• Light

The Enlightenment Society [TES] - A Guild for Scholars

5 replies
Sweetrolls:
+692
Dfn5eH2.png

ABOUT THE ENLIGHTENMENT SOCIETY

Dfn5eH2.png

The Enlightenment Society has closed as a guild.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in our events! On behalf of the Enlightenment Societey, I bid you all a very fond farewell.

-Vehk

If you want the opportunity to learn and to teach, the Enlightenment Society [TES] is a guild for scholars. If you want to learn about history, culture, zoology, botany, religions, art, astronomy, beekeeping, goldsmithing, cuisine, magic and folktales, then our guild is for you. We are an apolitical guild, open to members of ALL races, religions, factions and political affiliations.

Roleplay the way you want to roleplay. This guild is a social one, by the community, for the community. We won't impose skill systems or intricate dice systems that make you limit or retcon your character's previous growth. Come as you are!

Frequent events: We hold weekly events on Wednesday evenings (lectures, experiments, delves, and more). We also hold free-from events of all kinds throughout the week! These other events are largely community driven and can be set up by anyone!

RULES

1. Be kind to your fellow guild members.
2. Keep NSFW out of the General chat.
3. Keep politics to private conversations.
4. Keep RP lore friendly. If you have an
interpretation of the lore that may be a stretch,
consult the community OOCly.

JOIN US

Anyone with a mind to learn and teach is welcome!

We are recruiting!

Join us in game for a cup of tea and a casual conversation, or sit in for one of our lectures. Our doors are always open to you. We hold our weekly events on Wednesdays at 6pm PST / 9pm EST.

Visit our Guild Events page for more information.

Find us on Discord

Contact us in game for an invite.

@VehkHlaalu - Guild Leader
@MegaGeekLizzy - Officer
Posted Apr 25, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 21, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+692
The Enlighmentment Society is proud to present a lecture by Bouyant Armiger Aaron Nerathyl on Dunmeri Culture!

nmZO2YQ.jpg

The Enlighmentment Society is proud to present an informative discussion by Wizard Lord Telvanni Vehk Arendu on Botany!

ZG7VIRj.jpg

The Enlighmentment Society is proud to present an informative discussion by Indoril Ethes Madrelo on Astronomy!

dtM6AFN.jpg
Posted Apr 25, 18 · OP · Last edited Apr 28, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+692
The Enlighmentment Society is proud to present a lecture by Aicantar the Artificer on Tonal Architecture!

HOngDns.jpg
cCP9Lrm.jpg
giphy.gif
Posted May 3, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+692
The Enlightenment Society is proud to host its first poetry night!

g3t3JwF.jpg
giphy.gif
Posted May 9, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+692
Dfn5eH2.png

The Enlightenment Society cordially invites you to use our new Guild Hall!

Our Guild Hall is open to the public anytime! We've created this Guild Hall to serve as a space for people to socialize and focus on their studies in peace. Membership to our guild is not required! Come and enjoy a scholarly retreat on the beautiful Hew's Bane peninsula off the Southern coast of sunny Hammerfell.

Travel to @VehkHlaalu's primary residence to visit our hall. There are recall scrolls located in the entrance hall for IC convenience!

jgQkifM.png

Here's just a taste of what to expect from your stay:

Large, comfortable library.

9sSwFDd.jpg

Pool side grilling.

TMWgbKL.jpg

Staffed kitchen with extensive menus with meal and drink options from most places in Tamriel!

61nSkBe.jpg

RULES

1. Be kind to your fellow guild members.
2. Keep NSFW out of the General chat.
3. Keep politics to private conversations.
4. Keep RP lore friendly. If you have an interpretation of the lore that may be a stretch, consult the community OOCly.

Guilds who want to use this retreat for private events or storylines must contact me in advance.
Guests must respect any ongoing events

We are recruiting!

Anyone with a mind to learn and teach is welcome to join our guild!!
@VehkHlaalu
@MegaGeekLizzy
giphy.gif
Posted Jun 23, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+692
Dfn5eH2.png

The Enlightenment Society is closing as a guild.

Thank you to everyone who has participated in our events!

In all forms of media we enjoy, particularly ones we participate in, we seek fascinating stories. By the by, this means creating stories and characters that are more interesting than real life. We thrive on writing riveting stores of our daring rogues, our legendary warriors and our uber-mages that allow us to live out a fantastical existence than we could otherwise live in the real world.

Political intrigue, sea faring and military campaigns are all lovely areas to write about that are usually more interesting than book-work. I believe it is for this reason that most of us, myself included, relegate clerks, cooks, and other more menial positions to the roll of NPC in our writings.

I still believe that there is a place for scholarly roleplay in our community, but I haven't found the right perspective or avenue yet. Again, thank you all for supporting this guild and participating. On behalf of the Enlightenment Societey, I bid you all a very fond farewell.

-Vehk

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
Posted Dec 21, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
NoticeNotices