• None
  • Light

Clearwater Investigations - Mystery, Intrigue, Horror

6 replies
Sweetrolls:
+1,388
Clearwater-logo.png

Nestled in the bleakness of Rivenspire is the County of Blighwatch. Its Count is an enigma, a man who rarely leaves the confines of his castle to grace the dark and wind-swept lands of his people. For years, desolation has allowed Blightwatch to fall into ruin, lending credit to its unfortunate name, giving it an air of ominous portent. For many - especially those who call it home - it is a dying land with a fading heartbeat.

source.gif
08-memorial-russian-candle.gif

Yet the Count is not without a sense of duty. He heard the cries of his people, and though perhaps he was not stirred to compassion, he was stirred to action. Sadly, he has not the skills required to head the sort of venture which might begin to give those people the relief they so sorely sought. So it was that Evirea Velacel, a woman who had chosen to make her home on the cracked bedrock of Blightwatch, came to propose the solution of Clearwater Investigations - the promise of a candle in the midst of an endless night.

The County is vast. The dangers which have been allowed to brew within the dark are numerous - some mundane, some decidedly less so. It is a trail that one woman cannot hope to surmount on her own - and so it is that she has begun to seek aid from those of like mind and able body. The perils that they face and the secrets that they uncover have yet to be written - but they lurk, impatient, for discovery. To be uncovered.

tumblr_ny1mnxwjpN1rxx9sho1_500.gif
spider-transparent-animated-gif-6.gif

Clearwater Investigations is, above all else, meant to be a unique roleplaying experience. One might think of it as 'Elder Scrolls meets Detective Noir.' With a defined setting in-game and an entire County to explore, the intent is to build the guild from the ground upwards, meeting other members of the agency not simply by applying to the site and being accepted, but through actual and extensive role-play with each individual. Because of its focus on building tight groups and detailed, cohesive stories, Clearwater is not a guild meant to simply draw as many people as possible - it is quality over quantity, and story over the goal of amassing members. The guild has no set hierarchy, allowing for characters to gain credentials based upon how they contribute to the guild's plot, and how they manage to solve the many mysteries they are presented with.

Aside from a unique setting and plot, Clearwater has another unique opportunity: it puts a heavy focus on community collaboration. Members of Clearwater, and even Clearwater as a whole, may be hired by other Houses and individuals to play a part in various plots. Rather than simply leaving information gathering on the backburner or up to an NPC, Clearwater serves the purpose of creating immersion by providing a group which specializes not in the hunting of supernatural beasts nor courtly affairs, but rather in finding the answers which others have not been able.

For this reason, the guild website and discord provide basic access for those individuals in the community who wish to collaborate with Clearwater, but may not themselves wish to commit a full-time character.

For a limited time, the guild is open for applications. Due to a desire to keep the guild relatively small and tight-knit, once a cap is hit, applications will close.

If you are interested in learning more, you can do so by going to our website here.

If you have questions, you can either contact me here, in-game as @TheAllegorist, or via discord as Althiira#3900.

Posted Nov 6, 18 · OP · Last edited Nov 6, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Discord Wrangler
Sweetrolls:
+2,209
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Hammerfell
Hew's Bane
This looks awesome! I'd love to have some crossover with you guys and the investigative agency associated with House Rousseau at-Rabiah, which is 'The Lost and Found' headed by Hawk and co. So excited to see this grow!
Posted Nov 7, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+235
It begins! So excited to get started with you guys and dive into some haunting investigations. I have a good feeling about this project!
Posted Nov 7, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+92
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
High Rock
A Breton dressed in flamboyant colors with makeup caked all over walks through the door. “I heard something about an investigation bureauI do hope you weren’t planning on starting without me. That would be most rude wouldn’t it? Miss Valaceal.”

I’m excited to see you’ve gotten this off the ground Alth. Cedric of course wouldn’t allow some agency of investigators to exist without him being a member. Why the rumors at court would just be too much. I’ll have to see if I can get him involved somehow. 😛
1vEd1lh.png
Characters: Menfin Bristlerun, Bard and Delion Torvol, Patient Old Mer
Want to hit me up for RP? Please do! My Discord ID is CorneliusGeekdom#8694 and my ingame @name is @CorneliusGeekdom
Posted Nov 8, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+183
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
/scratches head

Which Court is that?

And YAY Althiira :) Sounds like a good time.
gold%20divider.png
Lord Trystan Copperfeld, Copperfeld Fineries
Posted Nov 8, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,388
wrote:
This looks awesome! I'd love to have some crossover with you guys and the investigative agency associated with House Rousseau at-Rabiah, which is 'The Lost and Found' headed by Hawk and co. So excited to see this grow!
I'm always game to collaborate, my dear! I'd love to hear more!
It begins! So excited to get started with you guys and dive into some haunting investigations. I have a good feeling about this project!
I can't wait to write more stories with you Asha!
A Breton dressed in flamboyant colors with makeup caked all over walks through the door. “I heard something about an investigation bureauI do hope you weren’t planning on starting without me. That would be most rude wouldn’t it? Miss Valaceal.”

I’m excited to see you’ve gotten this off the ground Alth. Cedric of course wouldn’t allow some agency of investigators to exist without him being a member. Why the rumors at court would just be too much. I’ll have to see if I can get him involved somehow. 😛
THE SCANDAL.
wrote:
/scratches head

Which Court is that?

And YAY Althiira :) Sounds like a good time.

I'm sure it will be! :d
Posted Nov 8, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,388
cooltext305557927248760.png
rat-plague.png
The County of Blightwatch, Rivenspire

The people are dying.

Their flesh is covered in small, hard bumps which spread relentlessly upwards, towards the head. Healers have sliced open flesh in hopes of finding some parasite writhing beneath which might be removed, yet there is nothing present: only an ominous hollowness, filled with pockets of bubbled air. Those believed to have been first infected have begun ravening and gibbering, their faces covered in the strange disfigurements, their hair falling out in clumps. It is whispered that the hungry, unseen things infesting them have bored through their skulls and into the soft greymatter beneath.

Three towns thus far have been effected: Black Hollow, Kilerth, and Coniston. All trade to these towns has been forbidden, though it is not clear how long this ban will hold. Money is a powerful motivator, and it is well known that the ruins nearby are rife with those who smuggle ancient goods out in exchange for coin.

It is said that many of the healers sent to aid the sick have been infected themselves.

The people are afraid.

Spoiler: OOC InformationShow

As Clearwater launches into its first foray of adventure, it will now close applications. You may still join as an 'employer' should you wish to collaborate with clearwater in the future. As always, I thank you all for your interest in these projects, and I have no doubt we'll have a great time with one another.

Posted Nov 13, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
NoticeNotices