+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
ggorx1y.png

WORK IN PROGRESS
MESSAGE ME IF INTERESTED IN HELPING CREATE

18+ Heavy role-play guild centered around a small chapter of the greater Morag Tong primarily based in Mournhold and the surrounding Deshaan region of Morrowind controversially headed by a human. Dark themes - murder, gore, organized crime, daedric worship, narcotic usage, prostitution & slavery.

• All you can RP available - just ask!
  • Excellent opportunity for advancement and promotion for active and engaged members. You won't sit as a low tier assassin forever.
  • Story-driven plot lines based around Morrowind and beyond, to include political play, organized crime, exploration, combat, drama, and much more!
  • Grim and realistic themes as mentioned above. Underworld-type living. Morrowind is not an easy place to live.
  • Need some one to play ESO with? OOC events to include dungeons, trials, dailies, and more for willing members!
  • Actions have consequences. This isn't a safe-place. Play stupid games and win stupid prizes - you influence the game world with your choices and actions. Death is a certain possibility. What fun is it to play an assassin when there isn't a risk in anything?

CONTACTS:
@Blade_Cairan (ESO)
@Blade Cairan#3828 (Discord)
This Thread

lpYJNVP.png
Who is the Morag Tong, one might ask? A good question, I'll tell you. Depending upon who you ask, you may receive a different answer. Honorable warriors who follow an ancient code of murder. A secret society that revels in the art of assassination. Psychotic Daedric cultists. Thugs who make coin killing people... Whatever one might think of the Tong, there is one thing that I could tell you is fact. This ancient Dunmeri organization is shrouded in mystery. According to the Tribunal Temple, the Daedric Prince Mephala had founded the Morag Tong in the early days when the Chimer existed on Nirn - To teach defense, and to also eliminate your enemies. Some argue that the Tong was nothing more than a cult. Whatever the case may be, the Morag Tong exists today as an established and respected organization often spoken of in hushed whispers and a hint of fear. Through the first and early years of the second Era, the Morag Tong made itself into prominence through Morrowind's bloody House conflicts, quickly establishing the writ system and a reputation as peerless killers and assassins. Only when the Morag Tong had assassinated the Imperial Emperor Reman III had they rose into the peak of power - expanding themselves throughout Tamriel and seen as an actual 'Guild' of assassins. The Tong's reign continued for some time until year 324 of the second era, where the Potentate who had originally ordered Reman III killed, was assassinated himself by the Tong. Because the guild was over-confident and prideful, it is said the words 'MORAG TONG'' were scrawled on the palace walls in the Potentate's own blood. This sudden turn and assassination of another high-profile individual caused the nobility of Tamriel to fear the Tong to an extent where they thought they were in danger. Soon after, throughout the provinces of Tamriel, the Morag Tong were seen as criminals - forcefully cast away from their holdings in Tamriel. Hunted and eliminated, only to remain in the smallest of presences in their homeland of Morrowind - hiding in the shadow. The Morag Tong remained out of sight ever since. During this time of silence, another notable yet younger guild of assassins arose known as the 'Dark Brotherhood'. Some claim the Brotherhood to have spawned from the ashes of the once great Morag Tong. Today, the Morag Tong remains small and splintered. Chapters continue to exist throughout Morrowind, but because of what had transpired and their negative reception in greater Tamriel, the Morag Tong remains hidden. Little cooperation exists between chapters, where some may be wealthier with greater influence and more members than the other.

Essentially, the Morag Tong, translated into Common Tongue as 'Foresters' Guild', is a secret society and organization largely comprised of Dunmer that calls Morrowind home. Formerly, they were the only 'legally sanctioned' organization of assassins in Tamriel. Traditionally, the Morag Tong worships the Daedric Prince Mephala through their work, celebrating in murder and subterfuge.

ex71Zrz.png
Hello and well met! As you have already ascertained from the title of this little thread, this is an ESO RP Guild based in the NA server depicting my view of a smaller chapter of Morag Tong members who have a base of operations in the City of Light and Magic, Mournhold. As briefly described above, this guild aimed towards 18+ with darker themes that explore the creative side of organized crime, killing, gore, daedric worship, drug usage, slavery & trafficking, prostitution, and some more. If you are sensitive to such topics I do not suggest you join this guild as there will be many references through characters and beyond in RP. Although Morrowind is a beautiful place with much to explore, there is always a darker side and I firmly believe that the Morag Tong, especially during their fall in second Era, dabble in such an underworld at least to some capacity. In this role-play, in order for me to conduct it properly without claiming myself as Grandmaster I have chosen to base the guild around being a smaller chapter rather than the Morag Tong itself as I know there are many out there with a history in the Morag Tong or are currently active members who do not wish to join a guild/are unaware of such thing. I do not want to dictate anything about peoples' characters so therefore this will remain as a smaller chapter that's branched from the main Morag Tong. My idea is that because of the splintering of the Tong after their assassination of the Akiviri Potenante, the Tong is completely split. Between their underground war with the Dark Brotherhood, dealing with their broken legality outside of Morrowind, and possible tension from the Tribunal Temple in their weakened state, I can most certainly seeing the Tong split with multiple chapters across Morrowind & beyond varied in both number and power. Some may perhaps slit off to form their own little thing that probably doesn't last a while while others perhaps absorbed into the Dark Brotherhood. Or some maybe even stayed with the same ideals as the Morag Tong had prior to their downfall, only to be reabsorbed by the organization as a whole as they come back into prominence into the Third Era. This particular chapter of the Morag Tong is currently under new leadership, controversially a Nordic human who managed to rise to the rank of Master after the previous Chapter Master died in a Dark Brotherhood sting. The new Master must overcome her lower expectations and discrimination by her fellow members if she is wanting to succeed as a chapter and help return the Tong to it's former glory. It is up to you as a member and a role-play whether or not you support her and the chapter. Non-Dunmer are in fact allowed, as the Morag Tong does value skill over racial background. They are above racism. That is not to say there will not be any segregation or discrimination. But in this particular chapter, the Master will make an effort to stomp it out. Finally, I'd like to say that this guild is still in the process of it's creation. We do not have a discord or a website yet but once I get up off the ground a little and start things running we will soon be up there with all of the amenities other guilds possess. Thank you for your time, and if you are interested in helping me create this in my vision please send me a message here, in game, or over Discord. My information is located on my profile.

oUixiaL.png
First of all, thank you for your interest in the Guild. As I mentioned a couple of times above, the Guild is still in the process of being created and at the moment I am a one person band with creating the lore and backstory. I will need some assistance if I want this idea of mine to flourish, and that's where you come into play. I understand many people already wish to enlist into a guild that is established but I am offering higher leadership positions for the first few people who offer their assistance if they so desire. Otherwise you're more than welcome to wait until it's up and running. That all being said... To join the Morag Tong, one must either seek them out through hearsay or rumor and offer themselves to the particular Chapter Master who will judge their figure OR have the Morag Tong personally invite you into it's ranks. Either or can work for a character and I am very flexible with how newcomers join. Otherwise you are free to make a character who already has a history with the Tong, or your character could already be a member. It's up to you and my job is to cater to what you desire. Non-Dunmer are welcome in this particular chapter of the Tong, and as the Guild grows there will be more information provided as far as roles go. For the ranking structure, we will be following the traditional ranks introduced in TES III, which I will list below. No one will proceed past the rank Master.

Associate
Blind Thrall
Thrall
White Thrall
Thinker
Brother
Knower
Master
Exalted Master
Grandmaster

OOC to join at this time, all you must do is reach out to me.
Posted Oct 1, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 4, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
Little teaser posted - stay tuned for more as I come up with more of the thread and information. Thanks :)
Posted Oct 1, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
Post updated with further information OOC as well as how to join both IC and OOC. It's about done for now, to get the word out there. However work behind the scenes continue. Next update will possibly be imagery as well as it's own enjin site, whenever I get around to that. Taking my time with this project. But do know that the more people on board, the faster it'll come along :)
Posted Oct 1, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
Bullet points added and contact information added for those interested. The guild has been created in ESO. However because of the daunting interface enjin provides for website creation it may be a little while until I decide to go ahead with any sort of website. Discord server will be made upon receiving more people.
Posted Oct 4, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
In the process of creating a D&D-type character sheet for members which is heavily inspired through the TES Oblivion character skills and attributes. Intended for use in guild-internal plots, I have a rough idea of how the system will work as far as giving advantages and disadvantages through combat and beyond for characters. I'm still figuring out the point allocation for attributes and will be modifying it for a little while until complete.

Discord will not be made until six express their interest and investment.

I am leaving for personal endeavors on Monday, Oct 8th for approximately 3 weeks. I will not be able to log in game but I will still have internet through mobile means, so I am still reach-able in the event you are interested for recruitment or have questions. I do not anticipate any plots to start until mid December depending upon how many people are interested by that point.
Posted Oct 6, 18 · OP · Last edited Oct 6, 18
Sweetrolls:
+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
Reminder that this is still a thing. Work just gets in the way some time. Normal startup operations will resume come November 3rd. Recruitment remains open.
Posted Oct 18, 18 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
Now that I am home, I will continue to work on this.
Posted Nov 3, 18 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
Recruitment remains wide open for any interested. This weekend I will work on building the site along, hopefully I will have the patience this time.
Posted Nov 7, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
Little bump.
Posted Nov 27, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+130
PC-NA
High Rock
Morrowind
Skyrim
New Years bump... So it is clear that there is a lack of interest. Which is fine. Perhaps my thread making skills are sub par which doesn't make it look very interesting, my activity is low due to work, or my connections are limited. Probably a mix of it all. Either way, do note that this is still a thing. However because I will be gone mid January to March, nothing will happen for the first part of 2k19. No expansions, no RP, no recruitment. (Not like I have anyone to begin with.) When I return, I will resume my plans for the guild despite how slow it's going. Please do not hesistate to reach out to me if you are interested. I don't bite hard. At least I try not to. Happy new year.
Posted Jan 1, 19 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices