+1,032
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
w8iYbA2.png
Ri9dCHS.png
Spoiler: Missive TextShow

0NDvcxi.png
Now that you've got my undivided attention because I am so thrilled to play the hunter that's been collected dust over the last twenty years, what are we doing?
I'm glad you asked! We are hunting monsters, of course. Vampires, Thralls, Werebeasts of all sorts, Necromancers, those vile witches, and more!

Is my Werewolf/Vampire/Daedric guild safe? Asking for a friend...
Of course it is! While my character does have IC knowledge of certain Lords and Ladies in cahoots with all sorts of evil things, I would never put a hit out for anyone in any guild (or those unguilded monsters) without permission!

What if I have a character that wants to be hunted down? Again, asking for a friend...
Let's talk! I believe that having a mediator in this sort of thing can help stave off some of the fears of being a vampire or werewolf character that is caught in the eye of someone's mercenary. But bear in mind that there will need to be a lot of open communication, and one should be willing to accept both losses and defeat. I'll not DM any one-sided events for anyone that wants to be a super-Hunter or a super-Vampire... or something like that.

How does it work?
Easy! I will be putting together a few NPC contracts that will be listed in the post right below this one. The contracts will be listed in accordance to difficulty regarding hit points. If you are a Werewolf/Witch/Vampire/Whatever - we will talk about it.

Where is this IC notice posted?
It has been delivered to all corners of Cyrodiil, and then distributed via word of mouth to other lands in Tamriel.

I'm a total lone wolf of a hunter. I can take on five of these by myself!
NOPE! Stop. I hate to burst your bubble, but my NPCs roll like gods and I am well-known for not making things easy for characters. I will require there be 3-5 hunters in a party. One reason for this is time. I don't particularly want to keep people longer than two hours. Three hours is my max on most of my events. And come on, don't you want to roleplay with others?

My Vampire hates his own race because he was forcibly turned and now is Blade 2.0 or something. Can I join?
If you can hide it, why not? However, you do run the risk of exposure. We will talk about that! I do love risky situations. *Rubs hands together wickedly*

Again, dice. How does it work?
We will be rolling d10 with modifiers. (I.E. Normal rolls will be 10d10, but if Defense has a +3 modifier, you would roll 13d10).

1. There will be 3 main stats: Magicka Attack, Physical Attack, and Defense.
  2. First time hunters will start out with 5 points to spend in either category.
  3. 1-10 will be a critical fail that results in either -1 hp from the rolling character or an ally PC (ouch), 11-29 is just a fail, 30-69 one HP hit, 70-89 two HP hit, and 90-100 will be a three pointer! Anything over 100 will result in -4, and then every 50 after that minus another 1 hp. The NPC is a pin cushion. They do not get a defensive roll.
  4. Monsters will have special attacks and more HP. These will all be things that the contract will cover.
  5. Healing yourself or an ally (outside of any special skill that is a heal skill) will cost you an attack turn. You will roll d100 for this. 1-10 will be a critical fail that results in either -1 hp from the healer or the injured, 11-29 is just a fail, 30-69 one HP recovery, 70-89 two HP recovery, and 90-100 will be a three point recovery!
  6. The emote orders are pretty standard: roll for initiative, follow an attack order, the NPC will defend and attack in the same post (for time), and then the people that need to defend will emote and the attack order follows once again. Rinse and repeat.
  7. If you enjoyed yourself and intend to bring your hunter back for more, then you will gain points to place into the stats and two points additional HP! Losses will result in nothing gained.
  8. I will open up a Discord for rolling purposes, and one need not stay in it because I know we all belong in a thousand servers by now. You will roll on your own. I will keep you updated on HP and such throughout the event.

Okay, that kinda makes sense. Moving on to losing. So we lost, how bad is my character injured?
That all depends on you! It's your character, not mine. I do the damage, you take the hits, you determine how viciously your character has been screwed up.

When do these take place?
That will require communication with others! *gasp* You might just have to contact each other, as hunters, to take on a contract. Then we will all discuss a good day and time to run it.

Great! How do I sign up?
You can reply here if you'd like, PM me, or find me on Discord. I am in several servers: Living Kvatch Project, ESO-RP... or you can take a peek at my signature and find most of my contact information! All I need to list your character is the following information, and you will be added to the list:
Posted Feb 1, 19 · OP · Last edited Mar 2, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,032
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
dwStjYg.png
Contracts will have the following:
x The minimum Group Requirement needed to complete the event in accordance to difficulty.
x The Event Type: Investigatory (which means that you have the chance to investigate rumors), or Wanted Dead or Alive (which means that this will be a kill or capture event).
x A brief description of the event itself in the form of a letter posted on various bounty boards.

If you are a monster/witch/whatever - and you want to put a hit out for yourself:
Let me know and we can arrange it!

I will update the thread when new contracts are added!

Spoiler: Investigation Contract (Brindle)Show
Spoiler: Dead or Alive (Catella - DB)Show
Posted Feb 1, 19 · OP · Last edited Apr 7, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,032
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
yF3y8vV.png
Hunters:
You will be given a special hunter's card with the seal of the Sentinel House. The list of hunters will be in alphabetic order, and they will also be split into categories of Stranger, Friendly, and Renown Hunters. Those categories will garner your hunter levels of influence among Cyrodiil, and possibly Tamriel, as one completes bounties and makes their journey to becoming a celebrated figure that rids the Motherland of all things evil. A New Hunter will have to complete at least 3 contracts to move onto Friendly. A Friendly Hunter will then complete 5 more to become Renown. Remember that you will gain additional stats per contract COMPLETED plus 1 point HP along with the IC/OOC Gold Reward. Losing, however, guarantees at least one HP with no changes to stats or gold. For fairness, everyone will start as a new hunter regardless of how renown your character is already. Don't be mad, just embrace the fun of climbing the hierarchy and gaining the respect of Cyrodiil and the fear of monsters everywhere.

Your Special Skill:
Because I believe in creating an event where not all people are equal in everything, and no one is a cookie cutter one fits all type, I am offering every hunter to stand out in some way. Your special skill can be combat related or non-combat related. It really depends on what types of contracts you will take or what you want to give to your group. This can be in the form of a buff, an AOE attack, an extra heal, an AOE heal, etc. You get it, right? Anyway, for normal contracts these will only be allowed to occur once per event, but that may change for contracts that are a little tougher. Be prepared to use them only once, but bear in mind that it can change in accordance with contract difficulty. It also must not be overpowered. You can't simply say, "My special skill is to destroy this motherfucker and take 20HP from him all at once!" Be reasonable, and I promise to be as well.

Spoiler: Hunter Card InfoShow

Kas
xoWqauu.png
Spoiler: Akarah StatsShow

Kiraval
aVdeOKf.png
Spoiler: Arielle Ashlon StatsShow

BlessingsofAkatosh
VCvqBWQ.png
Spoiler: Avynhulm of Iron StatsShow

Doctordarkspawn
eBL19B9.png
Spoiler: Brogden Lighthammer StatsShow

Feroxus the Sundered Star
pWsO0fa.png
Spoiler: Feroxus StatsShow

@YFN_Commentator
LTPfBAS.png
Spoiler: Kelromiir Torvisson StatsShow

BlissfulDelusions
IYenDA3.png
Spoiler: Snaraji StatsShow
Posted Feb 1, 19 · OP · Last edited Apr 13, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,410
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
I am vibrating in excitement, especially since I have a lovely lad sitting on my character list that's a Witch/Monster Hunter. Looking forward to seeing more & I hope this flourishes!

"Welcome my friend, sit down. I have a story to tell you about a woman who rose from the embers of nothing and created something beautiful."
-
Admin of Covenant Collective.
The Covent | Dibellan Roleplay
Spirits Of Lore | Forum
-

Posted Feb 1, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,032
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Updated with more info and such! I always welcome feedback and such as well. <3
Posted Feb 1, 19 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
This looks like it could be fantastic! Glad to see you running it, Mombie. I hope I can bring my knight along at some point!

Here's to plenty of success with your cause.
anhaga mid hrimcealde sæ

Guide on Wyrd Lore | Ethical Necromancy
Posted Feb 1, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+413
Well I think Fero can get behind this :d
housedecentiussign.png
Posted Feb 1, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,032
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Hello, people - to those interested, thank you! To those of you waiting for me to put down a contract and other things, well, I have started us off with one to dip your toes in! I've added an Investigatory contract so that we are not always just going out and killing things (as fun as it is). The first contract has investigation in mind. I will add some more slice and dice contracts a little bit later this evening after school!

I also added the information you need to get your very own hunter's card, and the chance to build In-Character renown in Cyrodiil and among monsters everywhere. I think they are pretty fair in terms of advancement, but I'm always open to a healthy dose of criticism as I am not really that expert of a DM.

Remember that you should get your hunter's card in order, then find a contract that interests you, and then find other people willing to go on the ride with you. Then we will schedule a time/date for it to take place! I added, even, a gold incentive that will also be given OOC. You will find this in the contracts.

You can also put a hit out for your own monster/witch/whatever character! Just me know so that we can put everything together and get it running.

Happy hunting!
Posted Feb 5, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 5, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,032
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
We have one hunter listed already! So if you're waiting to not be the first one, or you fear you may be the only one - fear not, for Avynhulm of Iron has stepped in to challenge evil forces! We are still working on his special skill, but it's coming along!

I shouldn't bump this so much, but I was so excited to put up a hunter card. I won't post again for at least a day. Promise.

Edit: Someone pointed out that I had accidentally changed Magicka out for Stamina somewhere halfway through everything. That was UNINTENTIONAL. It should be Magicka instead of Stamina.
Posted Feb 5, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 5, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+1,032
PC-NA
Cyrodiil
Gold Coast
Time for a handy-dandy post update! We have about four hunters down, and I am waiting on two more for stats and stuff. As I answer MANY inquiries into the system, I realize that we will have to maybe get together as a collective - DM to hunters, and have some time for feedback so that I can tweak things and make the experience better overall.

That said, I did add the Enjin profiles on top of the hunter cards. Since we have a handful of brave souls, perhaps it is time to get collaborating with your pals! This is not GM dependent. I am not going to push people to do things (but I will bump this thread every so often). I will offer the DMing, the contracts, and the encouragement, but the activity these events see are up to the RPers that play the hunters. I did think about offering my personal Discord server that I use for my to-do lists and my other Rps to make it easier to collaborate, but I didn't want to force people into another server.

The easiest way is to either send out a PM and include me in the Enjin Message group, or I we can all hop into a Discord DM together and work it out.

If you are interested and you haven't gotten your Screenies and stats to me, do it! If this sees a good amount of roleplay, then I will think about opening it up to the greater Tamriel. I just like to start small and test the waters (the system, really), first.
Posted Feb 11, 19 · OP · Last edited Feb 11, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices