• None
  • Light

[PC - EU] The Circle of Avathol - Official Thread

6 replies
Sweetrolls:

4jHcztU.png

The Circle of Avathol

In every generation, there is a legend. A tale of heroism, a saga of triumph, or an era of sacrifice. When one door closes, another opens, for every ending has a bolder beginning. After making the agonizing decision to destroy the Relic that they carried across Tamriel, the Circle of Avathol have embarked on yet another odyssey. Guided by the stars and fuelled by the memories of the fallen, their purpose is each other and that which stands in their way. Yet this time, their cause is not a devotion to a single entity, but to root out corruption in a world that has been ravaged by chaos. From magic to metal, the wheel of misfortune and villainy seeks to annihilate everything that it touches, from the impoverished to the bountiful.

Familiar faces have since departed, but the bond of the Circle has become no weaker. The night’s malevolence holds little sway over their formidable hearts, for unity forges a shield that is resilient to the machinations of the wicked. The Circle is not just a company of allies, nor a wayward path to follow. It is a promise to the world, a promise that allegiance and trust can overcome the foulest evils that Tamriel has to offer. As its former Guardian once said: ‘The Circle is a family.’

So, what say you? One stage of the journey is over, and another begins. The road ahead shall be long and arduous, but the Circle always yearns for valiant companions. Both the spirit of adventure and the promise of dawn are pledges that we make, but in a world wrought with danger and turmoil, destiny often demands the greatest of sacrifices. Look now, and know that once your feet have been bound to the path ahead, the here and now will be long behind us and never shall we walk this way the same.

In every generation, there is a legend. Will you add to the pages of our legacy?

Spoiler: OOC InformationShow

Spoiler: RecruitmentShow

Contacts

Charlaine D'Aulence - @Lynna862
Heloise Clermont - @Feywind
Bjorvik Wildcrest - @Elassia
Elyse Wickan - @Lustaria

Posted Apr 13, 19 · OP
Sweetrolls:

Roster

Spoiler: Charlaine D'AulenceShow
Spoiler: Bjorvik WildcrestShow
Spoiler: Elyse WickanShow
Spoiler: Nibani Ilath-PalShow
Spoiler: Bone-ScalesShow
Spoiler: Reads-Many-BooksShow
Spoiler: VanelenarinShow
Spoiler: RhaemothShow
Spoiler: Relnold AshencelShow
Spoiler: Zan'EluzardShow
Spoiler: R'aiqShow
Spoiler: Leopold FaustbergShow
Spoiler: ValethilShow
Spoiler: FrostburnShow
Spoiler: Nil'laShow
Spoiler: Shara gra-NarzulShow
Spoiler: Surgeon FavarthShow

Halls of the Fallen

Spoiler: Gilduin CarleonShow
Spoiler: Tura gra-MokrulShow
Spoiler: Reach-BeornShow
Spoiler: Ashayi TerinithShow
Spoiler: TadellShow

Posted Apr 13, 19 · OP
Sweetrolls:

Chapter One: The Gold Coast

30/09/18 - 13/11/18

OX9NmMu.jpg

The Gold Coast. A hive like no other, where corruption and chivalry contest in an independent conflict for dominance. Vying for recognition among the greater circles of Tamriel’s enriched society, the free cities of Anvil and Kvatch provide open sanctuary to those fleeing from misfortune and bloodshed. This is the first location for the Circle’s forthcoming tales of adventure, and intrigue.

Whilst Gilduin Carleon leads the hunt to reforge the Relic of Avathol from its Keystone and Vessel, the Circle must continue in its arduous efforts to exist as its own entity, should the Quest for Avathol fail at any point. Smugglers run rampant upon the shores of this region, whilst bandits and outlaws viciously sever the ties between the denizens of innocence, and the brutal traditionalists who wish to see order restored. The Empire continues to stride forth into these free lands, engaging those who rebel in small incursions, discreet from the watchful eyes of the Three Banners.

With new arrivals joining the Circle in every waking moment, and daggers drawing to meet the rise of a new faction, those present must discover their own intentions and execute their missions to outweigh the tethers of control that latch to their humble beginnings.

Posted Apr 13, 19 · OP
Sweetrolls:

Chapter Two: Greenshade

16/11/18 - 16/12/18

hjxZ042.jpg

From across the sea, the Circle have left the cryptic shores of the Gold Coast, to begin their fateful endeavour to reach Lady Aeowyn within the fantastical region of Auridon. With the terrifying revelations unearthed, regarding the true nature of the Scions, led by Cralvus Malcrone, the threads of despair have begun to tighten the noose. Leaving the comforts of the Perennial Manor behind after a daring escape to Anvil, a rugged future lies in wait for the freshly-forged followers of the Circle's noble cause.

Between the pristine landscapes, verdant hills and sprawling jungles, the region of Greenshade is both welcoming and wrathful. The Bosmeri villages shall provide shelter to those of a similar ilk, but the creatures of the night continue to prowl upon the wayward few. There will be little time to adapt to the setting, and hopefully, it may be the case that they can bypass the poisonous possibility of having to navigate through the labyrinth. But nothing is certain in this land.

However, whilst they find sanctuary in the port of Woodhearth, waiting for the permission to venture to Auridon, will they truly find peace within this unfamiliar territory? For the Dominion's arm is long and dominating, ever-present in traditionalist maxims and racial tensions, even after the divisive Queen's Decree. Perhaps on this adventure, the Circle may begin to comprehend the trials of this lush environment, but also its darkest and most dangerous secrets...

Posted Apr 13, 19 · OP
Sweetrolls:

Chapter Three: Grahtwood

08/01/19 - 02/02/19

fN1SYzw.jpg

'Our adventure continues, to lands that I do not understand. They breathe a different air, they intrigue the mind, and harden the soul. I see now, for myself, the reason why the Bosmeri factions defend these forests so ardently. They serve as an extension of themselves, each tree a brother or a sister that requires protection. In some ways, Valenwood has taught us to grow closer to one another, but its thorns have equally sought to tear us apart. Greenshade is behind us, its sanctuaries and havens intact, but we won't be there to indulge in their riches. Our path turns southwards, for Lady Aeowyn's palace dawns on my thoughts. Its glittering shores and gleaming spires, she has provided them to me in dreams. For how long can I conceal this, as we wander towards the Light? Yet, I go onwards with the Circle in tow, knowing that this endeavour will not be without consequence. With each passing day, as we near our shining destination, the abyss seeks to claim us and the Relic of Avathol. United, we will reach the Lady of Starlight. Divided, the Darkness will claim us. Is this the moment when it all begins to click, or will we collapse under the weight of our burden?'

Grahtwood. The true homeland of the Bosmer is reflective of both their culture, and their physiology. Barbaric, brutal but benevolent, this landscape is unlike anything that they have encountered so far. A verdant labyrinth of graht-oaks houses the civilised and the tribal in equal measure. Bone markers linger on ancient trails, as ravenous predators descend at both dawn and dusk to prey on the weary. This is not a place for the faint-hearted, its wilderness seeking to oppress those who wander beyond its glorious sanctuaries. Some consider this to be the heartland of the Aldmeri Dominion, but others deem it to be an audacious arena, for every nook and cranny contains a vicious test.

Yet, its occupants are not the only foes to contest with, as the crushing humidity and manipulative weather twist and lacerate to repel even the strongest warrior. After all, no soul carries a weapon potent enough to cleave through the will of nature itself. They may have fought against the perils of the darkness, but how will the Circle fare against the resolve of the natural world, in a place that few have traversed beforehand?

Posted Apr 13, 19 · OP
Sweetrolls:

Chapter Four: Auridon

19/02/19 - 08/03/19

Dg86k3f.jpg

'Gilduin Carleon is dead. I say this now, because without him, our opponents are weak and ready to fall. The Relic of Avathol belongs to us, and with it, our crusade can begin. Grahtwood was a failure, we were ignorant, and he led them to victory when all of it could have been avoided. Aurean paid the price for his over-extension, his thirst for blood drew him to the knife’s edge. This will not happen again. Yet, by executing him in the view of the sheep, we have made a martyr out of their Guardian. Our approach must change. The Scions will regroup. The Scions will strike again. The Scions will survive, and the Circle will collapse, for there is no strength left in those that walk with fear in their minds. If we cannot dismantle them in conflict, they will break from within. I see it in their eyes, that lasting image of decay. Even the strongest soul carries with them the burden of uncertainty, and that will be the cause of our ascension. At the end of all things, we shall rise, in the ashes of their inferno. That is my promise to you, my family.'

Auridon. The epitome of high society, with its glistening towers and gleaming shores. Fine wines and elaborate agreements cannot hide such hierarchy in isolation, as the rigid maxims of tradition and heritage prey on inferior beings. Despite efforts to rectify the Aldmeri superiority within the archipelago, Queen Ayrenn’s attempts have often fallen upon deaf ears, especially in reputable, noble circles. Yet for all of their intrigue, both ignorance and arrogance continue to be the foils of those in power, as conflict itself seeks to shatter the peace from within.

Beyond the veil, however, Auridon is a place of serenity. A far cry from the oppressive jungles of Valenwood, the chestnut cherries and steadfast ever-greens provide vistas unlike any others, only to be found in such a beautiful locale. It is fitting then, that the climax of the Circle’s quest leads them to place of such tranquillity, which may possess a heart of corruption of its own. To reach Aeowyn, recover the Relic and defeat the Scions, they have little time but to succeed, they must not allow their greatest threat to get in the way: Themselves…

Posted Apr 13, 19 · OP · Last edited Apr 13, 19
Sweetrolls:

Chapter Five: Hew's Bane

18/03/19 - 10/04/19

FPSP7Ro.jpg

’Hew’s Bane, aye? What do you know of it? The rumours and the footnotes, the tales of adventure, or the sorrows of lonely men? The oceans call to me, and my ship, well... It needs a new heading. I left you to find my own way in the world, but now I need your help. Last time I checked, we’re a family, aye? Family does what family needs to do, and your sister on the seas has something in store for you. Okay, it’s not going to be easy, I think you’ve gathered that much already. I can’t promise that Abah’s Landing will take kindly to outsiders, but there’s something that I can’t ignore in that place. Honestly, I think you’ll enjoy it. It’s an adventure, and that’s what you’re missing right now. So, what do you say? Aye? Let’s have some fun.’

Hew’s Bane. A tropical paradise in a world of high-scale conflict and bloody war machines. Beneath the shimmering sun, and in the mesmerising moonlight, freedom weaves throughout the denizens. Unbound to any law of the Three Banners, nor shackled by their campaigns, the sailors and merchants of this haven can trade with only the consequences that they themselves impose. This is a place where life is worth living, drenched in booze and excitement, as the high stakes can reward...

But also, they can take away. For in the underbelly of this land’s luxurious visage, heads roll as frequently as dice collapse upon the tables. This is a different world, to the one that the Circle have experienced. Every move will be watched, every action will be tracked, and alliances must be forged with both the pleasant and the unsavoury. To survive in Hew’s Bane is a commitment, to let go of anything that they hold dearly. The time of winning hearts and minds is over, for in the heart of thievery and espionage, it is the purse that wins out and not the morals of the wayward few...

Posted Apr 13, 19 · OP
NoticeNotices