• None
  • Light

Maormer Seradoa, the Traveling Maormer

9 replies
Sweetrolls:
+24
OOC: This is probably only my second character from ESO I've ever made a character sheet for. I appreciate and welcome all feedback and if things ever seem vague, it's because I really do not have a huge understanding about a lot of lore and such, so I feel limited to very basic things. I am also not great at formatting on enjin… With all that said if you're checking this out, I hope you enjoy my milky eyed fellow from the sea.
The Traveler
Race: Maormer
Name: Seradoa
Place of Origin: Somewhere in Pyandonea
Profession: Wandering laborer and part time, unpaid, bard...
Income: Very low
Backstory
What's a Maormer without an ocean beneath his feet? That is the question Seradoa sought out to find an answer to. Seradoa had grown up as a raider along the green coast of Valenwood. His father had been a diver--a covert pirate who would sneak aboard smaller ships as they drifted during nights and either tossed over any valuables, or murdered captains so the crew would be disorganized when the band of pirates came down upon them. He never knew his mother. Seradoa was taught by his father to be a diver, but his life changed when the man who taught him to swim never resurfaced one night. Being young by mer standards he still had dreams he wanted to pursue and without much conflict, he left the crew he had grown up knowing. His dream was to see what was so enticing in these lands the pirates' victims came from.
Special Capabilities

• Good swimmer
  • Sings relatively well
  • Navigator
  • Rugged Brawler
  • Experienced knife thrower
  • Juggling
Personality
Despite growing up as a plunderer, Seradoa does not posses too many similar characteristics to a typical pirate. He is not unnecessarily cruel or crass. He at times is an introvert until he knows someone relatively well, this could be a result of him being in an environment he is not too entirely comfortable in. For example he comes off as a much warmer being during boat rides and when he can smell the sea. His personality can best be described as sloppy when he is drunk, but he is not a very heavy drinker on land. Overall Seradoa tries to stay pretty neutral when it comes to race talks, religion, and politics, he has a "to each his own" take on them. Personally Seradoa is an observer over an instigator, wanting to take in the experiences happening around him instead of creating them on his own.
Things to Note

• Brand on left hand in the form of a half circle with a line through its middle
  • Shortened left hand index finger (rope accident)
  • The sword he carries has the name "Seradoa" on it, signifying that the sword belongs to him
  • Wears a leather band to hold the hair out of his eyes
Attached Images
Posted Aug 7, 18 · OP · Last edited Aug 7, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+116
Welcome to Corsair Club. The eyes and hair are looking good, but have you considered vampirism? It's not a perfect representation of Maormer skin, but it gets you much closer -- on the first stage -- and you can use certain cosmetics to reduce the red colouration around the eyes.
Posted Aug 8, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+24
Thanks for the advice! Yeah I was wondering ways to make him paler and hadn't thought about Vamparism. Will totally do that now.
Posted Aug 8, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Art
Sweetrolls:
+1,597
OVaOGiI.png

MARVELOUS
FUdp6jx.png

Art#1228 - The Viridian Mystery I | Sir Salazar Halt | Ra Akam at-Arridi

Poetics | Provoking Fear | An RP Guide for Magic | The Grimoire
Posted Aug 8, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+116
You are very welcome. Be sure to keep around a stack of Double Bloody Mara for whenever vampirism drops to stage 2. It bumps it right back to stage 1; and it's also a very decent endgame health/magicka buff.
Posted Aug 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+4,591
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Hew's Bane
High Rock
My attempt at a Maomer:
YGkNbBN.png
The vampirism does lend to the effect I think. I WISH we had access to the skin ZO$ has used in the game. But mostly because I feel like THAT is a better vampire skin than the actual vampire skin. An actual Maomer skin that will be available to players at some point has been datamined but it looks completely different from the skin they have used thus far and seems like it has the appearance of scales in some places. But who knows when we'll actually get that???
enjin-1158862-9638302-blue.png
Posted Aug 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+89
PC-NA
Wish I knew more about the Moarmer but I find very little lore about them. Are they another race of Elf? Or just Altmer pirates?
Elethia Delacourt: The Ghostly Healer
Posted Aug 9, 18
Sweetrolls:
+116
Another race of elf, locked in an ancient rivalry with the Altmer.
https://www.imperial-library.info/search/node/Maormer%20type%3Abook

As for the datamined fish scales, they're not actual Maormer skin texture, despite the misleading name. Instead, they are only seen ingame on the hulking mutants they used to occupy Sunhold, apparently created with dark magic, using sea serpents.
http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Snakeskin_Berserker

Lore-wise, they are supposed to be Altmer-height, which is why I think an Altmer base works better than a Dunmer one; although a very pale and greyish Dunmer skin tone might not even necessitate the use of vampirism. That said, the NPCs themselves have also been recoloured Altmer.
Posted Aug 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+89
PC-NA
ok awesome thank you! I've had people tell me that they are just Altmer pirates, but I thought I remember in a past game reading about them, and that wasn't the impression I got at all. Can't remember if it was Oblivion or Skyrim, but it was one of those 2 games.
Elethia Delacourt: The Ghostly Healer
Posted Aug 10, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+436
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Gold Coast
Summerset
Well, to keep on the topic of your profile BreBre I think you have a very nice character conceptualized here. It's nice to see a new Maomer being taken out for a spin and I hope to see them around in the game for RP too.
Posted Aug 13, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
NoticeNotices