"There are three absolute truths... the stronghold, the grudge, and the fury of Malacath."
"There was a time when our clan would do the work of the Covenant. We swallowed the foul taste of calling ourselves allies with our traditional enemies in order to guarantee Orsinium would rise again. We followed Kurog. We were misled. We were deceived. We were nearly destroyed by keeping our eyes in the distance and never looking at what was right in front of us. An old grudge festered and by all rights we should be dust... but we aren't. We are Orsimer. We do not die so easily. And so we have not. Mor'Grumaar rises again and this time we stand for ourselves.... Clan Grumaar. We stand for our people... for the Orsimer. We stand for our home... for Wrothgar and for Mor'Grumaar! Let no one think that they can best us, for surely cannot!"
Founded in the months prior to the Elder Scrolls Online's launch, Mor'Grumaar was one of the first Orcish Roleplay Guilds to thrive in this community. For the longest time the guild went dormant as members left and went to other games or pursued other interests within ESO. Years later Mor'Grumaar was revived under the Orcs of Tamriel Hub Guild, but ultimately it has been decided that there is too much potential, and so Mor'Grumaar as a guild rises again!
We are first and foremost a roleplaying guild centered around a clan of Orsimer people. Make no mistake, we follow the lore of a traditional stronghold with a number of important changes to better facilitate a functional guild where its members can embrace their creativity and storytelling. Elements of our lore involve a chieftain who is far more open minded about families being allowed in his stronghold outside of his own, an embracing of all orcs and not just the most traditional. While the leadership in RP may expect the clan's members to gradually learn the ways of their people, we are not against bringing Orsimer that come from atraditional backgrounds such as city orcs or even those who follow the likes of Trinimac. Of course that comes with a caveat, and that is that choices and consequences - whether simple background stories or choices in guild RP - matter.
At it's heart, Mor'Grumaar is here to provide an immersive backdrop for its members - a living breathing stronghold that will have stories told about its members from the newest of new bloods to the chieftain himself. Everyone has a role to play, and everyone who joins us will get to experience a guild that has years of history behind it.
Our goals are as follows:
- To foster a heavy and lore appropriate roleplaying atmosphere for those who play Orsimer of a traditional origin. While there are some changes to the traditional stronghold within the clan, it is largely kept in the spirit of what we know about the Orcs via questing in Wrothgar and even in TES5 (albeit without the history!)
- To provide a sanctuary for those that wish to roleplay a barbaric character and may not have many options outside the traditional "everyone bands together" fare or the mercenary companies.
- To provide a unique experience for the member base that cannot be found anywhere else. In a sea of noble houses of both man and mer, of monstrous vampire dens and criminal underworlds, we are going to provide a place where those who want to embrace their inner orc and immersive themselves in the culture of this proud warrior race.
The guild is in a full rebuilding phase. A new enjin site is on the way, and we have a discord server. If you are interested, first you should be aware of exactly what we are looking for:
- Orc Roleplayers. We want you if you play an Orc and want to join a clan. We are not going to be accepting other races at this time. Right now the stronghold is engaged in a build stage in which they are looking to bolster their numbers with strong Orcish Arms. Fully traditional Orcs are not required so long as players understand that their character may be regarded as different by his or her peers.
- Activity as a must. We are going to host many RP nights, Events, Content Nights, and casual unplanned get togethers every month. Alt characters are expected to attend at least three of these in a given month while main characters are expected at least four. We understand that not everyone can attend everything, nor do we expect it, but we highly encourage players to participate and embrace everything we will be offering!
- Maturity. We will not allow anyone under 18, and we ask that all members remember that they are adults. OOC drama will not be tolerated, while IC drama will be welcomed! Folks should come to the officers if they have any problems with other members and handle any OOC conflicts with maturity.
Here is who to contact:
@Rykoth (in game,) Rykoth#4587 (discord)
@dastardlygentleman (in game,) DapperOrc#7182 (discord)
@Athryie (in game,) Athyrie#8690 (discord.)