• None
  • Light

Page
of 5

Update – Race, Faction, and Monster Labels; Character Post Filtering (soon)

43 replies
Sweetrolls:
+4,487
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Incentive to bump guild threads might help people know what ones are active, too, though. And you can still search for only guilds of a certain faction by using the tags with a single click, so it wouldn't really be any harder for people looking for alliance-related guilds to easily find them.

As the primary recruiter for my guild this makes me uncomfortable just because we don't want meaningless spam. I pretty much only bump my guild post once a month and always include something meaningful to the bump... what we're recruiting, screenshots from guild rp, plotline summaries, etc. Meaning, I bump when I have something to say rather than "Bump!" I would hate to see that become the norm here because guilds that can't or don't want to spam to stay at the top shouldn't be penalized.

And I know you can sort but I'm thinking of the average user here. Most people who have joined my guild (in any game) don't even post on whatever the community forum is, but saw the ad there. What this means is most people are unlikely to be enjin savvy enough to know you can sort by tags and will just look at the first page or two.
3NjF17Z.png

Lady Olyviana Ravnore 6znzDGU.pngHouse Ravnore | Imperial Vampire House
Posted May 6, 18 · Last edited May 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+857
PC-NA
PC-EU
Morrowind
It just seems like people aren't able to find what they want, based on the numerous Looking for Guild posts. While people bumping just with a post that says "bump" would be extremely annoying, it would be an easy thing to enforce as a rule that people not do that, and even if they did it on a regular basis in the absence of a rule, it might still be less annoying than having this sort of spam:

c19622bf45f5e755b122b7cdd2d5c24e.png

I feel like most guilds probably have something meaningful to post at least biweekly or so, anyway. But maybe I'm in the minority. Just thought I'd make the suggestion.
WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SALT.
My Art
Aaronen Nerathyl - Dunmeri Buoyant Armiger
Posted May 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+4,487
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
People posting looking for guild threads isn't an indication the guild system isn't working though! It usually means people aren't really sure what character to focus on or what direction to take their RP and so are testing the waters or wanting someone to engage them rather than vice versa. Or are simply overwhelmed by the guild choices and looking for suggestions.

Also, there aren't usually that many looking for guild threads. That happened in that module because that muhu person with 10 posts went through and posted a link to their guild thread on every LFG post without saying anything else... which is definitely spam. Some of those LFG threads which were bumped are from February...
3NjF17Z.png

Lady Olyviana Ravnore 6znzDGU.pngHouse Ravnore | Imperial Vampire House
Posted May 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,165
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Speaking of bumping;

As a person that does that myself, I agree to the statement that things such as above prevent other guilds from showing themselves, and then we have to bump again. Myself, I 'bump' my threads, or at least try to, once every two weeks. Or I give a pause and advertise elsewhere and then at the beginning of a month bump it again.

Even when responding to others threads, I try to give more details than just a link. That unfortunately is copy and Pasta spam.

"Welcome my friend, sit down. I have a story to tell you about a woman who rose from the embers of nothing and created something beautiful."
-
The Covent | Dibellan Roleplay
Spirits Of Lore | Forum
-

Posted May 6, 18 · Last edited May 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,154
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
This might not be possible. But on another community forum, they used to organize threads by having a menu on the side when you were on the characters subforum that let you look at all the threads that started with a letter. It required everyone to name their threads with just -names-, but in that window it would list all the names as links and pull up the threads. So as an example, if you were viewing the character subforum and clicked 'A', just in that window you'd see a list of 'A' names. Like: Abe, Acacia, Adele..ect. Rather than changing the way threads are organized, you're just pulling links and thread names to a side bar menu.

With the tagging system, I feel like a similar feature might be possible with the races/ect. I just feel like currently it's really hard to view things. I liked being able to see when new chars were added by race, and now it's pretty random. I dunno if it feels messier because of the tags or what it is. I'm sure there's a solution that incorporates tagging and minimal forums but I don't know what it is, or what would be easiest for you to incorporate.

I don't think the old way was better per se, but just throwing in my input in case the above may open up some possibilities for you Emmy? I don't know enough about how Enjin works but maybe it's easier to pull thread names and tags into an organizational tool rather than adjusting the forum mechanics itself? (If I am understanding correctly).
Check out: MMO Artist's Collective Discord | Roleplay Community Location Listing

Looking for me?
ESO: @Rhoande - Discord: Rhoande#1942
Characters | Thris Elswor | T'Seme Darkwater | Careth Tal'Ora | Malshok |

Posted May 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,154
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Also, re guild activity - I brought the guild listing back but it was never stickied (the old one is still up, I bumped it a couple times but without mod support what's the point?) It was meant to be a good indicator of guilds that were trying to reach people/let people know where they were and show that they were active as well. The unfortunate reality is that it's hard to measure how active guilds are because not all guilds feel a need to bump/constantly recruit or notify the public of their activities to entice people. There are probably a lot of guilds we don't see posts from, because they either, solely recruit in zone or don't come here, don't post and just recruit in other means. But I can look at the discord LF Guild channel and see what -appear- to be the most active recruiters.. that doesn't necessarily speak to how active a guild is, their member base, or how many events they have per week. They just have someone spamming an ad once every other day. And it's the same 10 guilds. An outsider might think those are their only options which is far from the truth.

The biggest problem I see with guild seekers, and guilds is that a lot of people aren't sure where to start. They don't know what they want and they'd rather ICly fall into a guild or OOCly interact IC with them first and that is -very- uncommon in ESO. It was an enormous OOC hurdle for me to get past when I started playing because I was used to being able to go to a public venue/event and see several guilds in attendance and see some of their players RP and see how -I- felt about players in that guild before I approached.
Check out: MMO Artist's Collective Discord | Roleplay Community Location Listing

Looking for me?
ESO: @Rhoande - Discord: Rhoande#1942
Characters | Thris Elswor | T'Seme Darkwater | Careth Tal'Ora | Malshok |

Posted May 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+545
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Is this labeling system live? I tried to edit a guild posting and it didn't work :(
Thelenir Ethelain -@shadock
Posted May 9, 18
Sweetrolls:
+1,165
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Is this labeling system live? I tried to edit a guild posting and it didn't work :(

It's for characters right now, Shad. We're discussing having it applied to guilds, but most active guilds are already on the front few pages.

"Welcome my friend, sit down. I have a story to tell you about a woman who rose from the embers of nothing and created something beautiful."
-
The Covent | Dibellan Roleplay
Spirits Of Lore | Forum
-

Posted May 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+545
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
My bad, I didn't browse the other replies.

Having it for guilds would be helpful I think. Pretty easy.
Thelenir Ethelain -@shadock
Posted May 9, 18
Sweetrolls:
+57
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Summerset
I didn't care to read the other replies to this, but I was blinded by the rainbow of color in this post.
Posted May 21, 18
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices