• None
  • Light

[NA-PC] Bosmer Sorcerer looking for guild & some advice!

3 replies
Nyx
Sweetrolls:
+14
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Hi there! After having found my way around the forums a bit and having had some great help from people in this community, I've managed to get my bosmer sorcerer up to date with a roleplay outfit. Now, I'm just looking for a roleplay guild I'd like to get involved in and some advice on bosmer lore and so forth.

My character is a female bosmer, and I'd like to consider her ICly somewhat like.. a druid of sorts. But I'm still a beginner with ESO lore so I would really like to ask what that clasifies as in the wonderful world of the Elder Scrolls and if it's even possible.

As far as guild goes.. as noted before. I'm kind of a beginner in the ESO lore, but I'm eager to learn and happily take advice and well built critism. I'm an European playing on NA, and usually have a twisted sleep schedule which has caused me to play on NA instead. I'm looking for a guild that is considered 'neutral', for two reasons. One being that I'm a beginner in lore, so if I were to go into a full on bosmer guild, chances are I will learn a lot but chances are also that I won't be up to standard. Reason two being is that I just really like to interact with other races as well.

Roleplay, I do not mind doing in a private setting like a guild hall. But I love open world. Events I can attend, usually on weekends. But due to other obligations, chances are I may miss them or if it's really late EST I might have to miss them as well. So the guild should also have some form of casual roleplay / social roleplay going.

Do let me know if there's any questions!
ESO: @cookiejar21732 (Nyx D'nax)
Posted Jan 26, 19 · OP
Sweetrolls:
+944
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
High Rock
Wrothgar
Hello there! Welcome to ESO! :)

The Elder Scrolls universe has a great deal of interesting lore, and that is especially true when looking at the Bosmeri race and their culture. For a general ( but entertaining ) overview of Tamriel, I would recommend starting with this lore series on Youtube. ShoddyCast's coverage of the Elder Scrolls world is... imperfect, and incomplete, but it does serve as an easy starting point to give some direction on what you may want to look into.

After that, I highly recommend checking out the wiki for the Elder Scrolls: the Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages. The information there comes from the lorebooks, quests, and in-game occurrences from all of the Elder Scrolls games to date.

Have fun, and don't be afraid to ask if you have any questions!
7.jpg
Posted Jan 26, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+30
Hello there!

The most "druidic" RP I am aware of is centered on groups of women called Wyresses, and they're quite varied in their approach to magic and nature. However, most are human.There is not an RP guild for such characters that I am aware of, but there is a discord hub for Wyrd-centric or Wyrd-connected characters' players to coordinate things. The decentralized nature of it works well with the lore surrounding groups of such people anyway.

What sort of alignment do you envision for your character? ( http://easydamus.com/alignment.html - if you are unsure, most RPers use this system, or some close variation)

I run a guild called Ebonshield Enterprises. Overtly, we're a private military contractor working to maintain political neutrality. Covertly, we recruit a wide variety of personalities and worldviews. Skill set is less relevant than a character's willingness to put aside past affiliations and work alongside allies, former enemies, and the like. Think of it like a real-world PMC set in a universe where "A wizard did it" might actually be the explanation for something going on instead of a smartass copout!

Feel free to message me here, or via in-game mail or discord!
@Viking2Valkyrie
Moira#5085
Some are morally opposed to violence. They are protected by those who are not.
JLL9Rhy.png
Posted Jan 27, 19
Nyx
Sweetrolls:
+14
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
I'd describe my character as 'Chaotic-Good', it's difficult to judge since I've not really had a chance to roleplay my character properly yet. And my character would likely be something like.. a druid / witch type character, with kind of nature-ish spells. I just have to figure out what to 'name' that. A sorcerer or arcanist doesn't seem very natural at all to me. And the Wyres seems to be mostly breton.

My character is neutral, she doesn't really focus on factions of the sort, or has any prejudice on any race either. So she's an easy-going character. Might pick you up on the Ebonshield Enterprises, once I figure out what my character actually is.

I did just find something on the wiki page though.

Mabrigash
Outcast Ashlander spellcasters, said to be evil life-sucking witches who drain men of their precious bodily essence.
M

Though, they are said to be 'evil'. My character could have hidden agenda, but would not entirely be evil. Otherwise I suppose just 'Witch' will apply.
ESO: @cookiejar21732 (Nyx D'nax)
Posted Jan 27, 19 · OP · Last edited Jan 27, 19
NoticeNotices