do not nuke monsters. Instead stick to light and heavy attacks, or a spell every few seconds.
-Refrain from OOC banter in IC chats like /s and /e . Even using (( )). Use guild or party instead.
-All members are required to be active. Going on an adventure with the guild at least once a week. If you cannot commit a little bit of time once a week to the guild, then perhaps this is not for you.

How to Join
If you are interested in joining, message me in game @Super_mage . We'll set up an IC meeting. No OOC online applications are required.
Posted Mar 2, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 12, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+10
Bump
Posted Mar 2, 18 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+53
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Valenwood
I GM an RP guild, but my character is a bosmer treasure hunter (updated profile will be up soon). I think this sounds like so much fun, and I would love to meet up IC sometime and go on some adventures. I am wondering if you'd let me come along on occasion even if I'm unable to fully join the guild? As a lot of my priority goes towards bi-weekly guild events for The Tamriel Players, so I can't fully commit to another RP guild.

That being said, if you wouldn't mind a sometimes-adventure friend who pops in now and again, I would love to join in. I will reach out in-game. :d
Posted Mar 3, 18
Sweetrolls:
+10
Well. Alright I guess. It would be nice to get people to join my guild though. @muhu_88
Posted Mar 3, 18 · OP · Last edited Mar 4, 18
Sweetrolls:
+31
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Hey man, I tried to get a message to you but it wasn't letting me.

I would love to join you guys if you have room for a little elven bard.

(@EpicWhiteCookie i think)
Posted Apr 2, 18
Sweetrolls:
+10
That's weird.
No worries. I'll add you in game and message you.
Posted Apr 3, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+10
Bump
Posted May 13, 18 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+11
This is exactly the kind of guild I've been searching for. I'd love to join, tried messaging in game but was unable as well.
19.jpg
Posted Jun 12, 18
Sweetrolls:
+10
For any one asking. I've handed Leadership to @Super_mage because things came up IRL and I can no longer be online.
Posted Jun 12, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices