• Light

Page
of 2

[NA-PC] Sindasel - The Halls of Contemplation

11 replies
Sweetrolls:
+57
SindaselBanner.jpg

The secrets of the ancient library Sindasel were long coveted by Hermaeus Mora. The Demon of Knowledge pillaged the library and left it in ruins, but the Halls of Contemplation have since been reclaimed by the Orders that protect it. Now they need your help to rebuild Sindasel and to furnish its shelves with new knowledge.

Recruits may choose to join any of the three Orders:

The Order of Seekers

Seekers have a taste for adventure and a desire to shed light on the forgotten and the unknown. They delve into ruins to pry ancient texts and artifacts from the jaws of time, and bring them back to the library for cataloging and safekeeping. Some Seekers also travel Tamriel to draft maps of ancient caverns, abandoned keeps, and lost locales. The Order also contributes to library funds by recovering artifacts and books requested by Library patrons.

The Order of Whispers

Whispers embark on quests for knowledge of a different sort. They are not concerned with the wisdom of long-dead races, but instead with the secrets of the living, retrieving them and filing them away in Sindasel's vaults. Some are seemingly ordinary people who listen at closed doors, while others are cunning spies that get information through subterfuge. Whispers help fund for the library, and can be hired by anyone with enough gold, or knowledge to trade.

The Order of Keepers

The Keepers are perhaps the most essential Order of Sindasel. Not only are they the persistent researchers who make use of the hoards of information inside the library, but they are also its staunch defenders who protect it from anything ranging from petty thieves to Daedric monsters. Keepers must also take on the herculean task of keeping the library organized, and some of the magically gifted Keepers maintain a portal system so that Sindasel can be accessed from major cities across Tamriel.

Not all is well in the recently revived library, however. Hermaeus Mora has not forgotten Sindasel, nor the few precious tomes that were hidden from him, and the Daedric Prince will stop at nothing to take the library’s knowledge for his own.

Those who don’t want to join the effort to rebuild the library are invited to visit the library in Craglorn near Dragonstar to conduct research, chat with its denizens, or even just relax in the reading nook. Open Library events are held every other Wednesday at 7pm EST at @Dissentinel’s primary residence.

The Library of Sindasel is a small, story-driven RP guild looking to recruit experienced RPers. To join, either leave a reply here, travel to one of the Open Libraries and PM the front desk, or shoot @NemesisAOI or @Dissentinel a message IG. We also have a very close-knit Discord community with story collections, writing prompts, RP, and more!
Posted Jul 15, 18 · OP · Last edited Jul 15, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+57
Check out Sindasel at the Open Library event this evening! Visit the ancient library to conduct research, relax in the reading nook, or chat with the Library's denizens. All factions and races are welcome!
The event will be held at @Dissentinel's primary residence at 7pm EST this evening, and every other Wednesday in the future.
19.jpg
Posted Jul 25, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+10
The Library of Sindasel is open this evening! Visit the ancient library to conduct research, relax in the reading nook, or chat with the Library’s denizens.

All factions and races welcome! Held at @Dissentinel's Primary Residence in Earthtear Cavern. (ICly, in Craglorn, right outside of Dragonstar)

Contact @NemesisAOI for invite.
Posted Aug 8, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+365
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
Hew's Bane
Oh my! I'm so interested in this event. Sadly, my computer and i are separated by two hours of traffic ATM. Next week, and break a leg tonight!
Ishtazar Aw'Los || August Quintilla || Ashavastema

GL - The Stormchasers

Discord: WhiskyWilson#5887 || In-Game: @Terrhvnau
Posted Sep 5, 18
Sweetrolls:
+57
Thank you for the interest! Well, if you want to pop over this evening we are usually open till 10 or 11. Hope to see you sometime soon and godspeed through the traffic!
19.jpg
Posted Sep 5, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+4,858
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Hew's Bane
High Rock
What an absolutely lovely and unique place! I hope more of you will visit it... it's an obvious and amazing venue for those of a scholarly or even just curious bent!
enjin-1158862-9638302-blue.png
Posted Oct 3, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1
"The Library of Sindasel is a small, story-driven RP guild looking to recruit experienced RPers. To join, either leave a reply here..."

Err.... I suppose this counts as a reply. I am interested in joining the guild.
Posted Nov 1, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+57
Open Library will be this evening at 7:00 EST! For some reason it said 6:00 on the events calendar, but that time is wrong! Apologies for any inconvenience! Hope to see you all there : )

@Dissentinel#6704’s primary residence in Earthtear Cavern. ICly, the Library is just outside of Dragonstar in Craglorn.

PM if you need a group invite!
19.jpg
Posted Nov 14, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 14, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,558
Been to this before. Really great place, fun decorations. Highly recommended if your character is looking for a setting to find that 'one special book' for their research or adventure.
Posted Nov 14, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,232
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Keep meaning to get to this, but RL has been interfering. Someday!
Check out: MMO Artist's Collective Discord | Roleplay Community Location Listing

Looking for me?
ESO: @Rhoande - Discord: Rhoande#1942
Characters | Thris Elswor | T'Seme Darkwater | Careth Tal'Ora | Malshok |

Posted Nov 14, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices