• None
  • Light

Page
of 3

[NA-All] A celebration of Malacath, and his Scorned Children.

21 replies
Sweetrolls:
+270
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Host: The Orc Nuns of Malacath’s Chosen
Who: Anyone who is tired of winter, and looks forward to the promise of spring
What: Blessings of weapons and seeds, boasting of goals for the coming season, and a sermon on Malacath's love.
Where: Our Lord of Perpetual Vengeance, a temple to Malacath (primary residence of @swampsy, one of the hosts, or contact @SonofOslo for the port)
When: Friday, March 15th, 8 pm Eastern / 5 pm Pacific / 1am GMT

Spring is almost upon us.

Or at least this is what I keep telling myself. Every day I shovel the snow that blows into Our Lord of Perpetual Vengeance and toss it back over the cliffs into the valley below.

I watch the sun creep closer and closer to the celestial equator, I know that soon we will reach the day where light and dark are in balance. The light will soon begin to dominate our days. It is a wonderful time, a reminder of the yearly rebirth. It is a time when we call upon Malacath to bless our seeds with fertility and to protect our crops from disease. It is the time when we throw open our storehouses and take the last of our preserved tubers and cabbages. Soon, we will have much better things to eat.

It’s a time when children don the armor of an adult. The equinox brings the promise of fertility and plenty, but it also brings the reminder that soon the mountain passes will melt. Wrothgar and Bangkorai will be open once again to the Reachmen. We know that the Reachmen also have endured a harsh winter, and will be looking to fill their bellies from our stores.

As I toss one more shovelful of snow from our temple, I can’t help but look at the flowers we keep warm through the year, encouraging them to bloom. They are a reminder that the darkness will pass, spring will come, crops will grow, and the forge will ring.

We open Our Lord of Perpetual Vengeance to all, both the believer and the skeptic. We welcome you to celebrate the triumph of light over darkness under the watchful glare of Malacath.

Q2paxRR.png

(As a Minnesotan, I understand snow. That said, we've broke the record here in my town, and 80% of it has fallen in the last month. I currently have a snowdrift that blocks my view of oncoming traffic at the end of my street. I had to stab a snowbank to find where the buried fire hydrant was. I'm finding myself saying "Only -10 windchill? The walk from the bus won't be that bad tonight." There was a blizzard where they had to send out tanks to rescue people who's cars had gotten stuck, and the tank got stuck. Winter seems neverending. But, there is the promise of spring! Soon it's daylight savings time because it's spring! Soon the equinox will happen and it's SPRING!

I'll still have the snowbanks and windchill, but it's spring. Come and celebrate the promise of spring with me, because it's really cold outside and I don't want to leave the warm computer nook I have.)
The first rule of RP Club is to tell as many people as possible about RP Club
Posted Mar 5, 19 · OP · Last edited Mar 15, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+270
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
People have said to me “Abbess, I know that I won't be welcome in a temple to Malacath. I won't be able to come, for I am a…” Then there are all sorts of reasons and rationales.

“I'm not an Orc.”

“I am a follower of the Eight.”

“I don't know if I would feel welcomed in a temple.”

Each time I hear this, I want to take my ceremonial fan and smack the speaker's forehead! We have invited you! Each of these is a restriction you have put upon yourself. They were not placed there by a god or king, and it is yourself holding you back. And yes, I do have a ceremonial fan, thanks to my role as a priestess of Malacath.

We have even welcomed the followers of Trinimac. As monotheistic cousins, we have a complex relationship with the Trinimacians. We respect their devotion to protecting their culture and the Orsimer people.

Just be prepared for a bit of ribbing as we call you heretics while we hand you an ale.

This Fredas come to the temple, and celebrate the end of winter with us.

b2BzuVC.png
The first rule of RP Club is to tell as many people as possible about RP Club
Posted Mar 13, 19 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 3
NoticeNotices