Mor'Grumaar - Orc Stronghold - Heavy Roleplay

16 replies
Sweetrolls:
+512
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Wrothgar
Bl5QLpZ.jpg

With the Chieftain missing, and word of a possible attack against their southern stronghold, Khurza gra-Bogroth gathered a war party consisting of Brekkt, Morgrub, Ghorzul, Warlug, and Zulagra, and traveled to the southern wilderness of Wrothgar. What they had discovered... was far worse than any could have imagined. Old Mor’Grumaar had been all but leveled to the ground, and with it, over half of the Grumaari clan that resided within its reinforced walls... Including Hearth-Wife Aza.

Amidst the rubble and smoldering ash, a dying soldier relayed what had transpired at the old stronghold. “They fought like savages, but appeared like wolves,” he had said, only moments before taking his last breath. The destruction of Old Mor’Grumaar had been carried out at the hands of Morthog the Cruel... In that fleeting moment, Khurza, the Chieftain’s blood sister, realized where the Chieftain had likely gone to hide his shame and plot his vengeance for his clan’s heavy loss.

Their journey was a short one as Khurza led the war party along an icy, mountainous path toward the shrine of Malacath. A narrow bridge separated them from the shrine itself, and it was at the foot of this bridge that the orcs began to dismount and cross the old stone structure. Khurza and Brekkt took the lead. Ahead, the silhouette of a broad warrior stood alone. It was Thrusk. The Chieftain was indeed alive, and there he stood, whispering curses and promises of vengeance for his clan.

Upon his return to the mountain fortress in Northern Wrothgar, Thrusk gathered the very orcs who had discovered the fate of Old Mor’Grumaar. Standing at his throne in the feasting hall, the orc Chief stood with a grim, fiery glare as he addressed his remaining kin; many of which were newcomers brought about by his sister, Khurza, in his absence.

By command of the Chieftain, the brothers, Morgrub and Kaldrog, were named Blood-Kin, after having proven themselves loyal to the Grumaari clan. Brekkt, the Agra Crun, led the ceremony by having each brother offer their blood into a basin of coals. They lit the coals, emitting a brilliant spark as flames engulfed the basin. A smoky plume took shape of the clan’s symbol and rose from the embers as Warlug, Ghorzul, and Zulagra stood as witnesses of the Blood-Kin ritual.

Shortly after, in the inner chamber of the mountain stronghold, the Trinimac priestess, Zulagra gra-Garim, no longer viewed as a heretic by majority of the clan, was granted equal standing as clan council by the Chieftain... Despite the clan’s loss, there was something yet to be gained. A small price for loyalty. What is in store for Mor’Grumaar as the days pass? Only time will tell...

lIMXw1H.png

Mor'Grumaar is recruiting orc roleplayers of all backgrounds, and although the clan is of the traditional Malacath-worshipping sort, they welcome city orcs and followers of Trinimac among them. The stronghold is loosely traditional, with more in-character freedoms. The last thing we want to do is limit anyone's roleplay! We are a very relaxed, but heavy roleplaying guild with a focus on creative writing and storytelling. An orc stronghold is not without strife and conflict, and these are themes that can build powerful stories. If you are interested in getting involved in orc roleplay, apply here. The orc roleplaying community is not very large by any means, but we value quality over quantity. Don't be deterred if you are unfamiliar with orc lore, as we are always willing to help new orc roleplayers with their lore questions! We look forward to reviewing your application! <3
@Athyrie xxxxxx Athyrie#8690

Zulagra gra-Garim xxxxxx Mor'Grumaar xxxxxx Illia Andronicus

Posted Jan 16, 19 · Last edited Jan 18, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,019
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
I just want to give a shout-out to this guild. I've only roleplayed with them a couple of times, and by that - I mean with one person thus far (I've been a little busy this week) - however, I feel very much at home already. The Discord is friendly, the players are helpful (dropping me little hints in roleplay for Orc lore without me having to ask and not making me feel stupid), and allowing me to kind of wiggle in with my own story that can sort of tie in with what is going on in the guild itself. I genuinely look forward to more!

I've really only been in for a short couple of days, but the folks are great writers (in-game and over Discord) and the story is strong. If you're looking for Orc fun, whether you are experienced with the lore or not, you can find it here! It's small, and there's is definitely quality over quantity - which is one of the best things about it.

Make an Orc.
Posted Jan 17, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+512
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Wrothgar
It just so happened that, during a conversation between Chief Thrusk and his council in the inner chamber, the newly appointed Oathsworn, Kaldrog gro-Dushlug arrived at the Grumaari's mountain stronghold with Ortwog gro-Gorbakh, a former soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant. Kaldrog and the outsider said to have fought against one another in the walls of Orsinium. The eager city orc claimed to have spent too much time in Breton lands, and in Zulagra's opinion, appeared to be displaced and out of touch with his own kind.

Ortwog, in a moment of sheer excitement, charged across the chamber at the Chieftain, startling the priestess and causing the Agra Crun to draw his weapon on the stranger as he slammed himself into Chief Thrusk... This, of course, did not make the greatest first impression. It was a rocky start for Ortwog, yet he showed a desire to prove himself to the clan. In time, he will either gain the favor of the clan, or be forced to return to Orsinium.

Much to the surprise of many, a familiar face had descended the corridor steps. Her gait was slower than usual, weak, as she had suffered grave injuries... But that did not stop the Chieftain from pulling his Shield-Wife, Nazulbesh gra-Shad, close in an embrace. Despite the clan's many losses recently, the sight of Nazulbesh was one that instilled hope in those who had immediately recognized her.

Before the night had concluded, the estranged Hunt-Wife of a distant clan, Urza gra-Durak, appeared in the inner chamber, having recovered from injuries of her own. Chief Thrusk introduced the huntress to those who remained in the chamber. The Grumaari seemed to take an interest in Urza's plight. Brekkt gro-Durrash of the Agra Crun assured her that he, too, would aid the Hunt-Wife in seeking the Blood Price for her own losses.

It would seem the Grumaari clan has a growing list of vengeance to seek...

i4SvUym.png

Interested in orc roleplay? We're recruiting fellow orcs! Simply apply here to get started! We strongly encourage you to bring your own stories to the table! Not only do your stories matter here, but your character's actions affect what happens to the clan as a whole.
@Athyrie xxxxxx Athyrie#8690

Zulagra gra-Garim xxxxxx Mor'Grumaar xxxxxx Illia Andronicus

Posted Jan 18, 19 · Last edited Jan 18, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,121
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
Wrothgar
L2fsu2D.png

"We have suffered losses before. Corpsehewer sacked our stronghold twice, and each time brought us closer to the edge. But we revenged him. We are stronger for it. Now we face an enemy that is far worse. Our southern outpost razed, my hearth wife taken from all of our lives. We face an enemy that wears the face of an Orc but has the spirit of a rabid wolf. And yet... perhaps he is not our greatest foe. Our greatest foe has no feelings. No emotions. No honor nor treachery. Our greatest foe shows no mercy. The winter is cruel, and it is here. If we want to avenge our fallen, we must not only cut down our enemy, but overcome the bitter cold."

This Friday, Mor'Grumaar begins its winter campaign, the Cruel Winter! The stronghold must endure the elements and the attacks of its hated enemies while making difficult choices. Featuring a morality system that will affect the outcome of the campaign and a rolling system to determine the severity of winter's wrath! If you are interested in joining us, don't hesitate!
96URpu2.png
Posted Jan 21, 19 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,121
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
Wrothgar
It is now February 2nd. Which means our recruit drive is over! I would like to announce that *active recruitment is closed temporarily.* What this means is that we are focusing on the members we have recently recruited - integrating them into the guild, getting their intros done, and ultimately involving them in the grand scheme of things! That said, this does not mean we are not accepting recruits - but rather we are going to be more selective now! If you are interested in joining us there is going to be a process.

1. Go to morgrumaar.enjin.com as directed to anyway. Make sure you read up on us, read up on our rules, and if you're new to Orsimer lore, definitely do a little homework. That last part is not required but it *will* help you, especially if you're new to ESO-RP and especially if you're newer to roleplaying in general.

2. Apply to the guild via the site. After you apply officers will look at your application. A really strong application is likely to result in a quicker response as there will be little debate necessary. We encourage people to really think and dig deep into their creativity while applying!

3. After your application has been accepted you'll be granted a discord invite where you'll have a chance to ask questions and start networking with the guild. We'll also throw you an in game guild invite.

4. From that point you will have two weeks to figure out an introduction to the guild. These introductions are meant to be special, to give your character a reason for joining the stronghold. We encourage folks to think of a creative scenario. The introduction is about you, the new player and how you'll find your place within. If an introduction fails to manifest within two weeks of joining, you will be removed from discord and the guild and you must reapply! If you're not going to be available after joining, please let us know before hand so that we can factor that in to our recruitment process - as Orcs are a small enough sub group, we do not want to recruit members who are not going to log on!

As a side note: all members are required to participate in at least three roleplays with the guild a month to keep up activity! This can events, casual RP nights, etc. But we want our guild to be active and we want our member base to be as such!

That said I would like to welcome the following members to Mor'Grumaar over the month of January!

Ghorzul gro-Largash
Ortwog gro-Gorbahk
Urza gra-Durak
Gula gra-Largash
Gurak Zolbob
Morn gra-Urzgrom
Akarah gra-Shar
Kurdokk gro-Burgak
Lum gra-Yashna

Here's to another month of proud Orsimer glory being brought to Wrothgar, the Dragontails, and Tamriel! The Cruel Winter Campaign is moving along. And because I cannot resist, I would like to offer the following teaser for what's coming in #SeasonoftheDragon:

EbxfQRu.png
96URpu2.png
Posted Feb 2, 19 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,121
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
Wrothgar
March 9, 2019

FR2g1Xf.jpg

The state of the clan is strong, but it can always get stronger! Our plot "The Cruel Winter" abruptly came to a conclusion as the Grumaari converged on Morthog the Cruel's outpost and slew him and his pack. A number of refugees from Skyrim have come to live among the Grumaari and have found their place and while some cling to cultures not their own they begin to learn the clan's ways and thus be made into stronger Orcs for it!

Our most recent venture however has been in attending the Ra Gada Olympiad. And though many have misgivings with the natives of Hammerfell, the respect was shown and hospitality granted.

Coming up in March we have our first Night of Sworn Oaths, a guild only event in which Unproven Members may take the Blood-Oath and become Blood-Kin. Later on this month is the Wrothgar Forge Night, a community event in which Orsimer Craftsmen seek to show outsiders the secrets of Orcish metalwork.

Coming soon, more Orsimer will be spotted out in the open world. With winter breaking there will be hunts, challenges, raids, and expeditions in the name of the Grumaari!

Spoiler: More Mor'Grumaar in HammerfellShow
96URpu2.png
Posted Mar 9, 19 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,121
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
Wrothgar
UqL7LiW.png

On Sundas, the 10th of First Seed, Mor'Grumaar held it's first Night of Sworn Oaths, a ceremony to recognize those who have joined our clan and are worthy to take the Oath of the Crun Voshu, the Blood-Worthy. Of those Unproven who stood before the Chieftain, his Shield-Wife, his Council, and his Oathsworn, four were called to take the blood oath.

Congratulations the following:
Akarah gra-Shar
Lum gra-Yashna
Urza gra-Durak
Bar'aka gro-Agamaggan
96URpu2.png
Posted Mar 13, 19 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2