• None
  • Light

Page
of 5

Update – Race, Faction, and Monster Labels; Character Post Filtering (soon)

43 replies
Web Wizard
Sweetrolls:
+1,860
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Cyrodiil
It's April. You know what that means...
An update? Yeah, I guess!

So before we dive right into the meat this update, let me give you all a little background info...

It was dark, and cold. The Site Staff's Guild had been fighting day in and day out, battling the beast known as...Enjin Forum Management (*thunder clap!*). Its size, its (lack of) speed, its sheer unweildliness tested us all—it fought back, until our swords were dulled, our arrows depleted, our potions dry. "How," wondered @Avinarih , "how might we ever slay such a beast? Our backs are to the walls, my comrades—we are...defeated."

...But a ray of light pierced the darkness, driving back the vile beast. It was
Emmy , inspired by none other than the fair maiden Alexandria , come with a revolutionary elixir that promised to weaken the beast, to give the Site Staff's Guild a fighting chance!

It was called... The Lesser Potion of Labeling.

...So just to recap, we were (I was) tired of having 20 unnecessary subforums, so we cut them down to 0, filed all the characters back into their appropriate Characters subforums, and added fancy new -Labels- so we can still keep track of threads by race and faction. Yeah! We've already added the appropriate race labels to all of the threads that were in a racial subforum in the first place, but there are (a few) more, and I'm taking suggestions!

For reference, here's what we have so far:

Faction: -AD- -DC- -EP- -Cyrodiil- -Neutral-
Race: -Altmer- -Argonian- -Bosmer- -Breton- -Dunmer- -Imperial- -Khajiit- -Nord- -Orc- -Redguard- -Maormer- -Reachman- -Other-
Other: -Vampire- -Werebeast-

When you click on any of these labels, you'll be taken to a page where you can view all of the threads which include that label. Currently, this will contain threads from all forums, but I am working on a way to filter them by platform as well. Ideally, that should be working in the next few days! If you're not sure exactly how to use these fancy new labels, see below:

Spoiler: How to add forum labelsShow

And now that we've reached the end here, I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I'm open to feedback as well! Hit me up with suggestions for new labels, other site features, etc., and stay frosty, ESO-RP!
Posted Apr 17, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 17, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+4,487
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
This is awesome!

My only request would be if there was a way to add an Imperial or Empire tag to faction. There is a big chunk of the RP community that is Imperial-aligned with guilds and RP events and "neutral" doesn't really apply.
3NjF17Z.png

Lady Olyviana Ravnore 6znzDGU.pngHouse Ravnore | Imperial Vampire House
Posted Apr 17, 18 · Last edited Apr 17, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Web Wizard
Sweetrolls:
+1,860
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Cyrodiil
wrote:
This is awesome!

My only request would be if there was a way to add an Imperial or Empire tag to faction. There is a big chunk of the RP community that is Imperial-aligned with guilds and RP events and "neutral" doesn't really apply.

A fair request. I probably should've done that from the start, but it's done now!
Posted Apr 17, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+4,487
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
wrote:
wrote:
This is awesome!

A fair request. I probably should've done that from the start, but it's done now!

Awesome! Thank you!
3NjF17Z.png

Lady Olyviana Ravnore 6znzDGU.pngHouse Ravnore | Imperial Vampire House
Posted Apr 17, 18
Sweetrolls:
+373
wrote:
This is probably an obtuse idea but I've seen a handful or so of people playing daedra - so that might be a monster label? Otherwise I would like to see this thread of templates stickied so that people don't lose them.

What she said
Tggn2rE.gif
Posted Apr 17, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Checks-The-Calendar
Sweetrolls:
+762
Spared a Coin
Can we clarify as a group, does the faction tag mean political allegiance or where you rp?

I would like to lean toward the latter, as its more relevant when trying to find rp.
@Fyurae
Sweetrolls:
+3,696
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Elsweyr
wrote:
Can we clarify as a group, does the faction tag mean political allegiance or where you rp?

I would like to lean toward the latter, as its more relevant when trying to find rp.
Honestly, for me it's the exact opposite. It's more about location. If someone's in DC or EP, well, most of my characters aren't going to show up because they can't or won't go to those lands. Even though I don't have any characters who are actively a part of the Dominion Army, I consider it a pretty big deal to go between faction lines for most of my characters. Come to think of it, there's really only a single character of mine who's traveled from one alliance to another within the timeframe of me RPing her, and that's Ahjiira. Only traveled from DC to AD one time, and unlikely to go back without a really good reason since it was enough of a pain to do so the first time (and that was with her father already in AD territory to vouch for her and give her a soft landing over). Neutral territories are easier to justify, but generally the actual locations of AD, DC, and EP are the most important for me (whether it's because of their geography or their political and cultural climate). I don't know if it's the majority view, but I do know there's a number of others who are the same.
@DerAlleinTiger - Guild Lead of Reaper's Rest
Posted Apr 17, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,065
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Considering there are character dossiers, pages or what have you all the way from 2013 (and plenty onwards) that are more than likely inactive, I was wondering what the policy on those are? Active / Inactive tags would be too much, wouldn't it? Will x old character pages sit among the active ones, when x old character pages are inactive? It popped to my mind since there were all in all 83 pages or so to go through.

Otherwise it is a nice change!
@RAVNIE on PC/NA
RAVNIE#1760 on DISCORD
TUMBLRCOMMISSIONS
BATTLEMAGE LOREBOARD WIP
CHARACTERS
RALENHEKTORETHON
ELETHIA ARGOS LINNWEN
MARROKMASTERLIST
GUIDES + TEMPLATES
NEW PLAYER GUIDE
CHARACTER TEMPLATES
BOOK & LETTER TEMPLATES
Checks-The-Calendar
Sweetrolls:
+762
Spared a Coin
I feel like profiles being updated or bumped moving to the top is good enough. Atrophy will send them down the list. And, location was what I was talking about.
@Fyurae
Posted Apr 17, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices