Page
of 3

[NA - ALL] The Anvil Horse Auction and Archery Contest

24 replies
Sweetrolls:
+346
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Such an amazing event!! I had a wonderful time and the archery contest was fantastic to watch. I really love the system that was used for it!! Thank you so much for hosting.
Posted Dec 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+44
I had a great time! The archery contest ran smoothly and was engaging (even for us spectators!) Hope there are more of these in the future.
Posted Dec 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,542
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
First let me thank the community for the support in attendance at the event. We were stunned by number of people! To those of you who engaged in the horse auction, thank you, as it was our first time running such an event. To the eight competitors who joined us for the archery contest, we hope you had fun and we thank you for competing!

Archery Contest:
Our competitors:
Baldor
Orin
Kragdin
Azrin
Kelromirr
Rayna
Brianna
Selene

Orin took first place and recieved the Huntsman's chest. Selene took second place and earned the Mage's chest. Baldor took third place and won the Soldier's chest. Additionally, everyone who competed will receive a +1 Dexterity modifier for the Ra Gada Olympiad for participating. Congratulations to Orin, Selene, and Baldor for placing, and congratulations to the rest of the competitors who put on a great show for the large crowd of spectators.

Auction Results:
Aetius, a descendant of Lord Varro's own horse Triton, was won by Alanis

Claudia, also a descendant of Triton, was won by Kresia on behalf of House Ravnore.

Additional auctioneers won the rights to stud and breed with a variety of Varro stallions and mares, as well. The proceeds from the event will go toward the restoration of House Varro, which has been engaged in a brutal conflict with daedric enemies that has resulted in a severe loss of manpower, supplies, and an overflow of displaced refugees.

As always we like to collect feedback on community events like these. We design them to make them about you, the attendee, and we hope that was the case last night. If you have any ideas for future events, or how we can do these better, please send me a PM.

BIG THANKS TO: QueenVulture ahedgepig Marcia Visellia Vorondaron crybby from House Varro, who helped run the event.

...and additional thanks to Ember Blue for offering to take screenshots!

In the future, House Varro will be promoting similar events to these. We will also be making a concerted effort to grow the open-world roleplay in the city of Kvatch, which is a separate, ongoing project. Stay tuned on that.

~B
Posted Dec 9, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Eli
Sweetrolls:
+56
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Was definitely fun to finally get out to see what community event is like. Hoping to see my girl be able to talk to people next time!
Posted Dec 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+460
PC-NA
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
A very, very well run event. The attention to detail in the initial write up, the clarity of rules and the efficiency of the rounds for the Archery contest was very well organized (didn't get to observe things on the horse auction side). For such a large turnout, it seemed flawless though I'm sure there were kinks to be had behind the scenes with DMing such things... but outwardly, it was well orchestrated and carried out. Bravo!!!!!

And kudos for hosting this event at an open venue rather than a player home. It was great exposure for your guild and enabled the average passerby to witness what quality RP is like. *two thumbs up*
Posted Dec 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices