-The Basics-
Build: Athletic
Race: Imperial
Height: 5'11''
Eye color: Green
Hair color: Brown
Skin: Tanned

-Appearance-
Somewhat tall for an Imperial, Ralius stands just sort of six feet and bears the muscled physique of a soldier, though the toll his lifestyle has taken on his body is beginning to show. The multitude of scars that litter his body and the callouses on his hands make it apparent that this man is no stranger to physical labor and indicate that the sword resting at his hip serves as more than a place to rest his hand.

His hair is usually kept short out of practicality and short stubble lines his jaw, giving the Imperial a somewhat rugged appearance befitting of his lifestyle. Like his hair, his attire is practical and he wears no jewelry save a simple golden ring that resides on a chain beneath his shirt.

Spoiler: Face claim: Craig ParkerShow

-Personality-

Despite what may be a gruff appearance, Ralius often wears an easy smile and seems more than at home in social environments - so long as there is alcohol of some sort involved. For a man that has a habit of talking too much, he often steers the conversation away from personal questions and prefers to keep things light and simple.

The rigidity that came with his previous life as a soldier appears to have all but faded completely as Ralius prefers to take a relaxed approach to all things outside of his work and equipment. When on the job, he takes on a decidedly different persona and only then does his training and experience really shine through. Though mercenaries will often delve into morally grey territory, Ralius allows his moral compass to take precedence over a payday, though some past employers may claim his methods were somewhat... unorthodox.

-Reputation-

Given that his lifestyle is decidedly nomadic, Ralius has a number reputations - some quite different than the rest. Those from Colovia may know of the Verinius family as a long line of respectable farmers and hard workers. The youngest of the family still carries on the family legacy to this day. The eldest of the Verinius boys, Ralius, was once held in high regard as a veteran of the Imperial Legion, but is said to have run off soon after the Soulburst occurred, leaving his farm and the graves of his wife and child behind. Some have even begun to whisper that he murdered them himself and fled to avoid execution.

Other rumors pertain to a wandering Imperial sellsword who many suspect is a deserter of the Legion attempting to ply what few skills he has to fuel his unhealthy appetite for cheap whiskey and loose women. Bar fights follow this man wherever he goes, but at least he seems to do good work when properly motivated. Though even these stories are now months old, so perhaps he has since found peace one way or the other. Or perhaps he simply hasn't done anything noteworthy as of late.

-Equipment-

When on the job, Ralius sticks to what he was trained to do. He is usually kitted out in a set of simple platemail with a well-worn sword in one hand and a battered shield in the other. Just in case anything should happen to his sword, he often carries a fairly plain dirk on his belt as a backup.

Though his gear is obviously used, he does his best to keep it in as good shape as he can. A soldier is only as good as his equipment.

-Habits and Hobbies-

When on the road, Ralius often keeps himself busy by carving small objects out of wood. These trinkets could range from the rough likeness of an animal to poorly-tuned whistle depending on the day. Given that he rarely finishes a project and that those he does finish are not of particularly good quality, it's clear he does this more to pass the time than to make anything of substantial quality.

When in town, Ralius spends most of his free time drinking and making merry in whatever inn or tavern happens to be around. However, he does manage to retain enough discipline to keep up with a strict exercise regimen as demanded by his occupation. All that whiskey has to be worked off somehow, after all. In truth, he lacks any real hobby or passion and spends his free time rather poorly as a result.

-Recent Sightings-

Ralius has recently popped up in Rivenspire in the company of three mages investigating some sort of magical blight that has been plaguing the area. Rumor is that he attacked his own companions in the local inn and even killed a man during the altercation!

The blight that has harried Hoarfrost Downs has finally come to an end after a long two months. The townsfolk don't seem to be entirely sure of how exactly this hardship came to a close, but they're certain that the Guild mages, their Imperial companion, and the trio of corpses they left in their wake had some part to play. Whatever the case, the mayor praised them for their efforts and the group took to the road with little fanfare - much to the relief of many. With any luck, the town can return to normal... or as normal as things can be in Rivenspire, anyway.

-Author's Notes-

Well hi, thanks for reading this far!

This bio is very much a work in progress, and I hope to update it and refine the formatting in the coming weeks. I don't want to spill all the fun stuff in a character history section, but if you're ever curious to know more about his background, I have written a few short stories about his past that can be found here.

Now my reason for writing this is to drum up a bit of RP with fun people. I'm looking for anything and everything, be it friends, enemies, employers or whatever! So if you're at all interested in RPing, please feel free to leave a comment or send me a message because I'd be more than down to try and set something up! My in game username is @MCullet, so feel free to friend me there as well!

Hooks
-Other mercenaries: there is strength in numbers and some jobs are just a bit too much for one guy with a sword.
-Those looking for a hired blade: this is probably the simplest and most obvious. He's a sellsword. His sword is sold. People buy it sometimes.
-A chance encounter on the road: Ralius is a nomad and spends a large portion of his time on the road. Sometimes the best encounters are chance encounters.
-Anything you want: the above is just a short list of what I could come up with off of the top of my head. If you have any different ideas, please feel free to suggest them!

Spoiler: PlaylistShow
Posted Apr 19, 18 · OP · Last edited 10 hours ago
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+198
PC-NA
wrote:
Hey, I like this character and I'm glad to see you posted a profile because I was curious about hooks and deets not pertaining to the stories you've posted.
Thanks for taking an interest and for reading it all! I hope the profile was able to provide whatever details you were hoping for.
Posted Apr 19, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+196
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Going to be interesting to meet another former legionary and now a merc. Might get my character a discount?? Lol! Anywho, be looking forward to hiring.
Volund Decentius

housedecentiussign.png
Posted Apr 20, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+198
PC-NA
Fixed some formatting and added a "recent sightings" section to give a bit of a glimpse into what Ralius is currently up to. I plan to update that section semi-regularly if interesting things keep happening!
Posted Apr 26, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+347
Love seeing more Imperials around. Welcome!
Posted Apr 26, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+198
PC-NA
Updated the recent sightings section!
With his latest exploits having come to a close, Ralius has taken to the road in search of his next adventure.

My RL has finally decided to take a chill pill and I finally have more free time, so I'm on the hunt for RP once again!
Posted May 25, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+198
PC-NA
Updated with some amazing art I commissioned from Aerwindale ! Be sure to check her out if you're in the market for getting some art done!
Posted Jun 3, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 10, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,142
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
love this man. 11/10 would recommend touching his face
@RAVNIE on PC/NA
RAVNIE#1760 on DISCORD
TUMBLRCOMMISSIONS
BATTLEMAGE LOREBOARD WIP
CHARACTERS
FORUMSMASTERLIST
DIRECTORIES
IMPERIALDUNMERBRETON
GUIDES + TEMPLATES
NEW PLAYER GUIDE
CHARACTER TEMPLATES
BOOK & LETTER TEMPLATES
Posted Jun 3, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+107
He sounds like a really interesting and fun character! I'm digging his playlist too!
Malwyss Meraai || Dunmer Rotanist
Gwaerath || Bosmer Fortune Teller
Posted Jul 7, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+71
PC-NA
I'm here to add my extremely belated recommendations for Ralius, your friendly neighborhood sadman man of mystery! Top notch RPer, and a character that is just a lot of hot dang fun to get to know.
giphy.gif
NA-PC @Nixie
Posted Aug 8, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices