Page
of 2

[NA-AD] The Harvest's End Festival

11 replies
Sweetrolls:
+37
4wCGM5n.png
imperial-library.info wrote:
Perhaps no other festival fires the spirit of Tamriel as much as the one held today, Harvest's End. The work of the year is over, the seeding, sowing, and reaping. Now is the time to celebrate and enjoy the fruits of the harvest, and even visitors to the celebrated region are invited to join the farmers. The taverns offer free drinks all day long, an extravagance before the economy of the coming winter months. Underfed farm hands gorging themselves and then getting sick in the town square are the most common sights of the celebration of Harvest's End.

Notices may be found around Vulkwasten and Malabal Tor.

EAVQ54A.jpg

This Friday, Aug 28th, at 8pm EST, Blue Skooma Roleplayers will be hosting a Harvest's End festival for all and any NA AD Roleplayers! There will be free drinks and food at the tavern, a few dancers, and many games and activities to play for in-game prizes!

A very gracious "thank you" to The Merchant's Circle for the generous donation of prizes. We've devised a system of "gift certificates." As of now we have 10 certificates worth 5k each to give out. Any winners will be able to spend their gold at The Merchant's Circle trader in Elden Root and will be reimbursed for their spendings up to 5k.

We're still waiting on word from The Elder Scrolls Exchange and a few other large trading guilds, so we may potentially have even more prize money.

We'll also be hosting a raffle with multiple prize tiers. Prizes include 10k in-game gold, Nirncrux, Psijic Ambrosia, and much more! Tickets are 1k each. There is no limit to how many tickets you can purchase. Guildies, please drop money into guild bank in 1k increments for it to be recorded. Non-guildies, please mail @Sweet_Roll_Thief or @Alijham with raffle money, titling the mail "Raffle." The winners will be drawn the 28th during the festival. You do not need to be present to win.

Please stop by Vulkwasten any time starting at 8pm EST on the 28th for the celebrations! Contact @Sweet_Roll_Thief for more information or if you'd like to help out.
Posted Aug 23, 15 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+216
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Valenwood
Feel free to shoot me a mail with any questions. <3

And thanks for posting this Gnarlus!
9XNQ0Rs.png

@Sweet_Roll_Thief — [PC-NA-AD] Elsynia Nightwind & Emia Riverrun
Posted Aug 23, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+216
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Valenwood
UPDATE:

A very big thank you to Dead Nirn Dealers (Wayrest), Red Nirn Reserve (Mournhold), The Elder Scrolls Exchange (Rawl’Kha), Iron Bank (Rawl’Kha), and The Merchant’s Circle (Elden Root) for their very generous donations in 350k in prize money. Please check out their guild traders!

The time of the event is 8pm EST.
9XNQ0Rs.png

Posted Aug 26, 15 · Last edited Aug 26, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+216
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Valenwood
I'd also like to add, these vouchers will also be applicable to custom gear orders at approximate value.
9XNQ0Rs.png

Posted Aug 26, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+37
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS

• 8:00pm: Festival Opening in the Tavern: Drinks and food will be served in the Tavern as introduction goes out the Harvest's End Festival. The explanation of the Gift Vouchers for the Guild Stores will be explained during this time.

• 8:15pm: Scavenger Hunt Event: A short list of fairly common items will be give to Groups in 3's. Prizes of 10k for first place for each member of the group, and 5k to each member for second place.

• 8:45pm: Riddle and Lore Quiz: MCed by @Honeybadger, a list of 10-15 questions will be asked to everyone participating, the first correct answer will get a point. Prizes to First, Second and Third place.

• 9:00pm: Pageant and Fashion Contest: MCed by Mok Firethief judged by Alijham, everyone participating will be judged for uniqueness, fashion, and color. Prizes of 30k, 20k, and 10k will be given to first, second and third respectively.

• 9:45pm: Hide and Seek: More information to come.

• 10:15pm: Linked Item Sentence Contest: Participants will have to link items from their inventory to create funny and comical sentences. Points for Originality, Uniqueness, and funniness.

• 10:30pm: Dance Contest: Participants will have to string together 5 emotes to create a dance.

• 11:00pm: Eating Drinking Contest: More information to come.

• 11:30pm: Cliff Dive Contest: Participants will have to jump to their deaths off of a cliff and attempt to land closest to the mark.
Posted Aug 27, 15 · OP · Last edited Aug 27, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+216
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Valenwood
Just wanted to reitterate that the event starts at 8pm EST. The site says it's currently underway. It is not.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
9XNQ0Rs.png

Posted Aug 28, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+37
Though feel free to come RP ahead of time
Posted Aug 28, 15 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+3,372
PC-NA
Black Marsh
Hammerfell
Valenwood
If you want to fix the time for that event listing I think you need to set it to 12 AM (GMT, which is what it takes when you're setting time) and it will show up as 8 PM EST... Hopefully... That stuff is a mess of confusion sometimes.

...or maybe 1 AM.
Inactive
KrS8s5I.png
Posted Aug 28, 15 · Last edited Aug 28, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+3,372
PC-NA
Black Marsh
Hammerfell
Valenwood
Sorry, I forgot how the prizes work, are they essentially vouchers for the trading guilds you mentioned at the start of the event?

So if we won 10k we go to their guild store, buy things, and are reimbursed for them?

Anyway, prizes aside it was a lot of fun, and it was great to see just how many people turned up for this. Huuuge crowd, lots of games and events, great roleplay, one of the best AD festivals yet. Epherus even went a little "crazy" and bought jewelry made from fruit stones in honor of the harvest theme... See, Green Pact bosmer aren't all COMPLETELY psychotic about their trees. :-p

Spoiler: Show
Inactive
KrS8s5I.png
Posted Aug 29, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+216
PC-NA
Aldmeri Dominion
Valenwood
Sorry, I'll be sending out mails in a few hours when I log in again. I didn't quite get the chance to do so with the event running late, but they'll be containing all of the following information for everyone, as well as how much in total they won.

Elder Scrolls Exchange, The Merchant's Circle, Dead Nirn Dealers, Red Nirn Reserve, and the Iron Bank of Bravos all gave us "shopping sprees" to give out. You can go to the guild trader (which I will specify in the in-game mail, as the different guilds all have a specific amount of funds they can spare), and browse. Spend your gold on whatever you'd like there, then contact their representative helping us (@Captain_Easychord) when you've spend the gold. He will have the trader logs checked and will reimburse you up to the amount you won once he sees that you've spend your gold. This refund gold will be mailed out.

If you do not initially have enough gold to spend, you can talk to me or @Captain_Easychord and he will have one of the officers of the bank your shopping spree was specifically for, purchase the items you'd like up to the amount you won, and he'll mail it to you. So it would be helpful if you know exactly what you want from the trader when you do contact them.

Hope that makes sense. Feel free to ask more questions here or in-game if you have any!

Glad you had fun! I was really surprised at the amount of people there, it was great to see everyone in one place. Thanks all for coming! Hopefully the next one isn't too far down the road. ^-^
9XNQ0Rs.png

Posted Aug 29, 15
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices