[NA - Summerset] Revenge of the Princes

15 replies
Sweetrolls:
+1,252

REVENGE OF THE PRINCES
PART II
SUMMARY

rPxTC6B.jpg

The requested task force gathered at the guard house of the Crystal Tower on the third of Frost Fall, the Wizard Solinar discussing the threat of the Court of Bedlam in the Corgrad Wastes, with information suggesting that they were planning an attack against Crystal-Like-Law in some way. Deciding to stay with the Sapiarchs to help them in fortifying the tower gates in the event of that happening, he directed the group to randevu with Aicantar the Artificer, of whom was to guide them through to stop whatever the cultists were doing. The Artificer led them down into the wastes, though as they arrived there, the group encountered a few Bedlam cultists that told them to turn away then and there.

aVTOu0A.jpg

Naturally, the task force refused, and engaged the cultists at last. The skirmish lasted a short while, though were easily dispatched. Although, a golden glow was noticed in the distance, suggesting they were up to something rather dastardly. Signalling for his group to move forward, they did slowly. Though, suddenly, they were all ambushed when a Court of Bedlam agent charged a spectral horse at their numbers suddenly! Fortunately, the cultist was dispatched rather quickly, allowing them to confront what had appeared to be the Viscounts of the allied Daedric Princes.

9dkS9ER.jpg

Standing atop a platform of coral towards the edge of the wastes close to the sea, the Viscountess Serende remained in the center while the Viscounts Lorentir and Andarwe were beside her. The fragment of the last Sunbird placed out in front of them while the other cultists moved in to defend them all. Noting his past nemesis there, Aicantar taunted Lorentir while he allowed the rest of his party to assault the cultists present. The Viscounts would continue to channel their spell, attempting to unlock the latent energies within, eventually doing that successfully just before the group reached them at last. A majority of them attacked Serende, while Andarwe had moved in to take the now active fragment in hopes of protecting it from the others there.

THrsjtM.jpg

The Artificer then charged towards Lorentir with his Dwarven steam powered armor to fight him personally, easily combating his Daedric energies. All was going well for the task force, so it had appeared at least, with Serende and Lorentir practically defeated while Andarwe still defended the artifacts. Knowing that their failure was imminent by now, the Viscountess of Nocturnal turned on the others as she sent shadowy tendrils to envelop Serende, and choke the life right out of her.

QzEj8Xx.jpg

The rest of the party turned around in surprise when this happened, although did not try stopping her, the Viscountess of Mephala literally melting from the powerful shadowy forces into a skeletal figure. Unfortunately, this was not celebrated for long when Andarwe disappeared with the relics, suggesting that she had her own dark plans with those. Lorentir was left to his fate, his rival Aicantar not hesitating to give him a thrashing just after, though strangely letting his friend Vehk finish the Viscount of Clavicus Vile off there. With them now deceased and the Court of Bedlam defeated, they were allowed time to recover at last, though did take notice of stormy sounds coming from the east where the Crystal Tower was located. Not finding that anything was visibly wrong with the tower as they viewed it from where they were, they decided Andarwe was a worry for later, and dispersed to report to their respective groups on the events of the day.

Spoiler: Event ThemeShow

A huge thanks to all of those that attended this major portion of the story the other night! Special thanks to Trevalyn for playing the role of Viscountess Serende, Vehk for playing the role of Viscount Lorentir, and finally Nite for playing the role of Viscountess Andarwe! Thank you as well to Zarthil, VictorKrusnick, and Ulqiora for playing the generic Bedlam redshirts that night! The series will end in a third part next Wednesday, October 10, 9 EST. I’ll be posting more on that here later!
Posted Oct 5, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 5, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,252

REVENGE OF THE PRINCES

PcQwfBO.jpg

PART III

The Ebon Stadmont was always regarded as a place of great mystery on Summerset. A few legends say that a dark spirit of some sort has inhabited the enchanted twisting forest that many have gotten lost within. Andarwe, the Viscountess of Nocturnal, was no stranger to it though. This was the place she found her true calling in service to the Night Mistress years earlier after her family was destroyed. Now she has returned to fulfill her purpose to her at last.

After she entered the large sanctum at the center of the forest, Andarwe would slowly approach the azure glowing crystal in the center of the larger chamber there, watching it in silence. She extended her hands after a little while, a shadowy aura emerging as two items appeared in her hands after, the Book of Magnus and the glowing Sunbird fragment she had stolen. The shard was still pulsing with transliminal energy, ready for use from the ritual her and the other Viscounts had completed the other night.

The witch flipped open the book she held to a passage as she moved to touch the Sunbird shard with the central stone, speaking the words in ancient Aldmeris, a flash of light suddenly emerging as the fragment completely dissipated right there. Energies of a golden glow surrounded the central stone for a moment before she spoke her own words, this time in the strange language of the Ebon Stadmont, the golden energies suddenly turning into shadows. The ceiling would appear to dematerialize when the shadowy energies jetted upward, some of it fragmenting in what was now a darkly lit sky, the realm of Evergloam now coming into sight while Andarwe stepped away from the central stone.

A number of individuals dressed similarly to Andarwe then filed in as they gazed upon the large gateway to the realm of their Prince. “They’ll come for us all now.” A cultist told her. “I certainly hope you know that.” Andarwe laughed as she turned to face her fellow cultists of Nocturnal, responding. “I am well aware.”

Night fell upon the ancient forest, and it would not take long for those close to the Ebon Stadmont to notice the strange sky emerging above the area, leading to the various groups around Summerset to call for another task force to enter the place and to end this threat once and for all.

This is the third and final part of this series as well as a larger Daedric War story happening since July. The group will gather at the encampment just outside the Ebon Stadmont near the wayshrine there. This event is set for this upcoming Wednesday, October 10, 9 EST.
Posted Oct 7, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 7, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,252
The finale is tonight!
Posted Oct 10, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,252

REVENGE OF THE PRINCES
PART III
SUMMARY

WrLn1dq.jpg

Solinar gathered the requested task force to enter the Ebon Stadmont on the night of the 10th of Frostfall to deal with the threat within. The sky just above the area had become almost foreign, glowing with strange verdant and violet lights as arcane shadowy stars appeared to fall. After discussing a plan of action, the group entered, speculating that Andarwe likely had something to do with this.

hqIpza0.jpg

They found her quickly upon entering, the witch taunting Solinar and Vehk at first, until retreating further into the forest. The Wizard then attempted to pursue her quickly along with his party. Though, they were suddenly ambushed when a group of Whispering Shadows cultists and Wraiths of Crows sprung out from out of nowhere.

Zfmt8ec.jpg

Attacking the party from all sides, they were forced to defend themselves with haste, doing battle with their dark numbers at last. Following a quick skirmish with the cultists and the Daedra, the forces of Nocturnal retreated into the forest towards one of the portals. The group decided decided to pursue them through the portal after, though were quickly assaulted again as they entered.

qmxtf0C.jpg

Taking a few hits, they moved in to strike at one of the Wraiths while the others retreated in further again. Noting the sky above growing stranger as they progressed through, they decided to quickly push through. They chased the cultists and the Daedra to a large structure that appeared to be at the center of the Ebon Stadmont, a font of powerful dark energies pouring into the sky, forging a unique sort of gateway leading directly from Evergloam to Nirn.

ff5HVbQ.jpg

Strangely, the spawn of Nocturnal then retreated inward into the place, with the group following. After saying a last few words to his friends there in preparation, Solinar led the party through the entrance. Upon entering the sanctum proper, they found the ceiling had appeared to be fragmented away by shadows, the stream of dark energies they had noticed from afar spewing upward from a central azure glowing stone that was likely the anchor.

j9SMElo.jpg

Andarwe was present as they entered just in front of the anchor. Solinar approached her down the stairs with the rest of his party, first trying to reason with her, remembering a past encounter they had long in the past. The Viscountess of Nocturnal did not listen, and challenged the Wizard and his group to fight her and her own forces. They engaged in a lengthy duel with one another after, Solinar taking on Andarwe, while the rest of the group dealt with the cultists and Daedra. While they fought, what appeared to be a pitch black shadow slowly started to crawl down towards the group, and it was then that Andarwe revealed her plans to lure those that sought to oppose her and her Prince into one place to wipe them out then and there. The presence of Nocturnal would surround the walls as well as the entrance of the place, preventing any escape. Suddenly out of nowhere, a flash of Aetherial light from the top of the steps blasted the crawling shadows away from the group, the central anchor clear for them to assault at last.

eiHwgnO.jpg

Solinar noticed Andarwe panic and rush to defend the anchor, performing a quick short range teleport to grab onto her, telling his group to disrupt the stone to thwart the shadowy attack. The others rushed to the anchor with Vehk summoning the light of Azura to counter the energies of Nocturnal on the stone, the connection to Evergloam weakening until finally giving way altogether. The voice of the Daedric Prince then sounded angrily over the chamber at her followers, and when the mysterious figure at the top of the stairs ceased his spell, dark tendrils reached down and grappled the cultists and Daedra. Solinar tried holding onto Andarwe, hoping to save her from her fate, though she was pried away into the Evergloam as the gateway dissipated. The strange figure, which appeared an elder Altmer dressed in some sort of azure and gold attire, disappeared in a flash of light as well. The only left in the chamber were Solinar and his own party, save for the Telvanni that had personally disabled the stone, of whom strangely disintegrated after casting his spell. After picking up a few strange items that had appeared when the gateway above was shut, and recovering the Book of Magnus as well, Solinar used the rest of his magicka to summon his friends a portal to the Alinor Mages Guild hall to report what happened that night.

Spoiler: Event ThemeShow

Thank you to all that attended this finale of everything we have done since July! A huge special thanks to Nite for playing the primary antagonist for this, Andarwe, and then to Endaros, ViktorKrusnick, Ulqiora, and MildHotsause for playing assorted redshirts of Nocturnal as well! I’ll be posting up an epilogue to the story later!
Posted Oct 17, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 18, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,252

EPILOGUE

FFnKLj6.jpg

The events that followed the final confrontation in the Ebon Stadmont would live on in the memories of the Altmer for generations on end. Though it was done. The Daedric War was finally won and the Crystal Tower was safe.

Although, while many of his fellow mages started to turn their attentions elsewhere in Tamriel, the Wizard Solinar had a few plans now that the Book of Magnus was in his possession once again. The tome was levitated upon a pedestal in the ritual chamber of the Alinor Mages Guild hall as he turned the pages to a specific passage, the glowing rune in the center of the circle prepared, though what he was doing was not known. He was approached by an Apprentice of the Guild after a while, asking in a curious tone, “Pardon, Wizard, what is it you are doing if you do not mind my asking you?”

Solinar would just smile lightly, responding. “I am going home at last.”

“That far away?” The apprentice again asked.

“Not that far.” The Wizard responded with another smile, a hand reaching up to weave a spell as he incanted a ritual from the floating tome he had. A flash of aetherial light appeared over the glowing rune, a mystical portal opening there. “I’ll return in a little while, rest assured friend.”

The apprentice just blinked in confusion as Solinar reached over to take the book from the pedestal and move in to finally step through, the mage disappearing and the portal closing after.

After, the Wizard would find that he was standing on an island with ancient Aldmeri architecture surrounding the location, the shrubbery rather overgrown and ivy surrounding the central structure.

“Perhaps it is time to restore this place at last.” He spoke.

Though to his surprise, he was not alone, a voice suddenly emerging from nearby the Altmer. “You know I really think you should.”

Solinar turned rather abruptly to where the voice came from to find the same peculiar individual that saved him and his friends in the Ebon Stadmont that night. The mage was dressed in azure robes with some golden metallic portions, his hair shorter and white, his eyes a verdant hue much like his. Though most of all, the Wizard noticed his rather peculiar talisman with the glowing blue stone, and recognized that as the sigil of the Psijic Order right away.

“I never forget a face.” Solinar finally stated to the figure at last.

The older Altmer smiled knowingly. “I know you do not. And in the coming years you might find yourself revisiting a few... though just the old favorites, yes?”

Solinar just winked knowingly, turning up towards the structure with curiosity on his features.

“I locked this place away many years earlier.” The elder Altmer spoke again. “Long ago it served as a headquarters of a chantry of Magnus on Summerset, where they stored numerous ancient works and relics. Though, the Sload of Thras thought they could plunder it during the late First Era, and unleashed their plagues. All perished here save for my own family… your family, Solinar, and we held it since then. I thought I could protect what was in here by closing it all off to Tamriel, just like so many of my colleagues have done for themselves for so long.” He paused. “And they will continue to do so for quite a long while, I’m afraid.”

“You refer to the Psijic Order yes?” Solinar asked. “I know that a few of you were sighted recently. And you did come to help in the Ebon Stadmont.”

“The latter was done on my own accord. Fortunately, since we’re in a transitional stage now shall we say, not many noticed me step away to help a descendant and his friends not suffer a terrible fate to Nocturnal.” He laughed. “Though, I doubt they would really complain at all, since your repeated selfless actions and those of your associates have not gone unnoticed.”

Solinar blinked at that, asking softly, “What are you saying?”

“That we are grateful to have those like yourself and your friends to hold the darkness in check while we remain so far away.” The elder stated, then offered Solinar a rather fond smile. “You have a lot of work left, and we sadly cannot stay here to assist, nor can I either.”

“So I should restore this place then, and use it to protect the people of Tamriel from threats like this last?”

“That is entirely up to you. I trust you to always do the right thing in the end, though. We are a lot alike. Now go forward Solinar, all of this is yours now, regardless of what you will decide.”

“Thank you, Arcinor, or should I say great grandfather…?” Solinar just laughed. “I’ll try to make your proud either way, though.”

“I know you will.” The elder just smiled again, then disappeared in a puff of mystic light.

Solinar would just smile at that, his attention turning towards the ancient structure once he was gone, and start to make his way up the steps to finally enter.

Spoiler: End ThemeShow

CREDITS

Thank you so much to all that attended this series and the past Daedric War arcs that we have done! I spent a lot of time building up to this in past event stories I did, starting planning as early as the Summerset PTS. Though you guys were really what made this all fun, the attendants and redshirts alike, and was really happy with how this turned out in the end.

I must still give special thanks to the following people: Nitewalker314 for playing Andarwe. Vehk for playing Talidor and Lorentir. hedgie for playing Serende. Viktor the Greywalker , Zarthil, Ulqiora, and MildHotsause for playing assorted redshirt alts. Horizon Seeker for doing all of the character profile cards and for redshirting as well.

Although this was the last series I’m doing for the Daedric War and likely for Summerset, I have a few RP projects I am hoping to do later, which I’ve perhaps hinted at shamelessly just earlier. This was the last larger event story I will be hosting on ESO-RP for a long while though. I thank all of you again for helping end this on a solid note!

wuaQGX0.jpg

Aicantar was preparing for his long Airship voyage back home to the Artificer’s Enclave in Vvardenfell as he gathered his belongings from the Lillandril estates of his father. “Now to start planning that next Grand Expedition…” Suddenly, a knock would sound at the entrance.

“I swear to the gods if it is someone trying to question us again…” He grumbled while moving towards the front door to open it slowly. “We do not want any… wait, you’re not a Sapiarch or Justiciar or an annoying solicitor… right?”

Just outside the door was a member of the Mages Guild with what appeared to be a package of some sort. “Not at all sir.” He responded. “Actually, we were hoping that you could perhaps shed some light on this. The Wizard Solinar found it at the Ebon Stadmont after ending the threat there.”

The Artificer reached into the package to procure a couple of things. A simple drawing of a blue bird on a strange sort of parchment was the first thing he had noticed, though, the next was a peculiar metallic plaque with writing engraved onto there. Reading the words, his eyes just widened in surprise. “HE’S ALIVE!” He suddenly shouted.

“What is this mean then?” The mage asked as he tried to observe the plaque.

“Elarian, my grandfather, HE’S ALIVE. He’s in the Clockwork City, though he’s ALIVE.” Running in the house and shutting the door on the bewildered Guild Mage there, he ran straight upstairs, locating his father. Dalion sat there in his study reading over a few texts before spotting his son approach rather suddenly. “Are you alright son…?”

The mer then smiled rather warmly and offered the plaque over for his father, taking it to read it through, emotion swelling now on his features as he set it down on the table just in front of him there.

L2S2Yvx.png
The artwork for this was done once again by Nite!
Posted Oct 21, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 21, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+45
It was a lot of fun getting to play a part in all of this, so big thanks to you, Solinar, for planning everything out!
Posted Oct 21, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices