And lo did mighty Heimverlund
come from the brutal north,
like a storm of unbridled vengeance
from Sovngarde itself.
~ The Storm Call (Strun Word Wall)
In the second era, a cadre of sellswords traveled in search of dangerous artifacts of power and knowledge. Ostracized by the established Guilds, this collection of misfits and eccentrics became the terrors of Nirn. They were called The Stormchasers.
- United in Exile -
The Stormchasers are a new guild with a desire to grow their ranks. We draw from themes of "not fitting in" and "being monstrous, but not necessarily evil," and have a military misfit unit motif, similar to The Black Sheep Squadron and the A-Team. That means while you get the camaraderie of a military-styled guild, you'll find none of the rank pulling, bureaucracy, and stringent adherence to protocol and tactics with the Stormchasers.
The Stormchasers are not your average daedra hunters. Our focus isn't to protect Tamriel or to gain prestige. Instead, we are driven collectively by an insatiable hunger for arcane knowledge and power. The power may be used to protect the innocent and powerless or used for selfish pursuits. This desire has driven some in our ranks to make pacts with the darker, more dangerous beings of Nirn. As a result, the charges of being monsters and cultists may not be untrue for some. However, even those who have gone to extremes in their quests make efforts to conceal it in public spaces.
- Off The Rails Roleplay -
Our guild is built on character story and character decisions. You've crafted a character to participate with us and we want to reward your effort. As a result, we love using ensemble cast constructs; every character a chance to shine throughout the story. With the Stormchasers, character choices not only matter to the character, but the entire environment our story takes place in. The smallest of actions can have butterfly effect levels of consequence, and the story is driven completely by those who participate in it. Some call this Open Roleplay or Sandboxing. We call it Off the Rails.
For detailed information on the Off the Rails campaign style, visit out page, here.
- The Kasirga -
Located along the coast, north of Rihad in Hammerfell resides the guild headquarters, The Kasirga. There, fellow stormchasers of all ranks can find facilities for practice, preparation, and recuperation. With rooms branching off the main building, it is easy for members to either find a new place to live or a home away from home. Whether your character wishes to live there is completely their choice.
Additionally, the Kasirga is the place non-members often come to treat with the guild in attempts to seek their aid or join their ranks.
- Sew the Wind, Reap the Whirlwind -
- The Stormchasers are alignment flexible. Everything's on the table for us, from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil. That said, characters that are either utter boy scouts or capricious mass murderers are likely struggle with organizational aspects and/or their rationale for staying.
- We're monster-friendly!
- While we don't use character sheets, we do use dice rolling as a way to add tension to a story.
- We are a fantasy-first guild. We use our own series of artifacts and items, instead of canon-written ones. Expect lots of magick and weird stuff to happen.
- Even as a recruit, your character will lead aspects of a story session. No waiting on rank.
- We coordinate many things via Discord, both out of game and in game, both in-character and out-of-character.
For more information, or to apply, please visit our website.