Sweetrolls:
+763
Blood_Gold_header1.png
Consumed by fire
Firetattoo.gif

they lived on as ash...
(Blood Gold)
Page_Break_287x78.png

The woman stared at the ocean of Saltrice, and through a field of sharp leaves and golden grains sailed ships of sweaty backs. The slaves worked with their heads down, their hands moving with the sort of industry only caused by pain and fear. There was ash in the air, coating the grounds of this plantation in Deshaan. She saw Dunmer on the backs of guar, trailing through, their red eyes fixing on this argonian or that khajiit. In their fists were whips made to sing through the air and crack down, biting. Thrice now she had seen it happen, and each time she felt anger bubble up like water set too long on a hearth.

Steady, now.

Her informant had warned her that the conditions here would be thus. She had steeled herself, but she was not prepared. Such atrocity would never be allowed in most of the places she'd been. When Wraesha had said this minor House stood beneath the Dres banner, a part of her had coiled back like a viper preparing for the strike. Yet that could not happen: this was Morrowind, not Cyrodiil, not Highrock, and she would never make progress here by force. She had not the firepower to take on an age old tradition, and the more time she spent headbutting a wall, the higher the chance that the little girl she'd been tasked to find would die.

That cannot happen.

She had to move with care, with cunning. She knew of this culture only passingly, and was not confident she could navigate it without advice - alone, she would flounder in uncharted waters.

She needed help.

Page_Break_287x78.png

Pinned to the notice board in Anvil and Kvatch is the following letter, its edges frayed by the weather...

First_Hook.png
Spoiler: Plain TextShow
Page_Break_287x78.png

Out of character information:

Blood Gold is the first in what I hope will be a series of fun and engaging community events. This particular arc revolves around House Veroth, a minor Dunmer House serving under the banner of House Dres. With power over a number of plantations and a thriving sense of economy, House Veroth is a force to be reckoned with in its own territory, and it harbors a number of secrets that are better kept from the light.

This RP will involve uncovering those secrets, using investigator Evirea Velacel as a hook to get the ball rolling. As these stories are supposed to be on a smaller scale - dealing with specific regions at a time, and specific characters, stories, and settings - I am more than happy to work out individual hooks if the general hook supplied does not suit your character. This stands for this event arc and any arc I run from here on out. If you want to participate, we will find a way to make it make sense for your character IC.

As a general warning, these stories will often involve dark, adult material. Topics such as violence, slavery, and sexual themes are not considered taboo, though they will be treated with due tact and consideration. That said, nothing beyond physical injury will ever happen without expressed player consent. You can expect your characters to wind up a bit battered, but I (the DM) will never kill or maim or enforce something which has permanent consequences unless the player volunteers for it.

Bad things happening to NPCs is completely fair game. Whether or not a character lives or dies will rely entirely on the actions that your characters choose to take. These arcs are meant to be dynamic, and the way in which they evolve will cycle around your contributions.

At the bare minimum, these events will be happening bi-weekly. Because I am (currently) the only active DM, each part will be capped at 12 players. Each portion of the arc will have a general hook, and players are welcome to jump in and out at any given time. This thread will be continually updated as different characters are introduced, and the story itself will be tracked with little blurbs in the event someone needs to catch up on what's been happening.

The general genre of these stories will be a mingling of mystery and horror. If you have more questions, or you're simply eager to hop in yourself, join the discord here, add me as Althiira#3900, or find me in-game as @TheAllegorist!

Guild
Posted Apr 16, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 16, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+4,373
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Hew's Bane
High Rock
Verrry interdasting...
enjin-1158862-9638302-blue.png
Posted Apr 16, 18
Sweetrolls:
+18
I'm definitely interested.
Posted Apr 17, 18
Sweetrolls:
+763

One quiet evening in Anvil, a towering man in armor stoops beneath a doorway to enter an alchemist's shop. The two exchange words - the meeting is not a long one, yet it is valuable, for it grants clarity on a matter of considerable import. There is talk of finding a young Khajiiti girl, and discussions of different methods of infiltration.

A new inquiry in the form of a letter is sent to be nailed to notice boards. Though this one bears no name, it does bear a distinctive symbol, and a crude but easily followed map on the back marks the selfsame alchemist's shop beneath the shadow of the great Dibellan Chapel.

Second_Hook.png
Spoiler: Plain TextShow

Out of Character Information:

The first portion of this event will involve less combat and more mystery, intrigue, and clue-finding. The characters will form up a false caravan of slaves and their slavers in order to get closer to House Veroth, and to navigate its treacherous secrets. If you want to get involved using this hook, just give me a poke using the information provided above!

Information about different NPCs will be posted as we move along! And a special thanks to

Mich40677 for responding to the first prompt!
Guild
Posted Apr 25, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 25, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Kis
Sweetrolls:
+118
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Ohh sign Wren up!
"I see that you're busy, but do you have a moment to talk to about our Lord and Saviour, Hircine?"

Wren Nightdale - Bosmer Thief & Alchemist

In-game Handle: @Kismetta | Co-GM of Va Laeloria - Tavern & Safe Haven

Kis' Guide to Lycanthropy | A Werelion's Guide to Lycanthropy
Posted Apr 25, 18
Sweetrolls:
+6
Ooo sign me up! Karlilah can TOTALLY help with this!
Posted May 15, 18
Sweetrolls:
+266
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Elsweyr
Lila, being a dunmer can be of use here if your looking for infiltration! Just let me know times in advance and I will try to fit them in my schedule!
enjin-1519175-8578037-gray.png
Posted May 16, 18
Sweetrolls:
+763
Awesome, you three! The first installment of this event will be this Saturday the 26th at 9 PM EST. If you happen upon this post and are looking for an in, there are still some slots available - just poke me via discord at Atlhiira#3900 or join the channel here!
Guild
Posted Wed at 06:32 pm · OP
NoticeNotices