• None
  • Light

Page
of 5

Update – Race, Faction, and Monster Labels; Character Post Filtering (soon)

43 replies
Sweetrolls:
+1,154
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
It occurs to me with the distinction of Reachmen, would it be reasonable to add Ashlander?

I know after a bit it becomes.. so varied. But food for thought I suppose?
Check out: MMO Artist's Collective Discord | Roleplay Community Location Listing

Looking for me?
ESO: @Rhoande - Discord: Rhoande#1942
Characters | Thris Elswor | T'Seme Darkwater | Careth Tal'Ora | Malshok |

Posted May 21, 18
Sweetrolls:
+857
PC-NA
PC-EU
Morrowind
Reachmen are actually a different race, of sorts. Ashlanders are just Dunmer.
WARNING: MAY CONTAIN SALT.
My Art
Aaronen Nerathyl - Dunmeri Buoyant Armiger
Posted May 21, 18
Sweetrolls:
+1,154
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
The Reachmen, also known as the Witchmen of High Rock, are a tribal group of primarily Breton descent who inhabit the Reach in southwestern Skyrim[1] and the neighboring Western Reach in the east of High Rock.[2] Their ancestry is not solely Breton, but spreads across many of the known races of Tamriel.[2] Although they share descent, Bretons do not consider themselves kin to the Reachmen, and the Reachmen do not see themselves as Bretons.
vs
The Ashlanders, also called the Velothi after the prophet Veloth, are Dunmeri nomads that traditionally hail from Morrowind's wilderness.[1] In the Merethic Era, Ashlanders and other Dunmer were very much alike and on equal footing, but since the days of the First Council and rise of the Great Houses, they have steadily been forced into the poorest and most hostile lands.[1][2][3] They travel along with their herds, camping wherever is suitable.[1] Additional resources gained by hunting the local wildlife are used to manufacture huts, armors, clothing and general household items. Ashlander culture is the remains of the ancestor-worshipping tribal culture which the "civilized" Dunmer left behind.

I feel like Bretons and Reachmen have enough genetic diversity that it's probably hard to call some bretons even similar to one another ancestry wise. Depending on their family trees. But culturally bretons vs reachmen are different peoples regardless, even if they were genetically the same.

While Ashlanders and Dunmer may all share the same genetic background, I'd still say there's enough social/cultural difference for Ashlander's to be separate, BUT that's just my personal opinion.
Check out: MMO Artist's Collective Discord | Roleplay Community Location Listing

Looking for me?
ESO: @Rhoande - Discord: Rhoande#1942
Characters | Thris Elswor | T'Seme Darkwater | Careth Tal'Ora | Malshok |

Posted May 21, 18 · Last edited May 21, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+38
Thats because Bretons and Reachmen also share genetic information with the Nedes, last I understood. They merely have a wide gap culturally speaking.
"Everything I ever learned in life, I gained by killing smart people and eating their brains."
-Anonymous Bumper Sticker

GW2: ramethzero.3785
ESO @Ramethzer0
Posted Jun 24, 18
Page
of 5
NoticeNotices