• Light

Page
of 2

Who are we but the Earth Itself

12 replies
Sweetrolls:
+355
tM3Vu0i.jpg

Feroxus wasn't a man who was about the carnal pleasures and bobbles. Sure he had wealth, for he did much hard work, as a hunter, a guide, and he even ran his own business. Feroxus was not a man who enjoyed hurting people if he didn't have to, for inflicting pain on one person for no reason would be a weak man's game, he holds himself to a set of personal tenants. Feroxus knew that from a young age that he found that he would help people where he could, even at the cost of his own time, or money.

The room was cozy for sure, Staala's bed was big enough for both of them, the room was made for sure in the Imperial style. It was lovely. Better than an inn room for sure. He was lucky, he was was very fortunate that her disposition toward him ended up like this. He enjoyed who she was too, under all that rough exterior and armor she indeed a normal person. Feroxus found it very adorable the way she acted toward him when she came onto him, acting as if she were the one picking him up from the bar. It was even better when she emitted that she found him charming.

Hence why he joined the rag-tag coalition of random individuals. People from across Tamriel banded together to fight a cult menace. Feroxus had met Staala there, and though at first, it was very rocky they ended up close friends and then well even more afterward. He would make more friends down the line as well. Though it seems Staala had been one that he hadn't expected to befriend due to them being opposites to one another. But here they were in bed with one another.

Feroxus felt as if he had betrayed his tenants to an extent as he laid next to Staala, although they had both consented, understanding her thought processes, for he used to think in such a manner. Feroxus had free reign; an open relation wasn't something he had ever planned on having when he met Nili. Feroxus didn't expect to live very long due to the fact of his line of work, and what he was. It is only a matter of time... He was within her grasp, the Cyro-Nord was much taller than him. She was muscular as well, though she was not a rippling mass she was strong but still feminine. Feroxus gently caressed her cheek as he gently murmured. "Forgive me." when he pressed his lips against her cheek she made a soft 'hmm' and smiled before shifting a bit more and pulling him closer.

It was an odd thing, to be in such an intricate thing. But Feroxus wasn't betraying either of them or coaxing them into anything that would have them interact sexually or even interact at all. Was he mistreating them? Abusing them? Was he just overall below scum? He sat there looking upon Staala confusion and pain laced his eyes as he shifted in her grasp to keep his back toward her for now, not that it bothered him to look upon her, quite the opposite he was more than fond of her. She knew what she wanted, and she wanted him.

Feroxus couldn't let himself feel any more guilty than he did. But as she pulled him closer, she murmured in a sleepy voice. "No, Ferox, come back.....mother.... didn't know." she was dreaming and it was sweet. Laying there nude with the tall blonde haired, silver-eyed woman only made him smile. Even though the thoughts that clouded his mind were still there, he knew that not everyone was a perfect being. But it didn't make him any less of a person.

Laying there in that bed, in Staala's house, in Kvatch Feroxus felt very comfortable. Resting next to this gorgeous woman that had made him smile, feel loved and wanted was one of the best things he had felt. Feroxus's eyes closed softly, and even the beast within him that seemed always to be lurking and waiting to lash out seemed content.
Tggn2rE.gif
Posted May 9, 18 · OP · Last edited May 9, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+355
12.jpg

Feroxus sat in the central watchtower that stood as the Hiranius Trading Post's beacon for those traveling along the roads; he sat up there late at night staring up into the darkness of it all, only seeing the small specs of light burning through the infinite tapestry of the void. The wind blew a tender breeze that seemed to kiss and wrap around him at random intervals. The trees rustled softly, the animals of the night sang a song with one another, or occasionally overlapping noise of the fire behind him. The scents in the air also added to the experience, sweet flower pollen, animal musks, and the oak burning was just a lovely thing to take in.

There stood an orcish male by the name of Talun near one of the corners of the watch tower's edge, resting almost entirely hidden by the stone, but the firelight exposed him to the sight of the mer. The young man seemed to be a monument to violence, with his massive muscular frame, that was a foot taller than the Bosmer's. Talun's hair was cut into a prominent Mohawk, large tusk coming from his bottom jaw. The orcs deep red eyes held a sort of contempt Feroxus either didn't register the expression or didn't mind too much.

It had been thirty long minutes until the silence broken by Talun, his voice more than a growl as his question came forth from his lips. "How does a Bosmer of all beings come to obtain land in Wrothgar? I thought your kindred loved trees and uncomfortably warm places, why come here to make an outpost for trade?" the orc was from Orsinuim's prison, well not as a willing guard. Feroxus had offered the young man a way out if he would come and help watch over the outpost. Paying the fine for Talun, he had become more or less a hired guardsmen, an imposing one at that too. Feroxus respected the fact that this orc was able to face down a troll undaunted with only a small blade as his only weapon and win at that.

"Well, a chap of mine -Seheris that large Dunmer fellow you might see walking around- and myself cleared out the fort, lovely bit of fun. Reachmen had used it as a base of operations. We snuck in through a secret passage, while a group of Orc Warriors was fighting the forces scattered about the outside of the wall," standing up and shrugging. "We slew a massive beast made by the Briarhearts. Then after fighting through hordes of the bastards, we slew the chieftain. Right bloody battle, your kin did much work on their own which was commendable." Feroxus nodded his head emphatically before his dark eyes went back up to the even darker sky.

"Then you paid for the land? You bargained with the King?" his gruff voice rumbled as if it were judging Feroxus. "Again I doubt the king would just hand over the land to someone without care." Feroxus shrugged a bit. "He saw that the place had its place, but he wanted more commerce to flow into his lands, so in exchange for the fort I promised to pay taxes, as well as have a few of his merchants here, if he sent guards and worked out a deal with Evermore to help watch over the place. So there are strings attached, but they are strings that bring in good things for everyone."

Talun seemed to take this in before nodding his head slightly, contemplating the thought. "I see," his eyes gazed over the shrouded landscape. "Then why a place that could have Reachmen cause you trouble?" his brow perked up a bit. This question perplexed Feroxus because his original purpose of just killing off Reachmen had somewhat diminished, sure he didn't exactly love them, but he met some that he hadn't loathed completely yet. "Well, I...hmmm..." scratching a shaved part of his scalp he then laughed in a bit of a soft, somber way. "Well, as much as I used to hate them all, I guess one could say that like any breed of people there are a few good ones in the rotten brambles and twisted vines. There is a chance to find something or someone good out of all the bad. Some to think the same for me. I plan on one day making peace with those who would want to at least parlay and trade. But those who have and continue to do wrong will pay in blood." Feroxus wrinkled his nose a bit as he let his eyes glance over to Talun. "I mean, after all, I bought you out of a cage, you work for me, but you are allowed to have a life like many other people are able. You did something wrong for sure, but you have to live with such haunting memories. Hopefully, they steer you in the right direction."

Feroxus went silent, upon seeing the expression of Talun, it was hard and angry like someone had just kicked him in the shin, but Feroxus knew the truth as did Talun. The young orc's had accidentally killed a man in a drunken rage, and the man had a child whose mother was already sick. Talun had done wrong and would live with that every day. Feroxus's words struck home as Talun then said out in a soft tone more to himself than to Bosmer. "Maybe one day I will grow passed my pity and sorrows."

"I am sure that you can achieve such."

The night was silent once again as the kisses and the embrace of the wind came back over them both.
Tggn2rE.gif
Posted Jun 13, 18 · OP · Last edited Jun 13, 18
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Sweetrolls:
+355
SaO23xu.jpg

There was not a cloud blemishing the perfectly blue sky above, much like the other day. The hunter's bow was drawn back ready to let the notched arrow fly, much like the other day. Though unlike the other day, his nostrils didn't burn with that deadly scent that came all to close, in the form of arrows, the smell of silver, the sudden odor of people. The memory faded away just as quickly as it came.

There was the target in the distance the large antlers, reaching up toward the sky much like arms reaching to the heavens. The beast's fur was a gradient, first a rich chestnut coloring along its head and neck, a light creamy tan along the mid-section and returning to the rich chestnut along the flank and legs. It didn't notice the predator just a few yards away; it didn't see Feroxus as he released his arrow.

Another memory came flashing through leaving the distinct sound of ringing metal, the type of ringing that came when two blades met in battle and parried one another. A droplet of sweat had run down the right side of Feroxus' dead, down the cheek and off the side of his jaw. The crash followed the death woes of the elk made as it tumbled through the bushes and bramble, its death came swiftly, a moment of pain before darkness took it into the eternal night. The audible popping noise that could only be bone revealed in the form the neck of the elk twisting in a horrid angle.

Forced to stare into the dark eyes of the animal, Feroxus did not move for what seemed to be an eternity; it was only when his lungs began to feel the pressure from lack of air did he finally inhale and start moving toward the fallen creature. The memory came back, Feroxus could smell blood, his blood, the blood of those assailants. The blades cut and danced across one another, as well as flesh; he remembered the burns from the silver as well as the wickedly sharp knives that cleanly tore his flesh open.

Feroxus seemed to lose all sense of self for a while as he relived the memory, two of the assassins had come upon him in the cave. Two arrows had lodged into his body, one in his leg, and another in his shoulder; the silver tipped weapons caused him a considerable amount of anguish. But he pressed on, had he been at his full pique condition, the tide of battle would have been in his favor for sure. But that was not the case in the slightest; he remembered that he did indeed slay three of the five that were attempting to kill him.

The first one fell to a well-timed parry and strike, impaled in the neck, and then stabbed in the chest. She bled out quickly, and Feroxus could not remember a feature about her. The second one, the male came in with a very aggressive attack pattern, and that is where the ringing came back in, the exchange ended with the man trying to finish off Feroxus by slamming the blade down into the Bosmer's chest, but ended with the man losing his head. The third enemy was the archer, and though she hit Feroxus not once, but three times with arrows, though the last silver-shard was her last, as he tossed a knife in which her closing thoughts were cut short.

Feroxus stood there silently, over the elk before he went through the motions. It was after the thoughts left he knew that his heart went onto the next memories, his now ex-lover and him breaking up. Mutual, though still none the less painful, the smell of blood, and gore filling his nostrils. his hands were drenched in crimson ichor. He merely just sighed as he continued to remove the refuse and organs that would ruin the rest of the meat separating them, setting them aside for later. Tears fell, cleansing small circles of on his hands. He had almost died, his ex-lover had saved him, and they were now, estranged. Incompatible, in the long run, at least she had not just abandoned him. She was willing to be friends, at the very least. Letting his emotions take over, he didn't make a noise as the tears continued to drip down, and onto the ground.

All the emotions were blinding him to the world around him; it wasn't until the wolf came so very near to Feroxus, that the breath was flowing over his wet hands. Both of them stared upon one another, Feroxus only furrowed his brow as he spoke out to the beast. "Yeah old fella?" asked Feroxus his voice soft as he smiled. The lone wolf flared its fangs at the Bosmer. The newcomer was a pale thing, white, with the tinges of yellow that came with any mane that pure, kissed on by the sunlight. Though the age showed in the eyes, the beast seemed to be an ancient thing, which was allowed life due to the magic of Nirn.

These two somber beings, staring one another down. Both of them had seen the quiet, lonely nights; both had walked under the brightest stars, and the darkest storms, and instead of pouncing upon the Bosmer and biting down around his neck, he offered a challenge to the addition to his would be stolen meal.

The challenge was presented with a new option in itself, as Feroxus offered up a nice cut of meat, from around the flank. "Here old man...I can share...better to eat amongst company." Both staring one another down, it took only a few moments before the wolf much like Feroxus, knew that it was tired of every fight. With blood caked upon its face, as it ate, Feroxus decided to share in the meal, no salt, no fire, no spice, letting his primal urges kick in as he chewed into whatever juicy morsel he had. That day both of them enjoyed the company, amongst the midday sun.
Tggn2rE.gif
Posted Aug 3, 18 · OP
Sweetroll
List
Undo
Page
of 2
NoticeNotices