Sweetrolls:
+504
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil

H E K T O R _ I O U S T O S

Short summary as of 2E 585

Once upon a time, there were more peaceful days. Throughout countless years, it has grown into but a bleak memory, and something one can only yearn to achieve through impossible means. Perhaps there is hope, perhaps not. Hektor is aware of this, and always clung on to the idea that a better future is always something worthy to fight for. Even when the world was seemingly going to end, he never laid down his arms.

Enlisted at an early age into the Imperial ranks, Hektor should have been a tomato farmer. Yet, his iron will, determination and yearning for something more lead him from his humble roots to a different path: that of a seasoned battlemage.

Having seen his fair share of war, among other things, the senior battlemage travels throughout the Cyrodilic lands and provides with aid where he can, mainly in the form of training and passing on his knowledge for future generations. Working on and off in association with the Mages Guild, Hektor continues his activities to the best of his capabilities, even if some consider that he should potentially retire. While the thought may have crossed his mind, it is not an option for Hektor. After all, there is still a lot of work to be done.

GacXQ3X.png
AKA Tori

B A S I C _ I N F O R M A T I O N

▪ Age: 73
▪ Born: West Weald,
Cyrodiil, 2E 512
▪ Species: Imperial
▪ Gender: Male
▪ Occupation: Battle- mage
▪ Affiliations: (Former)
Empire of Cyrodiil
▪ Constellation: Lord
▪ Apparent Age: Middle- aged
▪ Hair: White
▪ Eyes: Grey
▪ Skin: Tan
▪ Build: Athletic
▪ Height: 175 cm
▪ Weight: 70 kg

A P P E A R A N C E

It is clear that age has caught up with Hektor, judging from his greyed eyes and white hair. Wrinkles adore his facial features, which can more often if not make him seem to be permanently scowling. This can be quickly dismissed, considering Hektor smiles a majority of the time, lips nearly disappearing behind the mustache he sports. Both his hair and facial hair are neatly kept, even if the former may seem ruffled from time to time after wearing a helmet for extended periods. From the weathered appearance, one can conclude that Hektor no doubt spends (or has spent) a greater part of his life outdoors. While bearing an overall positive and jovial attitude, there is a faint tiredness and sadness that can at rare occasions be spotted in his gaze. War rarely leaves anyone untouched.

All of this, however, is more often if not hidden beneath traditional armour of Imperial make. Dotted with signs of old battles, it certainly has seen better days. Red leather and feathers contrasting the shiny metal, intricate patterns dot Hektor's helmet, while typical Imperial ornaments embellish the rest of his equipment.

A B I L I T I E S _ & _ E Q U I P M E N T

With age comes experience, of which Hektor possesses nearly six decades under his belt. Having trained in the Battlespire as an Imperial battlemage was a true honour, and where Hektor honed his skills to a large degree. Studying various applications of magic and martial arts, Hektor is well versed both in destruction magic and the art of a swordsman, though he prefers to wield a staff. During his career, Hektor has served mainly as a support within a Legion, but is more than capable of holding his own ground. He has even dispatched rogue mages at the behest of the Mages Guild. His focus lies in offense, rather than defensive methods.

Like with any soldier, the old man is well versed in tactics and strategies of the battlefield. As tradition, Hektor sports heavy Imperial armour with a few custom twists, and maintains his equipment as part of his daily routine. Never wandering out unprepared, the utility belt sitting on his waist is always well stocked. A few potions, a small amount of rations, a medkit and a dagger rest upon it. Usually travelling with his trusty steed, any additional gear - such as field kits or camping equipment - are carried by the horse. Needless to say, Hektor is capable to survive on his own out in the (unforgiving) wilds.

Yet, life is never easy. Like many other mages, Hektor was not left unscathed by the Soulburts. While his memory remained intact, his head did not. Ever since the incident, Hektor has suffered from bad headaches or migraines on a regular basis, which in turn hinders him from functioning normally due to pain and nausea. The migraines can come and go on a daily basis, but frequently occur when Hektor is spellcasting. Sometimes he managed to keep things under control through potions or other herbal remedies, but it still constantly plagues him and leaves him vulnerable.

R E L A T I O N S H I P S

▪ Diana Fabricia - Friend ▪ Marcus Lacodius - Old student Hieronymus Maximus - Old fellow Legionnaire
Volund Decentius - Acquaintances Valandrus Oculius - Friend Octavia Fortuna - Brief student

O T H E R

ART
WRITING
Portrait - by Ravnie
Family Tree - by Ravnie
Imperial Battlemage - a book by Hektor Ioustos
-

R P _ H O O KS

▪ Lost / known son - Something I wanted to explore. I imagined that Hektor would have had a son (or perhaps even a daughter) at some stage, presumably some thirty or forty years ago. However, I never decided if it was something he had knowledge of, or not, is unknown. For the time being, I slapped in a placeholder name of Anatolios Valgus as the son's name, but that can be easily changed. How the son would be like is completely up in the air as well, and there is plenty of room to work around with.

▪ Old war buddies / enemies - Having been at numerous sites of battle, there is plenty of chances to encounter either a friend or foe among the chaos. A face to be remember in the disarray is something one would not forget. Since Hektor has been various scenes of battle for more than the past five decades, his name is bound to show up here and there.

▪ Fellow Imperial - Compatriots are the best kind to strike a chat with, especially in all things regarding Cyrodiil! Spending a lot time on the road, getting the latest news about Family X, House Y or ongoing events in Cyrodillic soil is always valued! As are talks about the 'good old times'.

▪ Fellow Mage - There are things that only a fellow mage can understand. Subjects about great theories, applications of various methods in spellcasting are always left for professionals.

▪ Someone seeking aid - Hektor never turns down a helping hand to those in need. Perhaps a double edged sword, Hektor is unable to help his good Samaritan side.

▪ Someone seeking training - Knowledge is important to pass on. Trying to restore what may have been lost, Hektors offers his wisdom to those he deems worthy enough to invest in.

▪ Healers - Due to Hektor having bad headaches or migraines, he'd more than likely try and see one if things got bad, if he needed medicine to combat it, or if he heard a rumour or two of something that might aid against it.

▪ Other - Hektor's written a book! Anyone could approach him about it, were they to recognise him! The hooks listed above are what immediately comes in mind. If you have further ideas, do not be afraid to PM me!

w / _ s o m e _ i n s p i r a t i o n _ f r o m _ c a y t h w y n

NEW PLAYER GUIDE
RP PARTNERS & CONNECTIONSCONTRACT BOARD WIPIMPERIAL LORE
ARVIDHRIL ELETHIARALENHEKTOR ARGOS MASTERLIST

BOOK & LETTER TEMPLATES CHARACTER TEMPLATES
TUMBLR ▪ @RAVNIE PC/NA || RAVNIE#1760 @ DISCORD ▪ COMMISSIONS
Posted Apr 3, 18 · OP · Last edited May 15, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+504
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil

I N _ C H A R A C T E R _ K N O W L E D G E

1boorlv.png

Ptzzkba.png
NEW PLAYER GUIDE

Posted Apr 3, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 8, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+504
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
reserved for shenanigants
NEW PLAYER GUIDE

Posted Apr 3, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 28, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+504
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Completely overhauled with new facts of the ol' man and rp hooks! Working on a guide about Imperial Battlemages as well! In character knowledge section now represents what would be automatically known in the rp world!
NEW PLAYER GUIDE

Posted Apr 21, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+929
PC-NA
Ebonheart Pact
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Always happy to see another Imperial from the West Weald! And an old veteran, to-boot! Him and Max should meet sometime!
2a612k2.png
Posted May 3, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+504
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Always happy to see another Imperial from the West Weald! And an old veteran, to-boot! Him and Max should meet sometime!

For sure! Colovians ahoy! Booped on discord (or well, you did but either works)
NEW PLAYER GUIDE

Posted May 3, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+504
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
This dapper ol' gentleman has finished writing his book about Imperial Battlemages!
NEW PLAYER GUIDE

Posted May 4, 18 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+1,214
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Love this profile. Hail, fellow Colovian.
SIgnature.png

House Varro | Stories | Profile| Belisarius#2034
Posted May 4, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+504
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Love this profile. Hail, fellow Colovian.

salutations ( ̄ᴗ ̄
NEW PLAYER GUIDE

Posted May 4, 18 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+504
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Updated with new info tidbits and relations!
NEW PLAYER GUIDE

Posted May 15, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
NoticeNotices