+2,118
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
Wrothgar
W R O T H G A R * F O R G E * N I G H T S

fJhvztF.png

"Every culture has its craft, but none truly possess the talent at the forge quite like the Orc. Certainly some would try to argue about the Redguards and Nords being warrior peoples as well, but they would be mistaken. No matter how impressive the knotwork is on a Nord smith's work. No matter how sharp the Redguards make their scimitars... nothing compares to the durability of Orsimer metalwork. It may not always be the fanciest but you'll never have an Orcish weapon fail you. You see them at a forge? Throw all your gold at them. You won't regret it."

I N * C H A R A C T E R

Orcs are known for being mighty, for being tough, and for having a culture that some might claim (misguidedly so) to be oppressive and grim. One of the known truths about them however is that their blacksmithing skill is unrivaled. They may lack the artistic knotwork of the Nords, or the elegance of the Bretons in their designs, but the Orsimer of the 2nd Era don't just make weapons of war. They put their energy and passion into their work. Whether they live in Orsinium or in a stronghold, an Orsimer Blacksmith works metal with the same level of zeal as their warriors do in battle.

Wrothgar Forge Night is an opportunity to see this action. Orcs from all walks of life are encouraged to take part and demonstrate their skill. Outsiders from all other kingdoms and regions are welcome to come and compare their own craft, learn from the hosts of this event, and make potential allies (or enemies if one does not show proper respect to an Orc.) Experience lessons on working with orichalcum, the religious significance for some orcs in the crafting of their weapons, and when the demonstrations are over and the business is concluded share a hearty tankard of grog with the host of the Forge Night.

Meet the host.

yOOe7es.png

Drokrog gro-Morsh is a proud blacksmith, and while he is of no great significance, he is a purveyor of knowledge about his craft. He is a historian, and he often conveys the history he knows in the work he does as a blacksmith. Attending a forge night will no doubt lead to the opportunity of brushing shoulders with Drokrog, a large fellow if you ever saw one. Good natured and surprisingly even tempered, Drokrog wishes to learn as much from the outsiders that attend as much as he wishes to teach.

Be warned however. Though is a jolly fellow, there will be other Orcs perhaps of a more surly nature. Drokrog may host the Forge Night but he is still an Orc. If a brawl breaks out near the forge, he sees it as a good omen for the work being done. Forge Nights may be steeped in history and the opportunity for cultures to meet and learn about the often rejected pariah folk, but they will almost always certainly be rowdy.

O U T * O F * C H A R A C T E R

Wrothgar Forge Night is a new monthly community event! Mor'Grumaar is running the event, but storywise, it is being run by Drokrog who IC is not at all affiliated with the clan. This is meant to be an overall community event alike for Orcs and Non Orcs, though obviously it is centered around the Orsimer people. All exchanges of goods via the blacksmith trade will be on an RP level unless parties agree upon it. Each month the Forge Night will be taking place at a different location - most of the time it will be contained to Wrothgar somewhere, but it may also take place in Betnikh Isle as well as Stormhaven - specifically, the Hammerdeath Crafting Area.

Like all events run by the Orcs I wish to offer a disclaimer! Orsimer by their very nature are blunt, terse, and while a people of honor they do not care about the feelings of those easily wounded by words. They can be quick to anger and quick to conflict. There are no guarantees that conflict will happen, but equally so there are no guarantees that conflict won't happen! Those who attend should be aware of this and if the idea of being snarked at IC or even challenged by an Orc turns your stomach you may find the event to be too chippy for your liking. That said, this is designed as a welcoming event, but due to the culture of the Orcs it may have its own definition of hospitality! I hope those who choose to come have fun and enjoy putting their characters in new situations with a people often forgotten about!

Our first Forge Night will be on Wednesday, March 20th and it will be held inside Orsinium's Rime Hammer Forge!

The time for this event will be 8:30 PM EST!
96URpu2.png
Posted Mar 2, 19 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,118
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
Wrothgar
In six days, the forges burn...
96URpu2.png
Posted Mar 14, 19 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+409
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Heeelll yeeah
Posted Mar 14, 19
Sweetrolls:
+1,718
Spared a Coin
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Gold Coast
Our guild is going to be up at Solstheim for a bit, but when we are done, would definitely love to come visit this. :)
Posted Mar 15, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Red
Sweetrolls:
+83
PC-NA
Elsweyr
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
Skyrim
I have IRL stuff Wednesday night but man, I will make it to one of these. Looks like fun, and the swordplay event hosted by your guild during the Ra Gada training was awesome, too.
Posted Mar 15, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+11
I'm hosting an event that night or I would!! I'd love that.
Posted Mar 16, 19
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,118
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
Wrothgar
Tonight, the forges light up.
96URpu2.png
Posted Wed at 07:23 am · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+2,118
PC-NA
Daggerfall Covenant
Ebonheart Pact
Skyrim
Wrothgar
In 45 Minutes, the forges are set ablaze.
96URpu2.png
Posted Wed at 07:14 pm · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Red
Sweetrolls:
+83
PC-NA
Elsweyr
Gold Coast
Hammerfell
Skyrim
This was GREAT! I had a grand time. Please keep doing these!
Posted Thu at 07:10 am
NoticeNotices