• Light

Page
of 2

Mercer's Scribbles

11 replies
Sweetrolls:
+84
Hey y'all!

I'm not sure if this is the right area to post something like this but I've been wanting to explore more of my character Theowulf Mercer's backstory and would love to get some help from all your lovely people in the community. I want to do this much like 'snapshots' or 'drabbles', although I will not be adhering to a word limit because... I'm an edgy rule breaker! Just kidding! I just don't feel I'm good enough to write something awesome within a limit. So throw the rules out the window I say!

So here is what I am looking for! Post a picture, song, or sentence... something! And I shall hopefully get some inspiration and write a story from it for Mercer! Sound good? Good.

<3

You can find me at @BobaFetch in game or Boba Fetch#1425 on discord!
Posted May 19, 18 · OP · Last edited Jul 5, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+71
PC-NA
Yessss!

8b3.gif
NA-PC @Nixie
Posted May 19, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+84
Spoiler: Show

I guess slightly NSFW

Practice Makes Perfect

Click...

Click...

"Don't forget to keep the pressure up on the tension wrench." A woman breathily whispered in to the young man's ear.

Snap!

The wrench broke a few milimeters from the bend of the 'L'. The man - who looked to be either late teens or early twenties. A mop of brown hair falling to either side of his face, which could be described as conventially handsome. With one side of his hair being draped behind his extra long pointed ear, to which he had been mercilessly made fun of as a child. A Breton that was more mer than man. A metal ring hung from his septum and the metal ball beneath his lower lip looked like it had been freshly put there, the area still red and a little swollen. He wore cheap and loose pants that were tied off around the ankles so he didn't trip over them as he walked. His shirt was somewhere in the room but he had lost track of where he threw it. Intricate tattoos covered both his arms and had started to move on to his chest, some lines seemed unfinished, like he was still in the process of getting them.

He let out a not so silent curse as he threw the broken wrench off to the side, landing next to the increasingly larger pile of other broken wrenches. Mercer lightly banged his head on the lockbox set on the low table in front of him a couple times, groaning. He had been at this all night, only managing to unlock the box a couple times but each time, his 'friend' would attach a new lock to the box and walk away.

"Can I take a break?" The young Breton man asked plea-fully as he looked up to the woman, who had taken a place on the edge of a large bed. Dark purple linens were spread across it's surface. They looked to be rather expensive and very comfortable. Large posts surrounded the bed at each corner, propping up a thin white sheet that covered the top of them, creating a pseudo 'tent' over the bed.

The woman - whose appearance was rather trivial - She is a medium build, average height, long red hair gathered into a braid that hung over the front of her shoulder. She doesn't look particularly athletic, yet she seems strong, healthy and able, with a bit of baby fat to her face and arms. Her face is nothing out of the ordinary too, it seems full of life, with a vivid look of green eyes and healthy colour to her cheeks. Her skin is fair, but by the end of summer her skin gets a light pleasant tan, betraying the fact that she spends a lot of time outdoors. Her face right now is a mask of politeness and innocence, yet at times her lips curl a coy smile that betrays that she's more of a little trickster than one might think.
The style of clothing she choose to wear tonight left little to the imagination within the realm of decency. Her garments were dyed in vibrant colors and richly decorated with sequins, beads, strips of cloth and embroidery. Every movement she had was accompanied by the melodic jingling of said ornaments.

"That is the last lock, Theo." Her voice honey to his ears.

He took a deep breath, exhaling it with a long sigh before picked up another cheaply made tension wrench. They were clearly meant for practice but with how often they broke, it might of been less expensive to buy a few good quality ones as opposed to a ton of shit ones. He inserted the pick followed by the tension wrench and went to work again, his face a statue of concentration.

"And once you finish..."

Her voice coming out as a dark whisper as a piece of her clothing landed on the table beside the lock box. The suddenness of it caused Mercer to flinch but he managed to not break the wrench this time. His eyes flicked to the article of clothing and then up to her as she crawled backwards on to the bed, her gaze fixed on him.

"... You can have me."

Mercer couldn't help but watch as she removed more of her barely covering clothing and tossed them aside. His tongue flicking out to wet his bottom lip. Her eyes drifted to the lockbox and then back up to him, which finally broke the spell and he started working on the lock again with renewed fervor.

Posted May 25, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+745
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
cBmBSCe.gif
@RAVNIE PC/NA || RAVNIE#1760 @ DISCORD
TUMBLRCOMMISSIONS

CHARACTERS
RALENHEKTORARVIDHRIL
ELETHIA ARGOS MASTERLIST
Posted May 25, 18 · Last edited May 25, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+84

Puddles

The air always smelled so much better after it rained. The sky a little bluer after it finished trying to drown the land. The grass a little greener and shinier. Children running around, leaping in to the puddles that pockmarked the cobblestone roads with gleeful laughter. The world just seemed more alive after it rained. Anytime it happened, Mercer was happier. It was his favorite part of any day. Although today he was being forced to spend coin he didn't want to.

"Why do I even need a horse? I have no reason to leave the city."

"You will tomorrow. I got the group a job." A toothy grin passed over the woman's features. "Detin is already getting some supplies ready for us. It'll take us a couple days to get out to the location -on- horseback."

A groan escaped the man's throat before he could suppress it. "Filthy animals." He muttered under his breath, shaking his head, but he didn't veer off course as the pair headed towards the stables just outside the walls of Daggerfall.

The building - if you could call it that - was situated right up against the stonework. Open in it's design to allow the horses free reign to move to the shelter from their yard if they so choose. A pair of the animals stood grazing on grass, not a care in the world. The first; A jet black stallion, thick with corded muscles. The coat was beautifully shiny and well-maintained. The second and only other horse was a stark contrast to the former. A brown gelding, malnourished looking with a matted coat. It was clear which horse was favoured at this stable.

The 'stable master' was an lanky older Breton, wrinkles permanently creasing his creatures. The top of his head was devoid of anything but ring of bushy, grey hair ran around his scalp at just above his ear level. His clothing is simple rags, stained with dirt and other mysterious splotches. Seated in a creaky rocking chair on the porch of the tiny house that sat beside the stables, stuffing his pipe tobacco leaves. He glanced up as the pair approached, raking in their appearance.

Mercer with a rough leather cuirass, covering a dark tight fitting shirt with long sleeves that ended in a pair of leather bracers with strands of cloth wrapped around his hands, leaving his fingers uncovered. A long skirt like piece covered his legs that extended down to just below his knees and simple riding boots were worn on his feet. He was clutching a rather sizable bag that constantly but quietly jingled with coin. It was lucky they didn't get mugged on their way here.

Valery had a similar outfit to Mercer, albiet with a little less leather. She had no cuirass, instead opted for a ornate deep purple blouse, with loose sleeves that, like Mercer, were stuffed into leather bracers and cloth wrapped around her hands. Her pants; form fitting and black, disappearing in to thigh high riding boots. A long skinny sword rested in it's sheath that hung loosely from her belt. Her red hair looked almost orange in the sunlight but like usual, she had it tied in to a long braid.

"Waddya' want?" His voice already dripped with annoyance, it was far to early for visitors for him, despite it being a little before midday.

Mercer lifted the bag of coins and shook it a little. "Apparently I am buying a horse. You -do- sell horses yes?"

The demeanor of the stable master switched instantly. He pushed himself off his chair with surprising speed for a man of his stature. "You'll find no better horse than Garius here!" he motioned to the black horse. "Only twenty five hundred."

Mercer blanched and lowered his bag of coins. He looked back to Valery who was scrunching her face but smiled back him when she caught his eye. He motioned over to the gelding and sighed. "How much for the brown one?"

Once again the demeanor of the stable master switched. His face curled in to almost a snarl as he looked over at the inferior horse. "Five hundred." he chewed on the end of his pipe for a moment. "And I'll even throw in the saddle for free."

"Looks like we have a deal then." Mercer tossed over the bag of coins. "There is five thirty... ish in there. Buy yourself something pretty with the extra."

The older man fumbled a bit but managed to catch the bag. He gingerly opened it and started counting a few of the coins before either getting bored or figuring it looked like it was enough. He turned and tossed it on to the porch and then headed for the actual stables. He gathered a lead so that he could at least bring the horse to Mercer while he went and got the probably shoddy saddle he was throwing in for free.

As soon as the the gate opened, the gelding exploded in to action. He wasn't the biggest horse and despite how skinny he looked, he was fast! Even with small horses, it's best not to stand in the way of one that's charging. Mercer and Valery were thankfully on in it's path but the stable master had to jump out of the way. A loud curse was thrown before it was muffled when he hit the ground.

The brown horse took off down the road, turned like he was making for the wilds but instead jumped straight in to a puddle! It looked like he was trying to buck off an imaginary rider as it splashed around in the water and before long it flopped down, actually rolling around in it. It was having the time of it's life. Mercer couldn't help but smile.

He felt a nudge on his arm as Valery leaned. "Seems the horse has a few things missing upstairs. You and he should get along swimmingly then."

Mercer just turned to look at her with a 'how rude' expression but the smile tugging at his lips betrayed any feigned anger he was showing. She kissed his cheek and gave him a quick pat on the butt before moving to help the stablemaster gather everything they needed. Mercer however, walked towards his newly purchased horse with a cocked head as he watched the horse continue to play in the water.

As he arrived, the horse flopped around for a few more seconds and then moved to stand on all fours, standing directly in front of Mercer, staring at him. He let out a snort and stepped closer, nudging Mercer's outstretched hand with his nose. The Breton smiled from ear to ear, he already liked this horse.

"Alright, Puddles... want to get in to some trouble?"

Puddles let out another snort and started to prance around. This was the start of a something great.

Posted Jun 6, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+33
I love this idea. Cool stories.

Let's see what you can do with the following:

giphy.gif
Posted Jun 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+84

Portals Are Bad

"No."

"Just do it."

"No!"

"It's just a portal... You've gone through them before."

"Yeah, and each time I throw up either all the food I had that day or I dry heave til I start spitting out blood. No thank you. It's only a couple days back to Daggerfall. I'll walk."

The swirling vortex of a portal illuminated the small room the three rogues stood with a veritable rainbow of colours. Mercer standing near but looking at the nausea inducing death circle with disgust, his arms crossed over his chest.

His body covered from neck to toe in dark leather armour, a hood draped down around the back of his neck and half mask, hung tightly against his neck beneath his chin. Splatters of black liquid covered his clothing. The only thing obscuring his face was a thick black line of paint around his eyes. With this hood and mask up, it would help hide his features but still keep his vision unobstructed unlike wearing a full mask.

"Vale... I can't hold this open forever you know."

Sweat was dripping down the face of the mage in charge opening the means of their escape. The same black liquid still oozing down his dark robe like armour, mixed in with some of his own blood. He was injured, but only superficially. His hands extended towards the portal, his fingers splayed as wisps of magical energy flowed between him and the circle.

"Babe..." Valery's voice low and smooth. "We didn't kill everything on our way down here. Lots of angry dead things between here and the physical exit. You -really- want to go through the effort of sneaking back out?"

She reached a hand up to cup his cheek gently, the other hand placed on his chest. She began to walk around him, her fingers tracing lines across his body. Leaning up to whisper in his ear. "Just think of all the fun we can have once we get back home."

Mercer was a simple man with simple needs. It also didn't help that he was infatuated with Valery. If she asked him to jump off a bridge, he would ask how she wanted him to dive on the way down. Portals on the other hand, not likely. He closed his eyes to her touch, exhaling out a slow breath as he mulled the idea of going through the portal or taking his chances with what--

His thoughts rudely ripped from his mind as he felt himself get shoved roughly. He opened his eyes immediately but it was too late. He was already falling towards the portal. There was no way to stop his momentum. A moment later he was inside their hideout on his hands. The wave of nausea already overtaking him.

A couple seconds later, he heard the clatter of boots on the ground next to him and hands on his back. "Sorry, darling..."

Another set of boots landed on the floor beside him and then quiet laughter. "And now we play the game 'what did Mercer eat today.'"

"Screw you, Gerald. I hate you both so m--" he words cut off by a gag and then vomit exploding from his face. There was a small pause but before he could say anything else, another torrent of liquid drained out of his mouth.

Gerald placed a hand on Mercer's shoulder, with a firm pat. "You'll be fine, lad. Just think of how much coin we'll be making once we off load this artifact." He then walked away to set their prize on a nearby table.

Vale smirked over at their magically inclined friend as she gathered all of Mercer's hair to hold it away from his face. Vomit in the hair was not a fun thing to have. She knelt with him and waited until he was finished hurling up everything he had and then some and then wiped his mouth with a small square of finely made cloth before kissing him on the cheek.

"Lets go get paid."

Mercer just grumbled out a noise and pushed himself to his feet. "I hate portals."

Posted Jun 27, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+745
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
2xkiuCV.gif
@RAVNIE PC/NA || RAVNIE#1760 @ DISCORD
TUMBLRCOMMISSIONS

CHARACTERS
RALENHEKTORARVIDHRIL
ELETHIA ARGOS MASTERLIST
Posted Jun 27, 18 · Last edited Jun 27, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+34
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
giphy.gif
Amari Dornvale - Bosmer - Kvatch Gladiator - Artist
Posted Jun 28, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+980
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
giphy.gif

"Welcome my friend, sit down. I have a story to tell you about a woman who rose from the embers of nothing and created something beautiful."
-
The Covent | Dibellan Roleplay
Spirits Of Lore | Forum
-

Posted Jul 2, 18 · Last edited Jul 2, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices