• None
  • Light

Deep-Dive Writing and Character Development

3 replies
Sweetrolls:
+139
Do you have a shy, awkward bookworm character who just needs a warm, friendly person to coax them from their shell? Do you love to write and need an energetic writing partner? Do you love those quiet, character-developing moments that come after the swords are lain down? Does your character need a loyal friend?

Have I got an offer for you!

I type 100 wpm (which is a blessing in taut RPs) and I love nothing more than unpacking all the neat and gnarly little details about characters. I love writing out of game, discord RP, etc. My characters are; a very pleasant imperial priestess of Arkay and a personable Dunmer mage who likes ballroom dance. I don’t really have a “group”, you know what I mean, of folks who I devote my RP time to, with whom I group, etc. It’s summer and I have lots of playtime. I’m peripherally involved lots of awesome places but I don’t have that steady group of close RP partners that make the game so enjoyable, so that’s what I’m trying to develop.

This could be your opportunity to fiiiiiiiinally have that still-waters-run-deep or chronically underestimated character of yours get a new bff and some attention! Let’s do it!

PM, Echo#7485 on Discord, @EchoEchoEcho in game.

(Please forgive any iPad autoincorrect issues in my post.)
Posted Jul 10, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+139
I just want to add that historically, I have really enjoyed writing complex, deep storylines with some mystery and fun and action to them, so I'm not simply proposing night after night of tavern RP (no shade on tavern RP -- it's just not ALL I want!). What I'm looking for is a cohesive small group to do that stuff with, weaving story that propels characters forward over time, developing relationships, experiencing so much of what the actual game has to offer.

Maybe you're just one person who doesn't have a small group to invite me to hang with. Cool. With you, we're two! We'll keep shopping together and in the meantime, we will entertain the crap out of each other if you like my style of engagement. I do not tend to enjoy a lot of interpersonal constant character strife, though, just as a heads up. I want a group who like one another and are dedicated friends. I'd rather fight the bad guys and not your character!

*rubs hands together evilly, planning, planning, planning.*
Posted Jul 10, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+77
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
High Rock
Sounds like a cool idea! I'm sort of between RP groups at the moment, and a one or two RP encounters a week might do me some good.

What is your availability? I'm usually free in the late afternoon/early evening of weekdays. Can't RP late into the night, since I get up early for week. Weekends are mostly free, unless RL plans get in the way.

Suppose I should say that I RP an ex-cultist Breton who's got his own story going, so perhaps switching between character storylines would be ideal. Thanks!
Posted Jul 14, 18
Sweetrolls:
+139
Let's chat! That availability really works for me! Find me in game or on Discord and we can hammer it out!
Posted Jul 14, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
NoticeNotices